2022-2023 University of Pikeville College of Osteopathic Medicine (UP-KYCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got an II today! Very happy and excited! Does anyone know how long it takes to schedule an interview? Kind of worried that interview spots may only be open in March-April o_O

Reactions: 2 users
Just got an II today! Very happy and excited! Does anyone know how long it takes to schedule an interview? Kind of worried that interview spots may only be open in March-April o_O
Congrats! After receiving my II invite, I sent out an email and didn't get a response right away. I decided to call and was able to schedule the interview for the next week. So, I definitely recommend calling the number they provide in the interview invite email! Good luck, you got this!

Reactions: 1 users
Accepted too! Interviewed 2/7!

Reactions: 3 users
II today. (just waiting on a reply email to schedule)
Edit: Interview 2/20

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Has anyone heard anything recently? I know the committee met last Thursday and was told to keep an eye out to hear something mid this week. I know I am a little early but I am eager!

Interviewed 2/10.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
keep getting the email from finaid to fill fafsa , but says it should be done before frist day of the semester. Wondering if filling it out with this schools code and matriculating elsewhere would afffect the application?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Agreed. “This offer includes the provision that if space becomes available in the Class of 2027 that begins July 17, 2023, you may be offered a place in this class”
The bolded message about calling Mr. Kennedy at some random number seemed odd.

So do you think this means that in order to be potentially accepted in the class of 2027, we need to put the deposit down?
Yes, you do. The deposit goes towards your tuition whether you get into the 2027 or 2028 cycle.

Is there a match-list for KYCOM 2023 somewhere? Or previous years? Thank you.

The deposit to secure your seat is due 5/15 so if you paid that you should be good. I haven't received anything about another deposit.
I paid a $1000 deposit roughly 2 weeks after receiving my acceptance in February and haven’t received any other payment requests since. I did receive an email in early April that was basically “email us if you are no longer planning to enroll and if you don’t we are assuming you’re coming.” Is this what you mean?

Does anyone know if you need to change your vehicle registration and/or driver's license as a KYCOM student? Getting conflicting information. Does anyone have a local insurance agent that they would recommend for car insurance and/or renters policy?

Withdrawing my A. KYCOM is a great school, I hope it goes to one of you!

Withdrew my acceptance. Hope it goes to one of y'all that are waiting!

Do students typically use cars to get around in Pikeville? I'll be moving downtown, but would like to know if a car is necessary.

Do students typically use cars to get around in Pikeville? I'll be moving downtown, but would like to know if a car is necessary.
There are very few places that will be uncomfortable to travel without a car. Nice to have one if you need it for things other than classes, but not necessary for downtown travel

Sent an email to all the schools who ghosted me for a status update yesterday and got an interview invite today lol… I’m assuming class is full at this point though right?

Sent an email to all the schools who ghosted me for a status update yesterday and got an interview invite today lol… I’m assuming class is full at this point though right?
There has been a lot of waitlist movement as far as I know. So not really

Just got the A! This changes everything for me lol… so is there an accepted students groupme or chat or anything? I have so many questions

Just got the A! This changes everything for me lol… so is there an accepted students groupme or chat or anything? I have so many questions

Congrats !They’ll eventually add you to the Facebook group and there’s a discord group as well ..

Any current students willing to share their experience and give insight to the program?

Any current students willing to share their experience and give insight to the program?
It’s a pretty good program overall. I find the admin is quite responsive and especially willing to provide resources for free/ accommodate. Our class is quite supportive of each other, and although there is faculty turnover, there are some good professors out there.
You all should be on a new curriculum that’s systems based so I imagine they’ll be some hiccups. The school def overemphasizes OMT, which is a slight annoyance. Our board scores have taken an hit, although it might be related to the COVID years. And the location is pretty much in the middle of nowhere, although the town isn’t too bad and should be growing especially with a new dental program coming soon.

It’s a pretty good program overall. I find the admin is quite responsive and especially willing to provide resources for free/ accommodate. Our class is quite supportive of each other, and although there is faculty turnover, there are some good professors out there.
You all should be on a new curriculum that’s systems based so I imagine they’ll be some hiccups. The school def overemphasizes OMT, which is a slight annoyance. Our board scores have taken an hit, although it might be related to the COVID years. And the location is pretty much in the middle of nowhere, although the town isn’t too bad and should be growing especially with a new dental program coming soon.

As far as the rotations, are they all in rural areas or is some based in dense urban areas?