2022-2023 University of New England College of Osteopathic Medicine (UNECOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Not really. It just said thanks for interviewing and 4-6 week for decision. Basically what that email you got said.
Although it looks like people are getting their decision sooner.
Im terrified. I feel like I just blabbered on during my interview and didn't answer everything the way that I thought I should have.
That hard 30 minute time limit was in the back of my head at all times.
No don’t worry! Listen, I think you’ll be surprised. At one point I blanked out and literally said I have no shame im just a tad nervous! We all laughed it off. They’ve done so many interviews and I’m sure they’ve seen the worst of the worse haha. & also don’t worry about the timing. Whatever question they ask you, take ur time answering bc if anything, they’ll just ask less questions lol. I finished w like 5 min and just asked them a question.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got the email acceptance this morning! Interviewed on 1/26

Reactions: 3 users
Anyone know how active the waitlist is? Not sure if its worth being added if I won't hear back until June and have other acceptances outstanding

It is honestly kind of ridiculous that schools think it's reasonable to keep people waiting for a response until June when most DO schools start their classes or at least orientations and things in June if not July. I just don't understand how a person is expected to pack up their life, find a place to live, and move with just a few weeks notice. Are we just all so accustomed to this just being the default/how the system works, that we all at a certain point began to think that this realistically highly difficult and unreasonable thing is in fact normal and reasonable lol

Reactions: 5 users
It is honestly kind of ridiculous that schools think it's reasonable to keep people waiting for a response until June when most DO schools start their classes or at least orientations and things in June if not July. I just don't understand how a person is expected to pack up their life, find a place to live, and move with just a few weeks notice. Are we just all so accustomed to this just being the default/how the system works, that we all at a certain point began to think that this realistically highly difficult and unreasonable thing is in fact normal and reasonable lol
Exactly, I enjoy UNE and would likely attend if accepted, but I would like to begin planning my life. If they tell me in June its not worth reshifting from a less favorable school imo.

If you feel like this now, just wait till you actually get to med school. Things get way more unreasonable

Got the A this morning, interviewed 1/26 - first acceptance and I had a 499 MCAT - don't give up!

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
If you feel like this now, just wait till you actually get to med school. Things get way more unreasonable
I mean I'm used to dealing with crazy deadlines and ridiculous amounts of work etc, but WHAT is more unreasonable than giving a person literally a week to move ACROSS THE COUNTRY in some cases oh my god

I mean I'm used to dealing with crazy deadlines and ridiculous amounts of work etc, but WHAT is more unreasonable than giving a person literally a week to move ACROSS THE COUNTRY in some cases oh my god
I'm completely with you. The general disregard that medical schools have for the well-being of their (paying) applicants is shocking at times. Not just UNE, but most medical schools in general.

II this morning, will be declining. GL everyone <3

Members don't see this ad :)
hello! anyone know post-II acceptance rate? I heard the class is mostly filled by Jan but i thought id ask anyway
Where did you hear that from? One of the admissions reps told me they interview till April but I didint ask about the class filling up.

Just got the email acceptance this morning! Interviewed on 1/26
Waiting on a decision and was wondering what the acceptance of seat and deposit timeline they gave you? Sweating through couple deadlines and want to prepare myself for how fast of a turn around they are expecting this late if I end up getting the A

Waiting on a decision and was wondering what the acceptance of seat and deposit timeline they gave you? Sweating through couple deadlines and want to prepare myself for how fast of a turn around they are expecting this late if I end up getting the A
I also interviewed 1/26 and my turnaround to secure my seat was 14 days I think. I knew I wouldn't hear back from any schools within that time so I went ahead and payed the initial $500.

Should we be expecting anything in mail from UNECOM?
14 days to submit the first deposit of $500, and 60 days from submitting the first deposit to submit the second of $1,500. Second deposit is refundable through May 1, 2023

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know if they send out an additional email with more info about housing options and an accepted students day or times accepted students can come tour to help make their decision before May 1st?

Does anyone know if they send out an additional email with more info about housing options and an accepted students day or times accepted students can come tour to help make their decision before May 1st?
I reached out to the admissions office regarding osteoblast registration - and was told we should be getting an email end of the week/beginning of next!
They have this resource for the time being that might help for finding housing: Living Off Campus

Should we be expecting anything in mail from UNECOM?

