2023-2024 Burrell College of Osteopathic Medicine (BCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
OOS II

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
OOS II. LM 70. Withdrawing my II, hope it goes to one of u wonderful people!!

Reactions: 2 users
OOS II today. First one ever for me. Almost cried when I opened the email 😭

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
How was the interview for Florida? Is it open or closed file and any other info. This will be my third interview with two waitlists so want to make sure I’m 100 percent prepared. Thanks

How was the interview for Florida? Is it open or closed file and any other info. This will be my third interview with two waitlists so want to make sure I’m 100 percent prepared. Thanks
It’s just one interview, not separate. Partially open (your secondary answers and your PS are available to the interviewers), but it was about as low stress as I could have hoped for.

I can’t give you any of the questions, but there are older resources on SDN that are still current and useful for prep.

Reactions: 1 user
Two interviews and it's partially open. They won't know your grades or mcats.

Agree with the other responses!
My interviewers were great. If you know how to present your story in a genuine way, it shouldn’t feel like an interview.

OOS II today. First one ever for me. Almost cried when I opened the email 😭
I felt the same way!!! It’s been such a long road for me. I was so excited for the interview.

Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
It’s just one interview, not separate. Partially open (your secondary answers and your PS are available to the interviewers), but it was about as low stress as I could have hoped for.

I can’t give you any of the questions, but there are older resources on SDN that are still current and useful for prep.
Thanks

Agree with the other responses!
My interviewers were great. If you know how to present your story in a genuine way, it shouldn’t feel like an interview.
Fantastic thanks

Out of curiosity, how’s the WL movement at this school?

Interview was Good I hope a did well. Could really see myself here.

Reactions: 2 users
Did any of you list Florida as you preferred campus/ what are your thoughts on the Florida location and it's newness?

Does anyone know if II moving forward are for WL spots? Or are their still spots open

Like early August lol so it’s been a while

Nice! I’ve been complete since around that time too so I’m waiting to hear back from them hopefully with an II. Which interview dates are you able to see on your end, like until March or April?

Nice! I’ve been complete since around that time too so I’m waiting to hear back from them hopefully with an II. Which interview dates are you able to see on your end, like until March or April?
I actually didn’t even look at the other months lol; I saw a date for next week and registered for it! Sorry

OOS II today, I was complete back in October or November I think

This has probably been asked before but when does BCOM stop sending out interview invites?

Does anyone know if BCOM shows rankings of each student on residency applications? I know BCOM is pass/fail but I was curious if they have an internal ranking that is shown on the letter sent out to residency programs that students applies to in their 4th year.

Damn I applied back in aug I guess my cycle w this school is done..
I thought I was done here and got an II don’t give up hope maybe they just had us further down the list

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know if BCOM shows rankings of each student on residency applications? I know BCOM is pass/fail but I was curious if they have an internal ranking that is shown on the letter sent out to residency programs that students applies to in their 4th year.
Not too sure if they have internal rankings, but for what I know they do have a "top 10%" of each block, and it does go on your transcript but they don't tell us.

OOS II ! complete in November :)

Only dates left to interview were 2/14, 2/29, 3/5, and 3/11

Hello,
does anyone know if the March orientation event is mandatory? I am having a situation that may not allow me to attend the event. so i am curious to know

OOS II this morning. Options for interview are tomorrow afternoon or March 5th... Think it's better to do the earlier one or would I be ok doing the March 5th?

OOS II this morning. Options for interview are tomorrow afternoon or March 5th... Think it's better to do the earlier one or would I be ok doing the March 5th?
It's always better to do it earlier in my opinion.