2024-2025 Albany

Started by chilly_md
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So thankful to have received an interview today. However, there were no available interview dates on the calendar. Has anyone experienced this before? Please let me know. I am so anxious
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+1 OOS Alternate List today, also interviewed 10/14

They said that most of their matriculants come from the AL, does anyone know more details about this process, timing, or if that's true? Safe to treat this as a soft A rather than a a soft R?
 
+1 OOS Alternate List today, also interviewed 10/14

They said that most of their matriculants come from the AL, does anyone know more details about this process, timing, or if that's true? Safe to treat this as a soft A rather than a a soft R?
According to MSAR's waitlist info for 2024, it looks like around 200 people get AL'd and just under 100 get accepted? so I'm proceeding forward like it's around 50/50, which seems not bad! And I also think only a small %age are accepted outright, so I'm receiving this as neutral/good news. I remember during our interview day they said that things start moving in the winter & continue into spring/early summer along the internal ranklist
 
Hey, did anyone that interviewed here send a thank you letter?
yes, a brief one! we were told day-of to send any thank yous to the general admissions email; I don't think it's like an implicit requirement or anything. there's also a survey post-interview where you can provide feedback/thank yous if applicable
 
yes, a brief one! we were told day-of to send any thank yous to the general admissions email; I don't think it's like an implicit requirement or anything. there's also a survey post-interview where you can provide feedback/thank yous if applicable
Hello! I interviewed yesterday but I do not see any post-interview survey on my application. Where did you find your survey?
 
does this school accept pre II updates? seems like they have a drop-down list to pick from from the documents u can upload
 
does this school accept pre II updates? seems like they have a drop-down list to pick from from the documents u can upload
They do not 🙁 it says on their website. Additionally, the admissions person said they don’t accept updates post interview either. I just had my interview on Wednesday. The only updates they accept are grades I think
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+1 OOS AL interviewed 11/4, very quick turnaround! If I remember correctly from the interview like 80% of their class is accepted off the alternate list