2023-2024 Florida Atlantic (Schmidt)

Started by chilly_md
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is it worth sending a letter of interest IS pre-II?
i honestly think they're done interviewing - you could, but we were told last interviews are in jan/feb, so have been surprised to see any interviews at all in the last couple of weeks. Also i received an R from here, so i'll unwatch this thread, good luck everyone!
 
i honestly think they're done interviewing - you could, but we were told last interviews are in jan/feb, so have been surprised to see any interviews at all in the last couple of weeks. Also i received an R from here, so i'll unwatch this thread, good luck everyone!
That's a bummer, I haven't received an R yet but will be expecting it. Thanks for the heads up 🥲
 
i honestly think they're done interviewing - you could, but we were told last interviews are in jan/feb, so have been surprised to see any interviews at all in the last couple of weeks. Also i received an R from here, so i'll unwatch this thread, good luck everyone!
I don’t think they are done
 
congrats to everyone on the cycle! i’m currently a premed student at a state school here, i wanted to ask for a advice on ways i could standout so i could possibly get an A.
honestly this school just came off as a high stats school - if you have the > 3.8 >515 MCAT i think they'll interview you. i didn't have anything else special.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got a 3.4X and 514 and got a interview. I was rejected though so you may be right [emoji23]
I was also rejected lol - but from interview day, etc. i don't think there's anything more to applying here. seems like a pretty cookie cutter school that takes high stats applicants - two-thirds of which don't matriculate because of said high stat, and then they pull of the WL.
 
Last edited:
I know they said no WL movement until May but does anyone know how much the WL even moves? Is there an alright chance of getting an A from the WL?
 
OOS Pre-II R. Knew it was coming for a while, but still unfortunate. They never even looked at my app. I spent a lot of time on that secondary, which makes this even more unfortunate😂
 
i was rejected (not sure how I keep getting alerts, smh) - someone in our frat is also WL, I think they consider the updates tab on the portal. not sure tho
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just got a little acceptance goodie in the mail from FIU, anyone know if FAU sends anything to accepted students? I want some merch😍
 
Has anyone been accepted from the WL recently?
I'm not sure anyone has been accepted yet. From what I heard they were going to start offering "mid may." Since they sent that email about confirming interest in April my guess is maybe that means next week? Not sure - I guess we'll see.
 
I was driving at work today and got a phone call and voicemail from a 561 number thinking it was FAU and it was just spam 🥲 every time my phone rings it's stressing me out! Congrats to anyone that has gotten off the waitlist so far and good luck to everyone else on it!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was driving at work today and got a phone call and voicemail from a 561 number thinking it was FAU and it was just spam 🥲 every time my phone rings it's stressing me out! Congrats to anyone that has gotten off the waitlist so far and good luck to everyone else on it!

I feel the same way!!
 
For accepted students, here is the link to the groupme that @chessmaster1234 started a while ago.

You're invited to my new group 'FAU Med 2024' on GroupMe. Click here to join: FAU Med 2024