2023-2024 Rocky Vista University College of Osteopathic Medicine (RVUCOM-Colorado)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
IS II yesterday 10/7! Complete 9/5
506/4.0

Members don't see this ad.

+1 OOS A. They said when I interviewed 9/14 their next applicant review day was 9/29 if that gives somewhat of a timeline

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
OOS A 10/5, interviewed 9/13, LM 70.5, international student with Chinese citizenship, missed the call due to ongoing experiment when working in the lab lol

Reactions: 1 users
How did you all get the A? Also, was there anyone from October interviews who heard back of the A today?

How did you all get the A? Also, was there anyone from October interviews who heard back of the A today?
I interviewed on October 2 and didn’t hear anything today, they said it would be a phone call for an acceptance and an email for anything else - sounds like the early October interviews will be next to get decisions!!

Does this school do pre-II Rejections? On the portal it says we should hear back for II in ~60 days after submission. It’s been 70ish for me is this a soft R?

Does this school do pre-II Rejections? On the portal it says we should hear back for II in ~60 days after submission. It’s been 70ish for me is this a soft R?
Same question here. At this point I’m worried it is. Which sucks, because it’s my top choice.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got an II and submitted the secondary July 15th. Positive vibes you’ll get one!

Reactions: 1 user
So I emailed them and they told me they do pre-II R’s so if you haven’t heard anything you’re still under consideration

Anyone know if they make exceptions to the premed/science faculty LOR? I've been out of school for a few years so I cant really get a good one. I emailed admissions but they haven't answered.

Called yesterday, and they said most-likely that the October interviews will be notified by the end of this week

Reactions: 2 users
Called yesterday, and they said most-likely that the October interviews will be notified by the end of this week
Thank you for sharing! I am losing my mind over here haha, hopefully they don't call during my interview on friday

got an update email from them saying still under consideration for interview. complete 8/10

Reactions: 4 users
Didn’t get this:( complete 08/03 IS

My copium is that maybe they're inviting me for an interview so I'm technically not "under consideration" and will get an II later this week or that I just haven't been reviewed yet but it's definitely not a great feeling not getting that email lol.

My copium is that maybe they're inviting me for an interview so I'm technically not "under consideration" and will get an II later this week or that I just haven't been reviewed yet but it's definitely not a great feeling not getting that email lol.
I like your hopeful thinking, but I think an R is coming our way soon. Which sucks, I reached out last week asking if the 60 day thing was a hard requirement/if they send out pre II R’s. They said that you will still be under consideration until you hear the R. They said my application is “under review” :/

This school is my top choice. I want to be back with my partner and my family in CO :(

I wouldn't look too much into it yet. At this point, no news is still good news. Realistically, we don't really know what's going on behind the scenes, the order they're reviewing applications in, or what "under review" or anything else at this point means. A lot of the folks hearing back right now had applications complete in early August and at least for myself I know I completed early September. So I'm assuming that if you submitted around the same time as me, they may be getting to our applications just now or even in a few weeks. Just gotta keep your head up and be patient! I understand the stress though. RVU is definitely high on my list and I would be bummed if I didn't get an II.

I wouldn't look too much into it yet. At this point, no news is still good news. Realistically, we don't really know what's going on behind the scenes, the order they're reviewing applications in, or what "under review" or anything else at this point means. A lot of the folks hearing back right now had applications complete in early August and at least for myself I know I completed early September. So I'm assuming that if you submitted around the same time as me, they may be getting to our applications just now or even in a few weeks. Just gotta keep your head up and be patient! I understand the stress though. RVU is definitely high on my list and I would be bummed if I didn't get an II.
Yeahhhh… I completed August 3rd so lol. That’s why I’m kinda setting my expectations low, so I’ll be less disappointed

• Care
I would keep your hopes up high. I submitted back in early July and got a II in October. That gives you a reference for the timeline

• Love
Yup from what I heard when I called. I wonder what they will say with others. I interviewed on 5th

Safe to assume silent R? IS submitted 7/20 no update.

I think someone here called them and they said that if you haven't heard back you're still in the running. So it sounds like they don't do silent R's really.

Anyone else receiving reminders to do things? (Ex. Complete secondary), but not the actual email to do so?

Yeah it is definetely a bummer, but they said to call back on Monday to me, so I will do that I guess

Just got an interview for November

for those who have already interviewed, do you have any advice? Is it a blind interview? Is it laid back and straight forward or more of a curve ball interview with intense questions? thanks in advance!