2025-2026 Albany

Started by chilly_md
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
They told me to wait 4-6 weeks for a decision, but they put me on AL exactly 2 weeks after my interview date. I'm really not sure what to make of that, tbh lmao. There's probably not much to make of it, honestly. I'm unsure how long it'll take for WL -> A, though. The sample size on CycleTrack is so small, but it appears to be a couple months on average throughout the cycle.
big AL moves concentrate around last week of april and 1st week of may, there is some movement historically in late march
 
For people who are on AL, if you select one school for plan to enroll on AMCAS, will you be automatically withdrawn from AMC?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi. How are my fellow waitlist warriors feeling?

IMG_1168.jpeg
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi ! I am having interview next week. Could you some one shed some lights on what to expect and how to prepare for the interview?
 
Hi ! I am having interview next week. Could you some one shed some lights on what to expect and how to prepare for the interview?
Just make sure you do the typical MMI prep! They're very friendly, and I don't believe the interview was that difficult, save maybe one prompt. I vibed really well with one lady; we were laughing a lot lol. In general, I think it's a good idea to have answers for your "why medicine," biggest strengths/weaknesses, proudest accomplishment, etc., as MMI prompts sometimes just ask those, too. I don't remember if they asked any of those, but it's nice to be prepared 🙂.
 
Just make sure you do the typical MMI prep! They're very friendly, and I don't believe the interview was that difficult, save maybe one prompt. I vibed really well with one lady; we were laughing a lot lol. In general, I think it's a good idea to have answers for your "why medicine," biggest strengths/weaknesses, proudest accomplishment, etc., as MMI prompts sometimes just ask those, too. I don't remember if they asked any of those, but it's nice to be prepared 🙂.
Thank you
 
Just make sure you do the typical MMI prep! They're very friendly, and I don't believe the interview was that difficult, save maybe one prompt. I vibed really well with one lady; we were laughing a lot lol. In general, I think it's a good idea to have answers for your "why medicine," biggest strengths/weaknesses, proudest accomplishment, etc., as MMI prompts sometimes just ask those, too. I don't remember if they asked any of those, but it's nice to be prepared 🙂.
Was there any Healthcare policy related questions?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Not really sure if start day matters. I got into another school that’s starting in June, still the school is saying the students won’t qualify for grad plus because of BBB. I think Albany starts around late July or August
Rlly? This is from another school I was accepted at: “New students whose programs begin before July 1, 2026, are eligible to receive Federal Direct PLUS Loans, provided the loans are originated and disbursed prior to July 1, 2026. However, these students will only remain eligible for PLUS loans for a maximum of three (3) academic years. As a result, the final year of their professional program will need to be financed through private educational loans or other alternative funding sources.”
 
Rlly? This is from another school I was accepted at: “New students whose programs begin before July 1, 2026, are eligible to receive Federal Direct PLUS Loans, provided the loans are originated and disbursed prior to July 1, 2026. However, these students will only remain eligible for PLUS loans for a maximum of three (3) academic years. As a result, the final year of their professional program will need to be financed through private educational loans or other alternative funding sources.”
That sounds like a good news but surprising, as my impression was the same as what @mmssjj said. Schools I heard about starting early this year are primarily helping those rising 2nd years to "grandfather" the old Grad Plus rule eligible for another 3 years (that is what the BBB's "a maximum of three academic years" was talking about, to help current students finish their program).
 
Do we have any idea when more people start getting pulled from the AL? This waiting is killing me 😢
They’re definitely way slower this year compared to previous ALs, at least based on SDN, my guess is something to do with BBB but I wouldn’t know. Our best bet is to just have our hopes for waitlist season (April 30 - Mid May)
 
anyone know if theyre done sending out II?
Their app portal says "Albany Medical College interviews begin in September and end in late March." and im seeing some rejections on admit. I think they are done, as are 95% of MD schools 🙁
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad