2022-2023 Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine (Montana)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PapaGuava

The Real PG
Staff member
Administrator
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please feel free to tag a pre-medical moderator once the secondary prompt has been posted.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Members don't see this ad.

For those to follow, I will get this started. II at Great Falls campus on 11/02. Was told that it would be 6-8 weeks or so before admissions decisions are released to anyone. I will post more updates as I have them. Feel free to PM me with any questions.

Got the A email very late last night. PM for link to accepted students group me

Members don't see this ad :)
How do you apply here? I couldn’t find the Montana location on AACOMAS

Received II here a couple days ago. How was the interview experience? Was it pretty informative?

Received II here a couple days ago. How was the interview experience? Was it pretty informative?
Its as informative as the pre-interview talks can be. Standard interview, no different than most other DO programs in terms of questions

Reactions: 1 user
Its as informative as the pre-interview talks can be. Standard interview, no different than most other DO programs in terms of questions
I've heard some of the other Touro campuses can grill you during the interview. Was this the case for you?

I will be declining an offer of acceptance from this school. Good luck to everyone. If you have any questions about the process, please PM me, and I will be happy to answer.

II just now, OOS, complete on 11/22 (waited on Duet but sent secondary in on 10/28)

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got my first A!! Interviewed 12/9 and was notified by email!

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
TouroCOM-Montana II received today !!!!! First invite of the cycle :D

Three available dates in January were given and they are interviewing until March. I was marked complete 11/05.

Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone know whether we are eligible to take out federal loans if we attend this school, since it's a new campus, not a full new school?

Does anyone know whether we are eligible to take out federal loans if we attend this school, since it's a new campus, not a full new school?
That's what I was thinking, since it's just a new campus with an already accredited school that it should be good from a federal loan and accreditation stand point.

Is class of 2027 TouroCOM-Montana's first class?

I posted this elsewhere but the holidays had me all in a frenzy trying to plan things. But II received 11/11 and A received 12/13! They seem pretty quick with decisions.

Reactions: 2 users
Just got an II this morning and thrilled to be considered here. I’m honestly more interested in the Harlem campus as it's closer to home, but it says that once I interview I’ll be locked into this choice since I listed “no preference” on my primary app.

Should I just try to schedule the interview for later, to try and see if I get an II for Harlem in the meantime?

Just got an II this morning and thrilled to be considered here. I’m honestly more interested in the Harlem campus as it's closer to home, but it says that once I interview I’ll be locked into this choice since I listed “no preference” on my primary app.

Should I just try to schedule the interview for later, to try and see if I get an II for Harlem in the meantime?
I thought harlem/the other ny location/montana were all considered one app? so my understanding was that if they sent you one for montana, you're not going to get one for any of the other locations

I thought harlem/the other ny location/montana were all considered one app? so my understanding was that if they sent you one for montana, you're not going to get one for any of the other locations
Hm, I just figured it was way too quick of a turn around since I submitted my supplemental just last night

This is what it said in the email btw. They make it sound like I’m still being considered at the other two campuses as well

If you no longer wish to be considered for an interview at TouroCOM-Montana, please advise us via email indicating "Withdraw Montana Application" in the subject line. Please specify if you are withdrawing from just Montana or all TouroCOM locations (Middletown and Harlem). If you have listed 'no preference' as your campus choice please note that once you have interviewed at a specific campus, you will be no longer be considered at the other two campuses.

This is what it said in the email btw. They make it sound like I’m still being considered at the other two campuses as well

If you no longer wish to be considered for an interview at TouroCOM-Montana, please advise us via email indicating "Withdraw Montana Application" in the subject line. Please specify if you are withdrawing from just Montana or all TouroCOM locations (Middletown and Harlem). If you have listed 'no preference' as your campus choice please note that once you have interviewed at a specific campus, you will be no longer be considered at the other two campuses.
yeah the wording made me confused too, but I ended up concluding that if they extended an invitation for montana, then I'm not being considered for any of the other campuses unless I withdraw my invitation from montana. tbh, I don't know myself and I think it would be worthwhile to reach out to adcom for clarification.

yeah the wording made me confused too, but I ended up concluding that if they extended an invitation for montana, then I'm not being considered for any of the other campuses unless I withdraw my invitation from montana. tbh, I don't know myself and I think it would be worthwhile to reach out to adcom for clarification.
Yeah I’m going to send an email to ask

Only problem is, they need a response within 3 days, and I'm pretty sure they'll be closed over the weekend. I think I'll just respond scheduling the interview and still ask if I'm being considered for the other campuses or not

Only problem is, they need a response within 3 days, and I'm pretty sure they'll be closed over the weekend. I think I'll just respond scheduling the interview and still ask if I'm being considered for the other campuses or not
I'd appreciate it if you could let me know what they say!

I'd appreciate it if you could let me know what they say!
another student asked this in the other thread, if offered an II for Montana and you accept you no longer are considered for the other campuses.

another student asked this in the other thread, if offered an II for Montana and you accept you no longer are considered for the other campuses.
Ah now that’s a tough choice. Not sure if I should forego this interview and instead wait on hearing back from the other 2 campuses?

Do you know if it's accepting the interview or actually attending the interview that locks you in to a specific campus?

pretty sure it's accepting the interview
it's just a little odd because I just submitted my supplemental application yesterday, so I'm not even sure the other 2 campuses have had a chance to review my app yet

it's just a little odd because I just submitted my supplemental application yesterday, so I'm not even sure the other 2 campuses have had a chance to review my app yet
That doesn’t matter, Montana most likely reviewed you first and liked you

do you think there's a possibility that all the campuses review you at the same time and you get assigned based on which campus you have a higher likelihood of getting accepted to? another DO school does this and I have to admit, its a big reason why I accepted montana's invite. I didn't want to chance it with another campus and lose the opportunity altogether

do you think there's a possibility that all the campuses review you at the same time and you get assigned based on which campus you have a higher likelihood of getting accepted to? another DO school does this and I have to admit, its a big reason why I accepted montana's invite. I didn't want to chance it with another campus and lose the opportunity altogether
could be! unfortunately admissions is a closed door (I didn't pay the $200 secondary fee for Touro so also not sure)

I wish I knew the answer to that as well. I think I’m leaning on your side though, and I will most likely move forward with doing the interview. Better to not risk losing this opportunity

For those of you who already had the interview with Touro Montana, was it open or closed file?

Thank you! One more quick question - Was the interview before or after the welcome session? The email I received says that my interview is at 9AM, but the welcome session also starts at 9AM.
Hi ! If you wouldn't mind sharing, what day are you interviewing ? I'm interviewing on the 12th but have not received a specific interview time. Just wanted to check whether I should have received that by now.

Hi ! If you wouldn't mind sharing, what day are you interviewing ? I'm interviewing on the 12th but have not received a specific interview time. Just wanted to check whether I should have received that by now.
Also interviewing the 12th with no time yet, I'm sure we'll receive it within the week

Also interviewing the 12th with no time yet, I'm sure we'll receive it within the week
My interview is tomorrow and I received my interview information today. You will most likely receive your interview information the day before your interview!

I'm not sure, they never mentioned mine. Better to be prepared than not though
I will be declining an offer of acceptance from this school. Good luck to everyone. If you have any questions about the process, please PM me, and I will be happy to answer.
Did they talk about the curriculum in the information session? Is it PBL and flipped classroom format like the Harlem and NY campus?

Did anyone receive in II without actually applying here? I guess because I applied to the NY campus, but I got an email offering an interview for Montana instead. I never submitted any secondaries for Montana.