2022-2023 University of New England College of Osteopathic Medicine (UNECOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm currently pre-writing secondaries and I found UNECOM's prompt are different from 2021 and 2020, but seems like no question this past year? Anyone can give me advice on whether I should pre-write question from their previous years?

The secondary questions were part of the primary. Look in the first couple of pages and the prompt should be there.

Members don't see this ad.

What is the grading system like preclerkship?

Members don't see this ad :)
Withdrew my acceptance :') I'm excited for my spot to go to one of you lovely people.

Reactions: 1 users
Damn still dead silent since submission in august…I really wonder why they haven’t sent me the R yet

Reactions: 4 users
Feel like my interview could have gone better, tripped up at the beginning because I was nervous :( hoping it goes ok, good luck to everyone

Members don't see this ad :)
I am late to this but interviewed 2/9 and on waitlist. Really hoping for some movement!!

I also feel like my interview today could’ve gone slightly better. I tripped on some of the questions and rambled BUT overall there was a good vibe and I felt good. It definitely felt conversational yet still formal enough to tell me that they care about who they accept. I appreciated how respectful my interviewers were with each of their questions. I felt like they actually took the time to read my application and referenced a lot of my application, and curated their questions for me personally, unlike just picking some bread-and-butter questions like some schools’ interviewers sometimes do. Let’s see what happens! Have other acceptances and even submitted deposit elsewhere but tbh, the interview experience and the people I met kind of sold me on this school that I already really liked.

Reactions: 1 user
Kinda late but we had some solid matches from the graduating class this year. Just from word of mouth I heard of ENT at Albany, 2 ortho (1 at Syracuse), anesthesiology at Stanford and Dartmouth, a few radiology, 1 vascular surgery

Reactions: 4 users
Kinda late but we had some solid matches from the graduating class this year. Just from word of mouth I heard of ENT at Albany, 2 ortho (1 at Syracuse), anesthesiology at Stanford and Dartmouth, a few radiology, 1 vascular surgery

Yup!! It was super exciting to see live in person =) You can see some of the matches on UNECOMs TikTok. More of that data will be coming out in the coming months

Received the A this morning! Interviewed 2/9 and waitlisted 2/21

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Late to this but also interviewed at unecom and WLed. should I have hope? anyone know how many students usually get off the Waitlist and when we will have the most WL movement?

Late to this but also interviewed at unecom and WLed. should I have hope? anyone know how many students usually get off the Waitlist and when we will have the most WL movement?
WL movement happens all summer. I have some friends get off the waitlist in June... Every year is different but just like any school, it isn't over till it's over.

WL movement happens all summer. I have some friends get off the waitlist in June... Every year is different but just like any school, it isn't over till it's over.
Any idea how many people are on the wait list and how many get off of it?
I have an A and sitting on 3 WL. Im not sure when to decide to give up waiting.
Im currently shooting for mid May beginning of June to look for housing.

Anyone hear back from the last round of interviews :rolleyes:

Any idea how many people are on the wait list and how many get off of it?
I have an A and sitting on 3 WL. Im not sure when to decide to give up waiting.
Im currently shooting for mid May beginning of June to look for housing.
Nope. That’s way above my pay grade ;) all I know is anecdotal evidence of friends getting off the list.

Hey all, any chance there's a groupme for this school or someone I can DM who's in this incoming class? I got a late A and am pretty confused on all the forms I need to fill out and the things I need to do before July.

Post interview rejection :’(

Last edited:
  • Care
Hey all, any chance there's a groupme for this school or someone I can DM who's in this incoming class? I got a late A and am pretty confused on all the forms I need to fill out and the things I need to do before July.
Highly recommend joining the school Facebook group and the discord linked in that group

• Love
Got the A this morning!!! :love: App complete 10/12, II 3/16, Interviewed 4/5, Accepted 4/25

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 3 users
There is a facebook that has a link to the discord (Search UNECOM Class of 2027 Offical)

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Sorry if this has been asked already but are the IIs done being sent out?

• Care
Forgot to update before. Applied November, ii on 3/8, interview 4/4, wl 4/25. Good luck everyone!

• Care
Does UNECOM have a summer break?
Yes, we get a little over 6 weeks (+ one week depending on how your finals go and if you have to retest anything).

Did people on the WL get that email regarding the info session in June?

Feels like a bad sign to have to see this. I am planning on making my final decision in June on where to attend. I dont know if I can wait longer to find housing. I heard housing for Maine is hard to come by for students.