You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 Illinois
Started by chilly_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
D
deleted1181303
OOS Post II-R after deferred 10/23. Prob cuz I had strep throat during my interview and she was hella weird lol
OOS post II R wtf!!! So much for 80% post interview. Im bummed 🙁
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
mcattooeasy
Full Member
I thought we would at least be put on the WL?
Me too. I’m so upset :/I thought we would at least be put on the WL?
D
deleted1181303
I was pretty surprised nglMe too. I’m so upset :/
mcattooeasy
Full Member
I mean on their website it says: On May 1st, all applicants with a Delayed Decision status will be placed on our formal waitlist.
It doesn't say anything about R's.
It doesn't say anything about R's.
INeed_aVaca
Full Member
Can family attend second look day for Chicago? Sorry if this has been asked before!
Yeah that’s crazy! Now I’m scaredI mean on their website it says: On May 1st, all applicants with a Delayed Decision status will be placed on our formal waitlist.
It doesn't say anything about R's.
I guess they really didn’t like me lolI mean on their website it says: On May 1st, all applicants with a Delayed Decision status will be placed on our formal waitlist.
It doesn't say anything about R's.
SquirrellyScholar
Full Member
IS R for 10/24 interview day. Well. That's crushing
I wonder when they’re gonna reject us who are pre-ii if they’re this cutthroat to the interviewed applicants
Fr lol, I’ve been disrespected this cycle[emoji23]
Similar situation as you rn ( haven’t sent any updates and probably won’t)II September, DD October. No update in my portal. Idk if that’s good or they are sending R in waves… shocked people are hearing today 😳
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Chocolate1857
Full Member
Wait people on DD got rejected last week!? I thought we were safe to at least make it to the WL in May?
mcattooeasy
Full Member
We all thoughtWait people on DD got rejected last week!? I thought we were safe to at least make it to the WL in May?
mintchocchip
Full Member
Also got offered a spot on the waitlist - have been on DD since October and was hoping for a decision this week but guess we have some more waiting in store!
D
deleted1172795
+1Just got offered a spot on the waitlist.
+1Just got offered a spot on the waitlist.
skhudeira99
Full Member
Also offered spot on waitlist. DD since January. Does this mean no possibility for a decision on Friday?
I'm not positive but I think it's pretty significant! Just based on the fact that there seems to be a pretty high post-II acceptance rate and that includes waitlist acceptances.Anybody know waitlist movement here?
hopefuldoc02
Full Member
+1Just got offered a spot on the waitlist.
EC24hopeful
Full Member
OOS WL after DD. Interviewed 1/10
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
IUSAMD
Full Member
+1Also got offered a spot on the waitlist - have been on DD since October and was hoping for a decision this week but guess we have some more waiting in store!
one_masterpiece
Full Member
Pre-II R, OOS, complete August
OOS pre-ii R
Waitlist 🙁
Student2000!
Full Member
finally OOS pre-ii R, last school
How do you know the acceptance rate includes waitlist? Did they mention this during interview day?I'm not positive but I think it's pretty significant! Just based on the fact that there seems to be a pretty high post-II acceptance rate and that includes waitlist acceptances.
Username88
Full Member
Waitlisted as of today. Interviewed 10/16, DD late November
Probably depends if people withdraw their As between now and then? Otherwise I feel like they would’ve just waited to send WL decisions? idk everything is thrown out the window this cycle, hoping the WL is smaller since a few people have already gotten post-II RsAlso offered spot on waitlist. DD since January. Does this mean no possibility for a decision on Friday?
Username88
Full Member
This got asked when I interviewed. Yes, it includes waitlistHow do you know the acceptance rate includes waitlist? Did they mention this during interview day?
Chocolate1857
Full Member
I don’t think we have to based on the phrasing of the email - will check the portal when I get home to see if there’s anything there.Do we have to accept the WL spot or are we accepting it unless telling them otherwise?
Had a panic attack getting that email after all the DD rejections last week combined with upcoming decisions this week. Anxiety parkour.
IUSAMD
Full Member
Yeah, I guess doesn't look like it requires any action to accept. Weird the way they worded it kind of made it sound like an "offer" that needs to be accepted. *shrug*I don’t think we have to based on the phrasing of the email - will check the portal when I get home to see if there’s anything there.
Had a panic attack getting that email after all the DD rejections last week combined with upcoming decisions this week. Anxiety parkour.
pre-II OOS R today!
Just withdrew my A! Good luck to everyone on the waitlist
I saw u a lot hehe where did u decide to commit
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Haha just trying to open up some spots for waitlisted folks. I'm currently waiting for/negotiating aid so I've narrowed it down to 5 (Hopkins, Pritzker, Northwestern, Colorado, and Michigan) but haven't committed yet.I saw u a lot hehe where did u decide to commit
+1 🙁pre-II OOS R today!
D
deleted1172795
My guess is that they started to see more people pulling their As before yesterday's deadline and decided to send WL decisions. However, I wonder if they will still meet this Thursday, as the website says they will meet until the end of April. Hopefully movement starts sooner then.Probably depends if people withdraw their As between now and then? Otherwise I feel like they would’ve just waited to send WL decisions? idk everything is thrown out the window this cycle, hoping the WL is smaller since a few people have already gotten post-II Rs
Chocolate1857
Full Member
This makes sense except when you take into account they started rejecting people last week from DD. If there’s more withdrawn As than what they were expecting, why would they reduce the number of WL spots? You think they’d keep a full WL if, lets say, 40% of the seats aren’t filled yet. But if it’s closer to say 20% of seats unfilled, then trimming the WL makes more sense, no?My guess is that they started to see more people pulling their As before yesterday's deadline and decided to send WL decisions. However, I wonder if they will still meet this Thursday, as the website says they will meet until the end of April. Hopefully movement starts sooner then.
I feel like a round of decisions on Friday/early next week is still in play, but who knows at this point given how this cycle has differed from previous years.