2022-2023 University of New England College of Osteopathic Medicine (UNECOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Could a current student speak on what the weekly schedule looks like? Specifically, labs? For example is there labs everyday from monday to friday from 1 to 4pm? Or is like only like 2 times a week and the days varies? Also do we have to wait until the lecture is over to watch it from home?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Sorry if this has been asked already but does UNECOM accept update letters? If so do we just need to send it to the admissions email?

Could a current student speak on what the weekly schedule looks like? Specifically, labs? For example is there labs everyday from monday to friday from 1 to 4pm? Or is like only like 2 times a week and the days varies? Also do we have to wait until the lecture is over to watch it from home?
Would also like to know what a daily schedule is like! Tyy

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Withdrew my acceptance tonight to stay closer to home. Keep your heads up everyone, hoping my seat helps move the waitlist a little! As someone who applied last year and had 0 interviews to this year having 4 and a couple As, it’s a long process but dont give up on yourselves!

Reactions: 4 users
Unfortunately they don’t ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I tried too lol
When you say update letters, is this for if you took the mcat again and wanted it to be shown or is it for more volunteering/extracurricular activities to add to enhance an application?

When you say update letters, is this for if you took the mcat again and wanted it to be shown or is it for more volunteering/extracurricular activities to add to enhance an application?

Their complete email said: "If you have in-progress prerequisite coursework that will be completed before or during the following academic update periods you are encouraged to utilize these updates to verify completion." It also said, "The Office of Graduate Admissions does not accept non-academic updates at this time."

They basically don't accept anything other than academic updates through AACOMAS, I think. That likely means that new coursework and MCATs would be accepted, but not new activities/extracurriculars!

II this morning! OOS and completed in August.

II this morning as well, OOS and complete in July, great school but will probably be declining and hope it goes to someone still waiting.

II this morning! OOS and completed in August.
You guys are probably one of the last interverviewers of this cycle. A few weeks ago a lot of us interviewed and we all got WL. You should ask if its for a WL spot.

You guys are probably one of the last interverviewers of this cycle. A few weeks ago a lot of us interviewed and we all got WL. You should ask if its for a WL spot.

That is what I was thinking so I will likely be declining the invite.

Members don't see this ad :)
Any current students able to give a bit of commuting advice? Trying to figure out how to be as car-less as possible (I may be naive) and if the areas and plan I’m thinking would work. Let me know if I could DM you.

Any current students able to give a bit of commuting advice? Trying to figure out how to be as car-less as possible (I may be naive) and if the areas and plan I’m thinking would work. Let me know if I could DM you.
Current first year. Feel free to shoot me a DM. Full transparency - Being careless is going to be very hard but I can explain more in a DM

Just received an II minutes ago! Complete in late August, OOS. I might have missed this already but is this most likely for a waitlist spot or does there still seem to be room in the class?

Glad to see they are STILL sending out IIs!!! Really keeping fingers crossed that I get one soon :D

Reactions: 2 users
Just received an II minutes ago! Complete in late August, OOS. I might have missed this already but is this most likely for a waitlist spot or does there still seem to be room in the class?
We don't personally know. We just suspect it based on everyone getting interviewed getting WL. You should ask the school if you really want to know. Congrats though!

We don't personally know. We just suspect it based on everyone getting interviewed getting WL. You should ask the school if you really want to know. Congrats though!
Most of the students in the information session were admitted in may and June. I think there will be movement in the next few weeks, don't lose hope!

I received an interview yesterday! I just have a question if anyone knows. I submitted the form to have the interview rescheduled. How quick will they get back to me? I didn’t get an automatic reply saying “you submitted a form” so now I’m nervous that it didn’t go through.

I received an interview yesterday! I just have a question if anyone knows. I submitted the form to have the interview rescheduled. How quick will they get back to me? I didn’t get an automatic reply saying “you submitted a form” so now I’m nervous that it didn’t go through.

Congrats! Maybe email the office and see if they can? I had to email the office a few months ago and they responded pretty quickly

Congrats! Maybe email the office and see if they can? I had to email the office a few months ago and they responded pretty quickly
Okay I will reach out! I think I will wait till tomorrow to give them a chance to respond. Thank you!

Update: I was able to reschedule! Also they are scheduling dates in April if anyone is still waiting to hear back!

Hey all! Is the interview open or closed file? Also is it sort of like an MMI or pretty traditional?

Hey all! Is the interview open or closed file? Also is it sort of like an MMI or pretty traditional?
It is open file so the interviewers have access to your application. I had a faculty, alumni, and a student during my interview and it was pretty traditional. From my experience, it was a very laid back conversational interview

It is open file so the interviewers have access to your application. I had a faculty, alumni, and a student during my interview and it was pretty traditional. From my experience, it was a very laid back conversational interview
Interesting. I only had two people. They were both faculty.

Have ppl been rejected prior to getting an interview?
My app was completed back in august and I’m still waiting to hear

Have ppl been rejected prior to getting an interview?
My app was completed back in august and I’m still waiting to hear

Wondering the same thing tbh. Though I was complete much, much later lol

Current first year here, feel free to shoot me a DM and I'll answer as best as I can! Best of luck to you all and stay optimistic! They process things at a very deliberate pace, so if you haven't heard anything a positive outcome is definitely still possible!

Reactions: 2 users
Lmao I tried to join the FB group and instead got reported as a bot and had to dispute....bruhhhhh Im sleep :dead:

Last edited:
Lmao I tried to join the FB group and instead got reported as a bot and had to dispute....bruhhhhh Im sleep :dead:
Hiya! Shoot me a DM! We can get you figured out if you aren't already in. We're hand-approving everyone currently as the Class of 2026 group was FULL of bots and spam accounts. We're doing it this way to try to cut down on that this year.

Anyone else receive an interview invite today? Any one have an idea or input into whether it’s worth it this late in the cycle? I received other acceptances and even submitted a deposit to a school. I didn’t expect to get any more interviews so this was a surprise. Is the incoming class likely full already and I’ll probably just be put on waitlist?

Anyone else receive an interview invite today? Any one have an idea or input into whether it’s worth it this late in the cycle? I received other acceptances and even submitted a deposit to a school. I didn’t expect to get any more interviews so this was a surprise. Is the incoming class likely full already and I’ll probably just be put on waitlist?
Is this school higher on your priority list than any of the other schools you have already been accepted to or paid the deposit for? Would you choose this school over all of those other schools? Then it is worth it to give an interview.

Pre II R, I’m really upset because I thought my stats weren’t too bad (LM 63) but I guess the regional bias, applying late (Nov) and no committee letter didn't help
Looks like I’m gonna have to reapply

No II yet, still waiting to hear back from the school. Here's to wishful thinking...

Reactions: 5 users