You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 Florida Atlantic (Schmidt)
Started by chilly_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
ishouldnotbehere
Full Member
I’m still stuck in the “Admissions screening in progress” purgatory. Is there any hope?
Same dude, straight up, I don’t think there is any hope
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Damn. My app was never reviewed. They said they were interviewing until March?I was in an interview recently, and they said we were their last interview group. Hate to be the bearer. Good luck
CompleteTheComeback
Full Member
Oof I think there’s a good chance they didn’t even read my app (or at least a good part of it). Still on admissions screening in progress. Hope they enjoy that donation.
Fr? Welp… that’s a bummer.I was in an interview recently, and they said we were their last interview group. Hate to be the bearer. Good luck
If I’m going out I’m glad it was by your hand, LigmaI was in an interview recently, and they said we were their last interview group. Hate to be the bearer. Good luck
one_masterpiece
Full Member
Heard another person say this too. Gg FAUI was in an interview recently, and they said we were their last interview group. Hate to be the bearer. Good luck
I don’t get why they haven’t sent out mass rejections then. If they know they aren’t interviewing anyone else, send the Rs so we don’t hold out hope for something that will never come.I was in an interview recently, and they said we were their last interview group. Hate to be the bearer. Good luck
Hmm... I believe you, though their site says "Interview days are scheduled on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays between mid-September and February. The interview is scheduled for the entire day."I was in an interview recently, and they said we were their last interview group. Hate to be the bearer. Good luck
Possible they meant until February? Or just they interviewed their max and know their WL is maxed out already?
iconliving
Full Member
A just now!
Fldoc2424
Full Member
Congratulations hoping mine comes in soon!!A this evening. I am so excited!
Fldoc2424
Full Member
Congratulations!!!A just now!
Fldoc2424
Full Member
Out of curiosity was it a email or call?A just now!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
antithetical-dreamgirl02
Full Member
I got a call, a text from the adcom leader, and an official email.Out of curiosity was it a email or call?
Is there an accepted students groupme for this?
iconliving
Full Member
call but i didn’t answer so they texted and emailed! it was within the same minute as wellOut of curiosity was it a email or call?
Fldoc2424
Full Member
Thank you guys!!! Praying I’m waitlist at least or maybe they were not able to get to everyone!!! 😅😅call but i didn’t answer so they texted and emailed! it was within the same minute as well
Good luck! Hopefully they get back to you soon.Thank you guys!!! Praying I’m waitlist at least or maybe they were not able to get to everyone!!! 😅😅
CHRISDoc787
Full Member
when was your interview? and Congratulations!A just now!
iconliving
Full Member
thank you! my interview was nov 14th, they told us on interview day they would get back to us beginning of februarywhen was your interview? and Congratulations!
CHRISDoc787
Full Member
Ok cool, they told us we will hear back early March so fingers crossed 🤞 I really like this program.thank you! my interview was nov 14th, they told us on interview day they would get back to us beginning of february
Fldoc2424
Full Member
When was your interview? I interviewed December 1 and they told me Feb 2 decesion by 4 😀😅Ok cool, they told us we will hear back early March so fingers crossed 🤞 I really like this program.
CHRISDoc787
Full Member
My II was January 25th so yeah I think you would hear back sometime this month?When was your interview? I interviewed December 1 and they told me Feb 2 decesion by 4 😀😅
Fldoc2424
Full Member
Hoping for the best for all of us here and a quick decision. Waiting is honestly the worst partMy II was January 25th so yeah I think you would hear back sometime this month?
Anyone who has got an II and not get an A get any email?
chessmaster1234
New Member
Yes here is the link to the groupme!I got a call, a text from the adcom leader, and an official email.
Is there an accepted students groupme for this?
D
deleted1149414
They emailed me and my portal had me confirm the alternate list positionHas anyone been waitlisted/alternate listed after interview and did the portal update to say that?
I think we just got the post II Rs man, sucks ik.Has anyone been waitlisted/alternate listed after interview and did the portal update to say that?
