2022-2023 Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine (Montana)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Going a little nuts here. It’s been about 4 weeks I interviewed and I still haven’t heard anything back. Should I reach out?
I interviewed on the 28th and still haven't heard anything :/ I watch my emails just waiting for anything! Honestly at this point even a rejection letter will bring some closure lol. When I interviewed, they said it would be 4-6 weeks so apparently, they are gonna wait till the last minute. Patience is a virtue I guess, but its making me go crazy.

Members don't see this ad.

I interviewed on the 28th and still haven't heard anything :/ I watch my emails just waiting for anything! Honestly at this point even a rejection letter will bring some closure lol. When I interviewed, they said it would be 4-6 weeks so apparently, they are gonna wait till the last minute. Patience is a virtue I guess, but its making me go crazy.
Going a little nuts here. It’s been about 4 weeks I interviewed and I still haven’t heard anything back. Should I reach out?
Did you ever reach out again?

And @squigglyshana

I emailed over the weekend asking about the schedule and they seemed surprised I hadn't gotten it - apparently they sent out an announcement recently with the dates

I also hadn't paid my 2nd deposit yet so I'm wondering if that affected who did and didn't get it?
I have not paid my second deposit but I have received the email

Members don't see this ad :)
I found a bit of information out on the residency program with Touro and the Benefis Hospital today. Turns out they don't even have a residency program yet and replied back to me with:

"Benefis is working on developing a residency program, and there are other hospitals in the state that are following suit.

By (4-5 years) there will be lots of opportunities. Students can also leave the state for electives and find a rotation site with a residency program.

As a requirement of the fourth year, students must rotate to a site with a residency program. Many students use this as an opportunity to interview for a residency slot."

This seems a little unprepared to me, hmmm.

I found a bit of information out on the residency program with Touro and the Benefis Hospital today. Turns out they don't even have a residency program yet and replied back to me with:

"Benefis is working on developing a residency program, and there are other hospitals in the state that are following suit.

By (4-5 years) there will be lots of opportunities. Students can also leave the state for electives and find a rotation site with a residency program.

As a requirement of the fourth year, students must rotate to a site with a residency program. Many students use this as an opportunity to interview for a residency slot."

This seems a little unprepared to me, hmmm.
just seems like away rotations to me

Reactions: 1 user
just seems like away rotations to me
I mean I get that, but as a local to Great Falls that's kinda annoying because Benefis and Touro both said at the beginning when all was being agreed upon that rotations/residency would be completed primarily at Benefis and nearby hospitals/clinics.

Does anyone know how to withdraw an acceptance from here? Do I just reach out to the admissions committee?

No way :( Im sorry to hear that. If it makes you feel any better, I live in the same town this school is in and it has a lot of bad reputation. Currently only has three professor working there but is supposed to have 30. Also is not entirely accredited. I recommend North Dakota and Hawaii medical schools. You can actually get an MD here and they are pretty easy to get into compared to some other schools. Good luck, and feel free to direct message me with any questions, or venting about whats going on.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just interviewed today 5/11. I honestly thought they wouldn't interview so late in the cycle. I felt gently grilled during the interview. How long does it usually take for decisions? Based on this thread it seems to vary.

I got accepted! What a long seven week wait. I'm actually really surprised honestly that I got in after all this time. I was sure that this wait was a sure no, so I looks like the power of prayer once again came through :)

Reactions: 1 users
Don’t know if anyone’s still here. I initially interviewed for TouroCOM Harlem 3/31. Sat on waitlist all the way to yesterday 7/6. Essentially told me “Would you rather sit on the waitlist for TouroCOM Harlem or accept a seat at TouroCOM MT?” It was a no brainer for me since this was my only acceptance and I was in the middle of doing secondaries for the next cycle. I accepted my seat, but I have to move from Michigan to Montana in less than 2 weeks because orientation is on July 24th. Question essentially is, is anyone looking for roommates from those accepted?

Don’t know if anyone’s still here. I initially interviewed for TouroCOM Harlem 3/31. Sat on waitlist all the way to yesterday 7/6. Essentially told me “Would you rather sit on the waitlist for TouroCOM Harlem or accept a seat at TouroCOM MT?” It was a no brainer for me since this was my only acceptance and I was in the middle of doing secondaries for the next cycle. I accepted my seat, but I have to move from Michigan to Montana in less than 2 weeks because orientation is on July 24th. Question essentially is, is anyone looking for roommates from those accepted?
I saw at least one person post that they have a 2bed/2bath and were looking for a roommate, and multiple people mentioning that they need a roommate (not sure if they got one already though)! Check the Facebook page and GroupMe and don't be afraid to post and see who responds

I saw at least one person post that they have a 2bed/2bath and were looking for a roommate, and multiple people mentioning that they need a roommate (not sure if they got one already though)! Check the Facebook page and GroupMe and don't be afraid to post and see who responds
Thank you so much, I’m awaiting approval into the facebook group right now!

I literally JUST got this email too (7/24) to “begin on campus Monday, July 31st 2023”.

I literally JUST got this email too (7/24) to “begin on campus Monday, July 31st 2023”.
I got the email as well. They should've informed us this weeks ago, I would've definitely said yes but I don't see how I could set myself up for success by watching a recorded version of orientation, packing up a whole apartment and moving 37 hours away so all of a sudden.

Last edited:
I got the email as well. They should've informed us this weeks ago, I would've definitely said yes but I don't see how I could set myself up for success by watching a recorded version of orientation, packing up a whole apartment and moving 37 hours away.

Incredibly valid point. I will say though, if I was between this and having to reapply, I would take the A and run with it. It will be an incredibly stressful couple of weeks but you’re going to be a doctor in the end!

Incredibly valid point. I will say though, if I was between this and having to reapply, I would take the A and run with it. It will be an incredibly stressful couple of weeks but you’re going to be a doctor in the end!
Honestly, I truly would if the whole ordeal of packing up & moving & unpacking wasn't so stressful to me. I'm scared that would negatively impact the beginning of my semester.

Honestly, I truly would if the whole ordeal of packing up & moving & unpacking wasn't so stressful to me. I'm scared that would negatively impact the beginning of my semester.
If it makes you feel better, I’m in med school right now and my movers scammed me. I’m living out of a suitcase and I’m already into the first week of school! I didn’t plan for this but I am grateful to be where I want to be. The stressors will work themselves out, you just have to focus on your dream!

Popping on here even though I'm applying for 2024 cycle, but I just got the II and I'm wondering if anyone here has any tips? Would really appreciate it<3