2023-2024 Florida Atlantic (Schmidt)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Is it worth sending a letter of interest IS pre-II?
i honestly think they're done interviewing - you could, but we were told last interviews are in jan/feb, so have been surprised to see any interviews at all in the last couple of weeks. Also i received an R from here, so i'll unwatch this thread, good luck everyone!

Reactions: 1 user
i honestly think they're done interviewing - you could, but we were told last interviews are in jan/feb, so have been surprised to see any interviews at all in the last couple of weeks. Also i received an R from here, so i'll unwatch this thread, good luck everyone!
That's a bummer, I haven't received an R yet but will be expecting it. Thanks for the heads up 🥲

• Care
I don’t think they are done

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone on WL send a letter of intent? / do you send it via email

congrats to everyone on the cycle! i’m currently a premed student at a state school here, i wanted to ask for a advice on ways i could standout so i could possibly get an A.
honestly this school just came off as a high stats school - if you have the > 3.8 >515 MCAT i think they'll interview you. i didn't have anything else special.

honestly this school just came off as a high stats school - if you have the > 3.8 >515 MCAT i think they'll interview you. i didn't have anything else special.

I got a 3.4X and 514 and got a interview. I was rejected though so you may be right

• Care
I got a 3.4X and 514 and got a interview. I was rejected though so you may be right
I was also rejected lol - but from interview day, etc. i don't think there's anything more to applying here. seems like a pretty cookie cutter school that takes high stats applicants - two-thirds of which don't matriculate because of said high stat, and then they pull of the WL.

Last edited:
The old GroupMe for accepted students got messed up because bots joined. I made a new one for any one that wants to rejoin that has a security question so hopefully that keeps it limited to only accepted students: GroupMe
Link

I know they said no WL movement until May but does anyone know how much the WL even moves? Is there an alright chance of getting an A from the WL?

I know they said no WL movement until May but does anyone know how much the WL even moves? Is there an alright chance of getting an A from the WL?
I heard they take 50% of their class off the WL

OOS Pre-II R. Knew it was coming for a while, but still unfortunate. They never even looked at my app. I spent a lot of time on that secondary, which makes this even more unfortunate😂

OOS Pre II-R, did anyone else’s say “please consider reapplying next year” lol

Anyone on WL send a letter of intent? / do you send it via email
Does anyone have an answer for this? I emailed admissions to ask but haven't received a response (I was wondering if it should be emailed or paired with an update through the portal)

i was rejected (not sure how I keep getting alerts, smh) - someone in our frat is also WL, I think they consider the updates tab on the portal. not sure tho

Does anyone have an answer for this? I emailed admissions to ask but haven't received a response (I was wondering if it should be emailed or paired with an update through the portal)
Yes send a letter of intent via email

Yes send a letter of intent via email
Thanks, I think this is what the OP already did, and the office didn't respond. I was referring to what my friend on the waitlist mentioned—that they don't consider letters of intent because the waitlist is unranked, and it's better to keep updates on the portal.

Received email today to confirm alternate list position

Reactions: 1 users
I just got a little acceptance goodie in the mail from FIU, anyone know if FAU sends anything to accepted students? I want some merch:love:

does anyone know how much WL movement happens in the first couple of weeks of May? Not sure if I should expect to wait until June...

Happy April 30th everyone hopefully we start hearing things back next week!

Reactions: 3 users
Has anyone been accepted from the WL recently?
I'm not sure anyone has been accepted yet. From what I heard they were going to start offering "mid may." Since they sent that email about confirming interest in April my guess is maybe that means next week? Not sure - I guess we'll see.