2022-2023 UT San Antonio (Long)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wysdoc

Plain-spoken Texan
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Long School of Medicine does not employ written secondary essays, so we won't post prompts here as we do for other schools.

They do want CASPer (required) and Duet (recommended but not mandatory) (from the Altus suite)

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview feedback:
Long School of Medicine - University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio Interview Feedback

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Yes. TCU and Dell do not have written secondaries so no prompts are released.
TCU has an audio secondary and Dell a video one.
I think of them as work and they seem to be more stressful on students!

There was a time about 7 or 8 years ago it was the reverse and very few in Texas had secondaries?

I think of them as work and they seem to be more stressful on students!

There was a time about 7 or 8 years ago it was the reverse and very few in Texas had secondaries?
They all did except McGovern, UTMB, and Long but now Long is the only one without a secondary.
I agree with you that the non-written ones are still work, of a different type, but I still have to post this quite a few times a year when people keep looking for the prompts and there are no prompts :)

They all did except McGovern, UTMB, and Long but now Long is the only one without a secondary.
I agree with you that the non-written ones are still work, of a different type, but I still have to post this quite a few times a year when people keep looking for the prompts and there are no prompts :)
The non-written ones are not automatic. Are any written ones not automatic?

I may be remembering incorrectly since the person i know who applied in 2015 only did Houston surrounding and UTSW that year! So I think there were only UTSW and A&M (?) with secondaries and Baylor was AMCAS.

Edit - just read UH thread and noticed they are saying selective applicants will receive secondaries.

Has anyone received an email saying Long has received your primary application and it is now "In Review"? I know there isn't a secondary, but last year they sent an email saying they had received my primary but I haven't gotten one this year yet. I know it's still early, but I am just curious.
Nope. According to their website, long will begin reviewing apps in July. So I assume they'll probably send us the email then notifying us they've gotten our app 🤷?

Reactions: 2 users
Nope. According to their website, long will begin reviewing apps in July. So I assume they'll probably send us the email then notifying us they've gotten our app 🤷?
Awesome, thanks for letting me know. That makes a lot of sense!

Rising ms4 here!, can attempt to answer any questions yall have.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone heard anything? Little worried I haven't gotten a confirmation of receipt of my primary

Has anyone heard anything? Little worried I haven't gotten a confirmation of receipt of my primary
I haven’t either. They might just be taking longer this year.

II! There is an additional requirement to take a standardized one-way virtual interview.

II! This is overwhelming! You work your butt off for these opportunities but never know how things will turn out. I am humbled and grateful.

Reactions: 4 users
First II! So grateful and excited!!

In-state II about an hour ago! Extremely grateful and thankful!

Reactions: 1 users
II! What do we full out for the first question in the survey they sent?

Congrats on the interviews to you all! I'm OOS and just wondering, have any other OOS people gotten II's yet to Long?

I left blank. I think it's for adcom use?
I did the same. I refused to let my pre-med neurosis win that battle lol.

On another note, did anyone get a confirmation email after selecting their date?

No
I did the same. I refused to let my pre-med neurosis win that battle lol.

On another note, did anyone get a confirmation email after selecting their date?
No I didn't. I left the tab open a long time before submitting lol so I hope it went through!!

• Haha
No

No I didn't. I left the tab open a long time before submitting lol so I hope it went through!!

Hahaha! I hear you! I left it open as well and then refreshed my email like 6 times over 5 minutes, then gave up and said, "I'm glad no one on SDN can see what I'm doing right now." I'm sure we're fine. The email did mention they hadn't set up their portal, so this was just a survey to lock in your date. I'm guessing that once the portal is available, we'll be able to set it up and see the confirmed interview. Wishful thinking, at least.

NGL they had me at pasta bar 🤤
My premed neurosis won that fight and I sent an reply back out to Dr. K's email asking if my form submission had been successfully received. Would've been nice if they could have sent a confirmation email out to the email that we input into the form...

• Haha
Stats and completed dates for those with an II? It would be much appreciated

Hahaha! I hear you! I left it open as well and then refreshed my email like 6 times over 5 minutes, then gave up and said, "I'm glad no one on SDN can see what I'm doing right now." I'm sure we're fine. The email did mention they hadn't set up their portal, so this was just a survey to lock in your date. I'm guessing that once the portal is available, we'll be able to set it up and see the confirmed interview. Wishful thinking, at least.
@skeptastic and @erics2814
Inhale
Exhale
Wait a day or two

Stats and completed dates for those with an II? It would be much appreciated
LizzyM = 82.2, TMDSAS verified 6/6, my CASPER scores went out around 6/30 - 7/1 but they said they don't need that for interview screening.

Last edited:
II! This is overwhelming! You work your butt off for these opportunities but never know how things will turn out. I am humbled and grateful.
dude you are killing it this cycle! congrats!!

• Care
MCAT: 525, cGPA: 3.91, sGPA: 3.83. TMDSAS verified 6/6, my CASPER scores went out around 6/30 - 7/1 but they said they don't need that for interview screening.
That is real bling.

I appre
dude you are killing it this cycle! congrats!!
I appreciate this! It feels really great after years of struggling to navigate this process, and I am just focusing on brief celebrations followed by confuted preparation. I have faith and am confident, but extremely humble. This process is a bear.

Congrats on the interviews to you all! I'm OOS and just wondering, have any other OOS people gotten II's yet to Long?
+1 I am OOS and have heard nothing. I think we need patience and to honor the "comparison is the thief of joy" mentality (even though this waiting is the WORST lol).

Does anyone know what SOWVI is like this year? Is it the same as last year’s—2 questions, 2 minutes, unlimited tries?

II received today! So excited and gratefu! IS MCAT: 517; GPA: 3.89; minimal EC. transmitted 6/26. Does anyone know if the TX schools ask technical questions in the interveiw process. (For Example: What is the final enzyme in the glycolysis step) or something similar?