You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 Southern Illinois
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
WhoDoes#2Work4
New Member
Has anyone heard about a second look day?
Has anyone heard about a second look day?
The LSP tour?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The LSP tour?
Idk what the second look is, but I got that email about the LSP tours. That’s the one I was talking about earlier
I got the same email but I have an exam that day so I can’t go. I’m not sure though if that affects anything- ugh I really am just holding onto hope rn
That’s tough. Honestly, I don’t think going to the tour will make much of a difference. Idek if letters of intent make much of a difference at this point either. I sent one already but idk if it makes sense to send another one or if it will change ranking. I’m already prepping for a second cycle I think. At this point I’m okay with that because it’ll at least be one more year to get my circadian rhythm back in check lol
JC24
Full Member
yes exactly and to save money to be able to apply again if need beThat’s tough. Honestly, I don’t think going to the tour will make much of a difference. Idek if letters of intent make much of a difference at this point either. I sent one already but idk if it makes sense to send another one or if it will change ranking. I’m already prepping for a second cycle I think. At this point I’m okay with that because it’ll at least be one more year to get my circadian rhythm back in check lol
rainbow1234$$
Full Member
Hopefully movement starts in the next week or two 🤞🤞 getting super anxious
Hopefully movement starts in the next week or two [emoji1696][emoji1696] getting super anxious
Here’s hoping! Judging by previous SIU forums, it seems everything really is dead silent until around late April or early May.
I just dislike this whole AWPA thing tbh, at first it’s like okay nice, but now it’s just a wait list. I just wish we’d know what our ranking is so we can either hold out hope or take whatever hope is left and turn it into energy for the next cycle lol. Give me peace[emoji23]
nosleeep247
Full Member
Just withdrew my A here. Hope one of yall's day gets made!
JC24
Full Member
Good luck wherever you go!!Just withdrew my A here. Hope one of yall's day gets made!
rainbow1234$$
Full Member
Anyone else heard any news yet?
Got the A from AWPA today, will be declining though. I remember how excited I was to interview at the beginning of the cycle, before I ever imagined how things would turn out for me this year. It's an amazing little school and the staff and students seem awesome, supportive, collaborative, and incredibly mission-focused - whoever gets my spot, make the most of it!
User233211
Full Member
Quick rant — AWPA sucks… what’s the downside of telling students their placement?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
futuredrbarbie
New Member
Got the A today!! Still can't believe this is real. Good luck! Movement is happening🙂
Got the A yesterday morning! Movement may not be over, don't be discouraged!