2022-2023 University of Pikeville College of Osteopathic Medicine (UP-KYCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Interviewed 11/14 got the acceptance this afternoon!! All happened so fast :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 8 users
Interviewed on 11/8 and accepted 11/15!! In state. I also have an MD II to Kentucky

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
How long did it take for you all to receive interview invites after completion of application?

Members don't see this ad :)
Any current willing to contact me? I was accepted and I have a few questions. Thanks in advance

Anyone who interviewed the week prior to thanksgiving heard back about a decision?

Members don't see this ad :)
Did y’all get an official email for the acceptance yet? The voicemail they left me said they would send one later today (aka yesterday) but I dont think I’ve received anything.

Did y’all get an official email for the acceptance yet? The voicemail they left me said they would send one later today (aka yesterday) but I dont think I’ve received anything.
I just got it!

Reactions: 1 user
Oh I got mine! I was just impatient haha

Are there any OOS current students on this thread who fly to school? how do you typically get to campus? which airport do you land at? and do you rent a car to drive the rest of the way?

Are there any OOS current students on this thread who fly to school? how do you typically get to campus? which airport do you land at? and do you rent a car to drive the rest of the way?
IS, but I live close to the area. Closest airports are Lexington, KY and Huntington, WV.

Can someone confirm whether KYCOM does or does not have fully pass fail grading?

I've been looking all over and the best I can find on the school's website is a document that makes a comment about individual classes have their own grading scale. I've seen some past sdn threads suggesting that the school is pas fail and others saying only certain classes are.

Can someone confirm whether KYCOM does or does not have fully pass fail grading?

I've been looking all over and the best I can find on the school's website is a document that makes a comment about individual classes have their own grading scale. I've seen some past sdn threads suggesting that the school is pas fail and others saying only certain classes are.
Some classes are pass/fail (CIM, OPC, OPP practicals), but most are grades

There are 2 airports you can go to. Huntsville WV and Lexington KY. You will need to rent a car at either. Huntsville is about 1.5hr away and Lexington is about 2-2.5
Our GOAT 🤝

got accepted and not a current student but I'm visiting the campus this January so maybe I can pitch in :)

closest airport is Lexington I believe. But I got a straight flight from Los Angeles to Louisville (which is 3.5 hrs away from Pikeville) at a much cheaper price than LA - Lexington. Then the fastest option is to drive out from the airport to Pikeville.

Anyone of yall who got accepted and is strongly considering attending Kycom from California? (Particularly Southern cali). :D

Hey guys,
It has been a while since I heard about interviews. Anyone get an invite this month?

Reactions: 2 users
II received today, OOS completed 7/20/22
Hey! Thanks for posting this. I received an II this week too. I haven't received a Zoom link or the virtual tour yet, and was wondering if I should call in to ask about it.. Did you receive your Zoom link already? I appreciate your time and help!

Hey! Thanks for posting this. I received an II this week too. I haven't received a Zoom link or the virtual tour yet, and was wondering if I should call in to ask about it.. Did you receive your Zoom link already? I appreciate your time and help!
I haven't received anything yet! The administrative assistant from the admissions office just emailed me and told me she would call me to schedule the interview--I had emailed her yesterday because the II said to reach out to her if I wanted to schedule the virtual interview

interviewing monday any advice? anyone know the post interview acceptance rate?

interviewing monday any advice? anyone know the post interview acceptance rate?
Prepare a couple of questions for the interviewer and the basics "why medicine?" "tell me about yourself" but my interview was pretty chill and conversational!

Reactions: 1 users
Already paid my deposit, but I will be giving up my seat here as I have been accepted to my top choice with a significant scholarship. Hope my spot goes to one of you!

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Got my First A , Im gonna be a doctor!!!!!!AAAGGGHHHH

• Love
Reactions: 14 users
could anyone PM me the link to accepted students group me if there is one pls