My portal says not accepted also
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1149414
Has anyone called admissions to discuss the waitlist and potential waitlist movement? I'm just wondering if it would be beneficial to reach out to them or not
From previous threads it sounds like waitlist movement happened in May and per the MSAR:Has anyone called admissions to discuss the waitlist and potential waitlist movement? I'm just wondering if it would be beneficial to reach out to them or not
Once it is determined seats are available with the College, applicants are reviewed by the Committee on Admissions. The waitlist is not ranked, therefore all applications are re-reviewed.
Omg 😳 same! Did they really not review our application?Oof I think there’s a good chance they didn’t even read my app (or at least a good part of it). Still on admissions screening in progress. Hope they enjoy that donation.
ishouldnotbehere
Full Member
Oof I think there’s a good chance they didn’t even read my app (or at least a good part of it). Still on admissions screening in progress. Hope they enjoy that donation.
They definitely threw mine in the trash as soon as I sent it
Yeah it looks like our apps were never read. Pretty lame of the school tbh.
2024hopefulbanana
Full Member
I received scholarship information this week!Anyone have any insight on when we might hear about financial aid?
Post-II R, not surprised didn't do my best.
SunshineMD_AD
Full Member
Withdrew my A from here - hope it goes to one of you!
Fldoc2424
Full Member
Post-II R, not surprised didn't do my best.
I feel your pain. There almost worse as you read up and get attached to the school then get rejected [emoji28]
i was rejected in jan - but i'm surprised you're still asking - they told us they'll stop interviewing in jan/feb?For those who have interviewed already, were the questions mostly "what would you do" style, or more "tell me a story of a time when..." style, or both? And were there still more common traditional questions like why medicine and questions about specifics of your app?
I'm surprised that they haven't sent out a wave of rejections then 🤔 I wonder why they are keeping us all in limbo.i was rejected in jan - but i'm surprised you're still asking - they told us they'll stop interviewing in jan/feb?
CHRISDoc787
Full Member
Goodluck you got this!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
That’s horrible!AVOID THIS SCHOOL, THEY DO NOT CARE ABOUT THEIR STUDENTS. I WAS INTERVIEWED A FEW MONTHS AGO AND WAITLISTED. THEN I RECEIVED ANOTHER EMAIL SAYING I HAD BEEN ACCEPTED AND WAS ECSTATIC. WHEN I CALLED THE ADMISSIONS OFFICE TO INQUIRE ABOUT MY STATUS THEY TOLD ME THE ACCEPTANCE EMAIL HAD BEEN A MISTAKE AND DID NOT EVEN APOLOGIZE TO ME. THEY DO NOT CARE!!!!
That's unacceptable. I was rejected - and happily so, found a school that seems more caring/focused.AVOID THIS SCHOOL, THEY DO NOT CARE ABOUT THEIR STUDENTS. I WAS INTERVIEWED A FEW MONTHS AGO AND WAITLISTED. THEN I RECEIVED ANOTHER EMAIL SAYING I HAD BEEN ACCEPTED AND WAS ECSTATIC. WHEN I CALLED THE ADMISSIONS OFFICE TO INQUIRE ABOUT MY STATUS THEY TOLD ME THE ACCEPTANCE EMAIL HAD BEEN A MISTAKE AND DID NOT EVEN APOLOGIZE TO ME. THEY DO NOT CARE!!!!
Fortunately you have an A in hand. I feel bad for those who didn't.AVOID THIS SCHOOL, THEY DO NOT CARE ABOUT THEIR STUDENTS. I WAS INTERVIEWED A FEW MONTHS AGO AND WAITLISTED. THEN I RECEIVED ANOTHER EMAIL SAYING I HAD BEEN ACCEPTED AND WAS ECSTATIC. WHEN I CALLED THE ADMISSIONS OFFICE TO INQUIRE ABOUT MY STATUS THEY TOLD ME THE ACCEPTANCE EMAIL HAD BEEN A MISTAKE AND DID NOT EVEN APOLOGIZE TO ME. THEY DO NOT CARE!!!!
Admissions is a hard job. I'm sure behind the scenes they're scrambling about it. It's also more customary for the director or dean of admissions to issue an apology once they figure out what happened.
Applications: While You Are Waiting
Ever wonder what goes on behind the scenes of medical school admissions? Here we explore how an application moves through the process.
www.studentdoctor.net
I haven't - so excited and nervous at the same time!Has anyone gotten any news
milkcarton
Full Member
Any updates?