You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 Illinois
Started by chilly_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Username88
Full Member
Got an A from another school last week, but really hoping to get an A from here. It's also very close to some extended family that I'm close to. Fingers crossed for everyone in similar situations!
Chocolate1857
Full Member
For anyone who is curious - based on last year’s thread, they don’t seem to send out any acceptances between official WL(4/15) and the end of April. All of the acceptances off WL seem to come through weekly starting 5/1, so I don’t think we’ll be hearing anything this Friday.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1172795
I feel like with the post-ll rejections, they could move people off the WL before the end of April, but that's me being optimistic.For anyone who is curious - based on last year’s thread, they don’t seem to send out any acceptances between official WL(4/15) and the end of April. All of the acceptances off WL seem to come through weekly starting 5/1, so I don’t think we’ll be hearing anything this Friday.
Chocolate1857
Full Member
Yeah I wouldn’t hate if that were the case. Was also looking for last year(or maybe year before), it seemed like they did silently reject people from DD and never email them saying they were officially moved to the waitlist, never an outright post-II R. So not sure if we can directly compare cycles.I feel like with the post-ll rejections, they could move people off the WL before the end of April, but that's me being optimistic.
Curious how the financial aid debacle is going to impact people passing on UICOM given how expensive OOS tuition is.
Guessing more OOS applicants will get off the WL bc the school needs more funding from their tuition rather than the cheaper IS tuitionYeah I wouldn’t hate if that were the case. Was also looking for last year(or maybe year before), it seemed like they did silently reject people from DD and never email them saying they were officially moved to the waitlist, never an outright post-II R. So not sure if we can directly compare cycles.
Curious how the financial aid debacle is going to impact people passing on UICOM given how expensive OOS tuition is.
Last edited:
Chocolate1857
Full Member
Yes, but doubt OOS applicants are as likely to commit here given 100k+/year OOS cost without much clarity on financial aidGuessing more OOS applicants will get off the WL bc they need the school needs more funding from their tuition rather than the cheaper IS tuition
indecisivepremed_
New Member
Hello! I know it's late to talk about this but since I was fortunate to be accepted by two Illinois schools, UICOM and Loyola, I want to learn some perspectives from everyone! I wish to specialize in Derm, Cardiology, or Radiology in the future. Which school will be a better fit? I enjoyed my interview days at each school and everyone seems to be very cool during my second look visits. The caveat is I was assigned to the Peoria campus for UICOM whereas Loyola would be in Maywood/Chicago. I am an Illinois resident. What are pros/cons about these two schools? Any perspective is appreciated! Thank you!
dotsquared
Full Member
You should post on the Help Me Decide thread. You may get a bit more insight ☺️Hello! I know it's late to talk about this but since I was fortunate to be accepted by two Illinois schools, UICOM and Loyola, I want to learn some perspectives from everyone! I wish to specialize in Derm, Cardiology, or Radiology in the future. Which school will be a better fit? I enjoyed my interview days at each school and everyone seems to be very cool during my second look visits. The caveat is I was assigned to the Peoria campus for UICOM whereas Loyola would be in Maywood/Chicago. I am an Illinois resident. What are pros/cons about these two schools? Any perspective is appreciated! Thank you!
D
deleted1172795
anyone hear anything today?
Do people on the waitlist need to do anything regarding the pte / cte deadlines? Saw in past years you should mark pte to show your interest but I’m not sure if rules have changed
Chocolate1857
Full Member
What campus were you selected at if you don’t mind sharing?Withdrew A
howsithangin
Full Member
Withdrew my A from here, hope it goes to one of you! Best of luck everyone!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
After seeing an email from aamc, i don’t think the cyms tool would be available to me yet? Since I do not have an MD acceptance yet. I just heard in the past you had to mark it for waitlist but maybe that was only for people with an A + WLDo you see an update on the CYMS tool reflecting your waitlist status here? I do not
Last edited:
D
deleted1172795
UIC's PTE deadline is tomorrow, so hoping movement will start in a few days🙏
skhudeira99
Full Member
So are we gonna start hearing back starting today or is it like a certain day of the week
Chocolate1857
Full Member
My guess is that the last week or two they have been flooded with emails from accepted/waitlisted applicants who want more info on XYZ while they are simultaneously trying to finish building out the incoming class.anyone know why this office doesnt respond to emails
anyone know why this office doesnt respond to emails
Last year nothing was sent out until May 10thSo are we gonna start hearing back starting today or is it like a certain day of the week
dotsquared
Full Member
I called them to ask this and they said they literally didn’t receive my email lol. I’d call to confirm, they seem very busyanyone know why this office doesnt respond to emails
Last year people started getting off the WL on May 4 according to sdnLast year nothing was sent out until May 10th
Should have clarified the bulk came after the 10th. Wouldn’t be surprised if this year is the 20th bc of fasfaLast year people started getting off the WL on May 4 according to sdn
D
deleted1172795
Why after the 20th if they kept their PTE deadline the same?Should have clarified the bulk came after the 10th. Wouldn’t be surprised if this year is the 20th bc of fasfa
Why after the 20th if they kept their PTE deadline the same?
don’t listen to me I’m wrong usually
Chocolate1857
Full Member
Can’t believe I’m back to refreshing my email every 15 minutes.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
No they are not “supposed to” have… based on this cycle they do things whenever they feel like itWhy are they supposed to send out some today?
D
deleted1172795
really hope some WL movement starts this week
Chocolate1857
Full Member
and now we let the q5m email refreshing begin
Chocolate1857
Full Member
and now we let the q5m email refreshing begin
jessicat10119
Full Member
Just withdrew my A. I was placed at the Peoria campus. Good luck everyone!
kleinesproblem
Full Member
Just got accepted to the Chicago campus via phone call
kleinesproblem
Full Member
No idea tbh, but it was a nice touchWow, huge congrats!! Is that normal that they do phone calls?
mintchocchip
Full Member
which campus did they assign you to if you don't mind me asking?I just got the call too! wahooow
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Chocolate1857
Full Member
Just got the call! Peoria campus!
medtobe23
Full Member
This is my first AHow many of ya'll had already PTE somewhere else?
I had an acceptance and was called today.I wonder if offers today are to people without acceptances 🤔