2024-2025 Illinois

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
how long does it take before getting a campus assignment?
I've heard about 2-3 weeks, but it might be faster for us since we are now at the end of interview season. Does anyone know if we get an email about our campus assignment or do we just have to periodically check the tab on the portal?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do any current students have a school-specific Anki deck that is popular and they'd like to share? or do most students make their own anki decks based on in class materials/ Just use Anking?
There is a school-specific anki deck, and there should be a session during orientation week where the M2s share it with you and help you set up anki addons and such. They've done that (at least on the Rockford campus) for quite a few years now.

EDIT: I would offer to share but mine is almost certainly out of date as I believe the class below me had some updates if I heard correctly.
 
Is attendance at UI COM (all 3 campuses )is mandatory? if optional , how often classes meet in a week?
Lectures are optional; clinical skills, cadaver lab, standardized patient encounters, team-based learning, and core cases are all mandatory, obviously but not everyone happens every week, so, for example, this week we have 3 mandatory sessions across two days. Lectures happen Monday-Friday but usually, more of them are towards the beginning of the week, core cases and TBLs tend to be on Thursday or Friday. The schedule is very different every week and what day you have to actually have to go to school change.
 
Do any current students have a school-specific Anki deck that is popular and they'd like to share? or do most students make their own anki decks based on in class materials/ Just use Anking?
There is a UICOM deck as well as a lot of other school-specific study material, like the Parnell guide, it will all be shared with you during orientation. There is a google drive with everything and students add to it every block and campuses share material with each other, we do not have a shortage of material.
 
Has anyone received an award letter yet for financial aid? I got an email to my UIC email saying my fafsa is in process, but “INCOMING UIC students: Notifications will be sent by mid-March.” Idk if the “notification” is this email or an award letter.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I’m a bit confused since it seems different things were said in one of the last interviews vs over the phone with admissions - Should we expect decisions by like the end of the month or after next month’s meeting?
 
Has anyone received an award letter yet for financial aid? I got an email to my UIC email saying my fafsa is in process, but “INCOMING UIC students: Notifications will be sent by mid-March.” Idk if the “notification” is this email or an award letter.
I haven't yet either... the portal says 5-7 business days after FAFSA receipt but its been 9 days for me. Not sure what their schedule is!
 
if I interviewed in late february and haven't heard anything (dd or a), should I assume that I won't hear anything until next month? I'm confused why they only gave decisions to some people last week
 
if I interviewed in late february and haven't heard anything (dd or a), should I assume that I won't hear anything until next month? I'm confused why they only gave decisions to some people last week
When was your interview? To my understanding the admissions committee meets every third week so if you interviewed after that, I reckon you’ll be in the next batch
 
Should all delayed decisions be coming out by this Friday? On MSAR and UICCOM's application timeline, they list 3/28 as the last day for admissions decisions to be sent out; I'm guessing this goes for all decisions except for WL ones.
 
Should all delayed decisions be coming out by this Friday? On MSAR and UICCOM's application timeline, they list 3/28 as the last day for admissions decisions to be sent out; I'm guessing this goes for all decisions except for WL ones.
idek what’s going on anymore but willing to bet it’ll be 3rd week of April atp for all DD
 
maybe since the last batch interviewed and they are trying to close up the class, I have a feeling we will start to hear randomly thorughout the next 3 weeks, not necessary only after the 3 week committee meeting mark? Hopeful wishing on my part
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone know if DD means they already reviewed my app and they are not sure what to do or that they have not reviewed my app yet?
 
I thought it means they already reviewed it but haven't made a decision yet
I was under the impression it could mean they’ve reviewed it and haven’t made a decision, but it could also mean your interviewer hasn’t been able to talk about you at the ADCOM meeting. Either or
 
No response means the committee has not reviewed applicant. DD means you have been reviewed and not offered acceptance at this time. DD is used to keep the class from filling up too early due to rolling admissions. Essentially DD is “we like you, but might find someone we like better”. DD is not waitlist. WL will be created at the end of the cycle (end of April) if you are DD and not offered acceptance.
 
No response means the committee has not reviewed applicant. DD means you have been reviewed and not offered acceptance at this time. DD is used to keep the class from filling up too early due to rolling admissions. Essentially DD is “we like you, but might find someone we like better”. DD is not waitlist. WL will be created at the end of the cycle (end of April) if you are DD and not offered acceptance.
so you’re saying they like me😏
 
Called yesterday, and for those of us still on DD, they already released decisions last Friday and Monday for this month's DD re-review. It seems we'll have to wait until next month's DD re-review to (hopefully) finally know our final fate (e.g. A, WL, R)
do we know when this will be? past threads look like it was before the third week of april. Yes, I know I sound crazy lol
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do you guys think people who got accepted last Thursday could hear back about campus assignments tomorrow? Or is it different from decisions and could be literally any day at any time?