You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 Illinois
Started by chilly_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Any current students know roughly how many students get off the WL?
I can't tell you an exact number as we haven't taken any polls or stuff like that, but one of my classmates got in off the WL in late June, and I believe another student got in a little later in July. I don't want to give false hope, but all hope is not lost if you're on the WL.
Like the normal wisdom states, prepare for next cycle as though you don't have an A until you have an A. Best of luck!
Illinois or bust
Full Member
Looking for roomates for the Chicago campus. How do most accepted students figure out their housing situations? I know they made a slack groupchat but will there be a groupme or something else that's more commonly used to communicate?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
medtobe23
Full Member
^ piggy backing: can you DM me the slack? & can someone send me the GroupMe or Facebook group if there is one?
Looking for roomates for the Chicago campus. How do most accepted students figure out their housing situations? I know they made a slack groupchat but will there be a groupme or something else that's more commonly used to communicate?
got off the waitlist for my top choice after accepting the A here. Now this might be a silly question, but how do I withdraw my application? I am going to send an email to medadmit and Dr. Thompson but there's no button on the portal, anything else I need to do?
Last edited:
Which campus? If there’s a withdraw button on your portal I’d do that as wellgot off the waitlist for my top choice after accepting the A here. Now this might be a silly question, but how do I withdraw my application? I am going to send an email to medadmit and Dr. Thompson but there's no button on the portal, anything else I need to do?
Chicago! I just checked the portal again, don't see anything on there. Going to call just to make sure!Which campus? If there’s a withdraw button on your portal I’d do that as well
jessicat10119
Full Member
got off the waitlist for my top choice after accepting the A here. Now this might be a silly question, but how do I withdraw my application? I am going to send an email to medadmit and Dr. Thompson but there's no button on the portal, anything else I need to do?
I emailed admissions. They confirmed and it showed up on AMCAS as “Withdrawn after acceptance”
kleinesproblem
Full Member
Could you send me the slack as well pleaseLooking for roomates for the Chicago campus. How do most accepted students figure out their housing situations? I know they made a slack groupchat but will there be a groupme or something else that's more commonly used to communicate?
Did they provide you a financial aid package?Withdrew my acceptance to Chicago campus, too $$$ out of state sadly.
I had to push for one, but it was just your typical loans equating to the cost of attendance.Did they provide you a financial aid package?
Are you URM or anything like that?I had to push for one, but it was just your typical loans equating to the cost of attendance.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was accepted pre 4/30 so my timeline was a lil different. However, I had the same issue as medapp22, OOS (and myself ORM) tuition was too high and was only offered loans. I did reach out via email and the portal to see if there was any scholarships or anything they could offer but they didn’t respond.Are you URM or anything like that?
In the end I emailed again re w/d and I committed to enroll at a state school (tuition was 30k less a year).
UIC seems like a great place, hope those who are in enjoy and the rest of you are blessed by the WL gods!
Dang they really want OSS tuition lolI was accepted pre 4/30 so my timeline was a lil different. However, I had the same issue as medapp22, OOS (and myself ORM) tuition was too high and was only offered loans. I did reach out via email and the portal to see if there was any scholarships or anything they could offer but they didn’t respond.
In the end I emailed again re w/d and I committed to enroll at a state school (tuition was 30k less a year).
UIC seems like a great place, hope those who are in enjoy and the rest of you are blessed by the WL gods!
Are we expecting WL movement this week?
I was hopefully something would happen today because people have already started rescinding their A’s but I guess not.. some schools closed last week so we might not hear anything back for a while granted in 2022 waitlist movement seemed random past May 10thAre we expecting WL movement this week?
Jess Wang
New Member
hey have you got the groupme invite yet?Is there An accepted students group me?
D
deleted1172795
has there been any movement this week?
I haven't seen any on SDNhas there been any movement this week?
hopefuldoc02
Full Member
Congrats! Did you get a phone call or email?Just got an A for the chicago campus!!!
Both! I got a phone call and then immediately after they sent an email.Congrats! Did you get a phone call or email?
Congrats! When did you interview? Are you IS or OOS?Just got an A for the chicago campus!!!
premedguy12345
New Member
Got the call this morning too! Good luck to everyone!
I interviewed 1/10 and am IS!Congrats! When did you interview? Are you IS or OOS?
skhudeira99
Full Member
Also got the call yesterday for Chicago campus. IS interviewed 1/10. First MD acceptance so maybe the theory that only those w other md acceptances get placed in Chicago is not always true
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think the higher stat ones get placed in Chicago but there will always be exceptions.Also got the call yesterday for Chicago campus. IS interviewed 1/10. First MD acceptance so maybe the theory that only those w other md acceptances get placed in Chicago is not always true
I dont think either are true lol, I had high stats and another MD A and didnt get ChicagoI think the higher stat ones get placed in Chicago but there will always be exceptions.
dotsquared
Full Member
Same lmao. 4 acceptances and a significantly higher MCAT score than average and I didn’t get Chicago either. I think it favors OOS, but probably barely and it’s kinda all a mystery.I dont think either are true lol, I had high stats and another MD A and didnt get Chicago
Any admitted Chicago students looking for housing, I can send you a spreadsheet of available spaces or you can add yourself as someone seeking a roommate. DM me for link.
starryeyed00
New Member
Got the A earlier this month, is there a GroupMe?
IUSAMD
Full Member
Yeah do we have campus specific or whole school communications established on something like groupme or facebook?Got the A earlier this month, is there a GroupMe?
Have they been bad at answering emails lately? I’ve gotten no response from several days ago… maybe they’re busy with graduation things?
medtobe23
Full Member
May be a silly question, but under the application portal “pre-matriculation” tab, I am marked incomplete for “transcript”, “prerequisite complete”, and “degree posted”. I was a 2022 grad and recently requested my transcript be sent to the admissions office. Will those action items be marked complete after they receive my transcript? Or are those items satisfied separately?
May be a silly question, but under the application portal “pre-matriculation” tab, I am marked incomplete for “transcript”, “prerequisite complete”, and “degree posted”. I was a 2022 grad and recently requested my transcript be sent to the admissions office. Will those action items be marked complete after they receive my transcript? Or are those items satisfied separately?
If your one transcript meets all those requirements, then all those requirements will be marked as complete once they review your transcript. If you have different transcripts that prove you met those requirements, then be sure to send all applicable transcripts. Congratulations!
D
deleted1172795
IS A Chicago! Interviewed 01/04
Melonbello
New Member
OOS A Chicago today around 1:30 pm Eastern! Interviewed 02/20/24
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
mintchocchip
Full Member
IS A Chicago! Interviewed 9/13 - SO EXCITED!
Is there a GroupMe/facebook/other for the Peoria campus?
heatwaves105
Full Member
OOS A, got off the waitlist last Thursday! Does anyone know the accepted students group me link?
outcastdoodle
Full Member
OOS A off the WL for Chicago campus. Will likely be rejecting it as over 80k for tuition alone is a bit steep [emoji3061]