2023-2024 Colorado

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wysdoc

Plain-spoken Texan
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
2023-2024 Colorado Secondary Essay Prompts **Read their instructions in red!**

Please do not repeat content from your AMCAS personal statement in these essays. To the extent that there is overlap in the personal statement to what you want to write here, please choose a different approach to discussing the issue(s), such as influence on your values and beliefs, changes you made in your life, reflections that are from a different perspective. The committee utilizes this important information in the selection process.

1) The pillars of our curriculum are Leadership, Curiosity, and Commitment. Tell us about how you have embodied one or more of these attributes in your path to medicine thus far. In which of these areas do you see the most opportunity for personal growth and why? Limit this response to 500 words.

2) Please describe how your background and/or your unique lived experiences contribute to our culture of inclusive excellence. Limit the response to 300 words.

3)
(If reapplicant) Please explain how you and your application has changed since your previous submission. Limit this response to 1500 Characters.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview Feedback:
University of Colorado Denver School of Medicine Interview Feedback

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Anyone receive secondaries yet?
Colorado usually releases pretty late if I remember correctly from past years. Maybe another week or two before they start.

Members don't see this ad :)
Here are the prompts:

Please do not repeat content from your AMCAS personal statement in these essays. To the extent that there is overlap in the personal statement to what you want to write here, please choose a different approach to discussing the issue(s), such as influence on your values and beliefs, changes you made in your life, reflections that are from a different perspective. The committee utilizes this important information in the selection process.

1) The pillars of our curriculum are Leadership, Curiosity, and Commitment. Tell us about how you have embodied one or more of these attributes in your path to medicine thus far. In which of these areas do you see the most opportunity for personal growth and why? Limit this response to 500 words.

2) Please describe how your background and/or your unique lived experiences contribute to our culture of inclusive excellence. Limit the response to 300 words.

Reactions: 5 users
Here are the prompts:

@wysdoc

Any other verified applicants still waiting on secondaries? It's probably just them releasing secondaries in batches, but I've had email troubles with another school where their secondary didn't sent even though it should have, so just trying to make sure I'm not alone here.

Reactions: 1 user
Any other verified applicants still waiting on secondaries? It's probably just them releasing secondaries in batches, but I've had email troubles with another school where their secondary didn't sent even though it should have, so just trying to make sure I'm not alone here.
Yup still waiting

Reactions: 1 users
I'm still waiting as well! Seems like most every school is sending in batches this year. All of mine have trickled in so far.

Reactions: 2 users
still waiting

Reactions: 4 users
I'm still waiting as well. I wonder how many they have sent out so far.

Members don't see this ad :)
anyone else still waiting? a little surprised I already got screened out

Still waiting but OOS

fwiw it seems like in previous years only half the applicants that submit primary to CU finish the secondary

Has anybody OOS received a secondary invite yet? I only see IS so far but curious

Nothing yet, OOS.

Reactions: 1 users
+1 OOS MSTP.

Does anyone else see Duet not marked as received despite having completed it and having done CASPER?

Anyone with CASPer marked as receive but not Duet on their portal? How do I send Duet to them? I thought they were sent together?

Does anyone know if completing the CASPER + DUET is required to receive a secondary? I've completed CASPER, but not DUET, since the other schools I applied to did not need it.

Does anyone know if completing the CASPER + DUET is required to receive a secondary? I've completed CASPER, but not DUET, since the other schools I applied to did not need it.
unsure, but, duet is just a bunch of questions about school preferences and takes 20 minutes to do. I would just knock it out so it gets sent.

I don't believe so, but I think they are both required to complete your application. I've done and sent both but still haven't received a secondary.

I had this issue with another school. They usually have to download the DUET scores separately from CASPer, and they do this once or twice a week.