2024-2025 Carle-Illinois

Started by chilly_md
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What did the mid-cycle update say? I’m not sure I got it but it could’ve been lost in the sea of email ads from Caribbean schools [emoji23]
 
Last edited by a moderator:
What did the mid-cycle update say? I’m not sure I got it but it could’ve been lost in the sea of email ads from Caribbean schools [emoji23]
I asked chatgpt to summarize it. This was sent ~mid October


  • Update on Application Review Process:
    • All applicants who submitted a secondary application are being reviewed by two application screeners.
    • Scores will be averaged, and top applicants will move to a finalist faculty review.
    • No decisions have been made yet; first offers likely after the new year.
    • If no updates are received, it means the review or decision process is still ongoing.
  • No Showcase Events This Cycle:
    • The previous "Showcase" event is discontinued for this cycle.
    • Spring Visits will be offered later for admitted applicants.
 
I asked chatgpt to summarize it. This was sent ~mid October


  • Update on Application Review Process:
    • All applicants who submitted a secondary application are being reviewed by two application screeners.
    • Scores will be averaged, and top applicants will move to a finalist faculty review.
    • No decisions have been made yet; first offers likely after the new year.
    • If no updates are received, it means the review or decision process is still ongoing.
  • No Showcase Events This Cycle:
    • The previous "Showcase" event is discontinued for this cycle.
    • Spring Visits will be offered later for admitted applicants.
What else would a prospective Carle student do besides ask chatgpt
 
Btw, do y'all know why Carle isn't doing a showcase anymore? I'm just genuinely curious
I don't know for sure (nor any of my classmates know) why they got rid of the showcase. It is likely that they only want to advertise Carle to accepted applicants (who have the choice of attending Carle) instead of finalist applicants who may or may not get accepted.
 
I don't know for sure (nor any of my classmates know) why they got rid of the showcase. It is likely that they only want to advertise Carle to accepted applicants (who have the choice of attending Carle) instead of finalist applicants who may or may not get accepted.
Exclusive
 
Failure to treat community members with respect will result in infractions and/or removal from the community.
I don't know for sure (nor any of my classmates know) why they got rid of the showcase. It is likely that they only want to advertise Carle to accepted applicants (who have the choice of attending Carle) instead of finalist applicants who may or may not get accepted.
Get a life bum
 
Y'all smell that? Someone's cooking and it ain't me. You already know someone's hammering out update letters first NIGHT of winter break.....dawgs be barking man

Cracking Up Lol GIF by Rodney Dangerfield
'


But aye, sometimes I just say stuff you feel me?
 
Y'all smell that? Someone's cooking and it ain't me. You already know someone's hammering out update letters first NIGHT of winter break.....dawgs be barking man

Cracking Up Lol GIF by Rodney Dangerfield
'


But aye, sometimes I just say stuff you feel me?
Wait I thought Carle doesn’t take update letters
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hopefully we all still have a chance. Based on the fact that last year 10 people reported A's on the first date on sdn and this year only 3 people did, it seems likely
someone I know emailed admissions and they replied "We anticipate releasing more offers in the next few weeks, but this is at the discretion of the admissions committee." so it definitely sounds like they have more As to hand out!
 
Hi. As a bio major, did you take all of Carle’s required higher math courses? I’m missing one so I’m taking it just in case I’m lucky to get accepted at Carle. But I haven’t heard from them! Wondering if I should follow up..?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Based on my following of sdn threads from previous years, they seem to post some results the Wednesday of MLK week, and the first two batches of results tend to be approximately ~9 days aparts

Therefore this coming Wednesday seems to be a likely day results will be posted
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi. As a bio major, did you take all of Carle’s required higher math courses? I’m missing one so I’m taking it just in case I’m lucky to get accepted at Carle. But I haven’t heard from them! Wondering if I should follow up..?
If they sent you a secondary, then you met their competence requirement! Hopefully you hear something back soon!
 
movies that make me cry replenish my emotional supply, i thrive on cathartic experiences of all kinds
i like the movie 'i want to eat your pancreas' more but it probably wouldn't fit well as a username LOL. what movies do you like?