14 days to submit the first deposit of $500, and 60 days from submitting the first deposit to submit the second of $1,500. Second deposit is refundable through May 1, 2023
Awesome thanks for the intel. That’s a softer blow than I was anticipating. Fingers crossed for the A!

• Care
Receive the A on Monday, interviewed 1/26! Now have to decide whether to pay another deposit or stay with the school that’s closer to home. Congrats to everyone getting those As!

At this point just give me an ii or an R, I'd rather be sad now than think about being sad later!

Reactions: 5 users
They listened...rejection today. Good luck to everyone else still in the process. It's incredibly humbling applying to these schools, so keep your head up to anyone who's in the same boat as me :)

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
With all the pre II R I wonder if they are done interviewing.
I hope to hear next week from my Interview.

With all the pre II R I wonder if they are done interviewing.
I hope to hear next week from my Interview.

I wonder if my pre ii R is incoming or what it means to survive this round. I can’t imagine they’re done interviewing just yet. It could be though that moving forward they’re only looking to fill waitlist seats, but I have no idea.

What do students typically do for housing? I’ve reached out to several places via zillow but they won’t have any units for the summer

This is kind of an odd question, but do UNECOM students wear scrubs when in lab?

Interviewed Feb 9, also waitlisted
i wonder if most people are being waitlisted bc its getting pretty late in the cycle. idk I'm curious to see, hopefully other people respond.

Does anyone know the waitlist movement? It doesn't tell us what number we are on the list

Interviewed 2/9. I was WL as well. I wonder if I just interviewed for a WL spot.
I had another interview today in which I had to go into my email to join each interview. I saw this email and I had to use a lot of willpower to not open it in between breaks.I kept telling myself that if it wasn't good news, I would have lost my momentum for my interviews. I am glad that I didnt. Anyone get accepted from 2/9?

will be withdrawing my A, hope it goes to one of you deserving people instead!

absolutely loved UNE but I got into my state school and prefer to be closer to home, good luck everyone!

Current OMS-II and student interviewer here! I interviewed the last week of March when I applied and was WLed, but was still accepted in May! Hang in there guys, interviews are still happening and there is always movement on the WL!
Can't give specifics about the WL (unfortunately don't have access), but I know first hand that things shift around a lot as people are committing to other schools. I know it's excruciatingly frustrating to wait this long, but know that people are still getting interviews, just hang in there!
Open to PMs if you need some words of encouragement or if you have any questions that I can answer. Just know that I am also studying for boards, so my response may not be super speedy.

This is kind of an odd question, but do UNECOM students wear scrubs when in lab?
Not an odd question at all
In anatomy lab (aka donor) you should wear scrubs, preferably ones you don't really care about because they get dirty/smelly. In clinical skills/OMM lab, scrubs are encouraged, but not required...I typically wear comfy clothes that you can easily palpate structures through (like leggings and tee shirts)

Hope this helps!

Current OMS-II and student interviewer here! I interviewed the last week of March when I applied and was WLed, but was still accepted in May! Hang in there guys, interviews are still happening and there is always movement on the WL!
Can't give specifics about the WL (unfortunately don't have access), but I know first hand that things shift around a lot as people are committing to other schools. I know it's excruciatingly frustrating to wait this long, but know that people are still getting interviews, just hang in there!
Open to PMs if you need some words of encouragement or if you have any questions that I can answer. Just know that I am also studying for boards, so my response may not be super speedy.

Thanks for giving us hope. When did you get the II?

Thanks for giving us hope. When did you get the II?
I personally got my II around March 25th, and was accepted May 19th I believe. I also know of some people who got pulled of the WL later than than that as well, so there is still hope if you are added to the WL!

I personally got my II around March 25th, and was accepted May 19th I believe. I also know of some people who got pulled of the WL later than than that as well, so there is still hope if you are added to the WL!

Damn you received an interview March 25?! Thats crazy! Congrats!!

Has anyone on here who interviewed earlier in the cycle and WL’ed gotten off the WL and accepted?

nothing but silence since submission ... not even a pre-II R ... surprised I wasn't in the recent round of pre-II Rs at this point ughhh