You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2025-2026 Albany
Started by chilly_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
for those who got an A after being put on AL, how long after being put on AL did you get the A?
sleeplessmedic
New Member
+1 IS AL, Interviewed 1/9
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
rapidturtoise87
Full Member
OOS II So excited!!
I'm not sure if anyone has gotten off AL yet, it looks movement first started happening early February last yearfor those who got an A after being put on AL, how long after being put on AL did you get the A?
canvmariz242
New Member
Is there a groupme for accepted ppl? asking for my boyfriend, thanks!
createdlieve68
Full Member
Also have this question. Anyone have the stats? I'm aware about 100 are taken off the AL, so is it about a 50% post-II acceptance, given that they give an equal amount of acceptances and rejections directly post-II?Does anyone know the post II acceptance rate? Ik about 85% of the class comes from AL, but google is giving me a bunch of diff answers
I’ve seen the data from the AAMC also posted here that says Albany puts ~200 on the alternate list after an interview with ~100 getting accepted from this list. If they are interviewing ~700 per year it seems like getting out on the alternate list is essentially a coin flip as to whether or not you get an acceptance. Would I be correct in this assumption? From looking at past years I don’t see to many applicants not getting put on the alternate list so I don’t know how much to trust the ~200 number.
Curious about this too!I’ve seen the data from the AAMC also posted here that says Albany puts ~200 on the alternate list after an interview with ~100 getting accepted from this list. If they are interviewing ~700 per year it seems like getting out on the alternate list is essentially a coin flip as to whether or not you get an acceptance. Would I be correct in this assumption? From looking at past years I don’t see to many applicants not getting put on the alternate list so I don’t know how much to trust the ~200 number.
+1I submitted in July and I have heard nothing. Is anyone else in a similar situation? Does this mean I am rejected or is this more of a no news is just no news type of situation?
Same here
Yes, you are most likely rejected. The R wave comes in March per Admit. Also, the school seems to be waitlisting everyone who did not get an acceptance. The ~100 admit on the 200 waitlist is outdated and the info on MSAR have not been updated. Past threads discussed two separate lists, but now it is just combined into one AL.
7/5 haha and LM 70. definitely was not expecting it, especially this late in the cycleCongratulations on ur II. When did you apply and LM?
I suspect the MSAR data is probably wrong. This was from a few years ago. It’s probably somewhat outdated, but when I applied I found it to be a more accurate representation for my cycle, from my experience and talking with my classmates (most of us came from the AL). The class size is ~145, ~45 of whom come directly from the BS/MD programs. Obviously some people from the AL are going to get offered a seat and go somewhere else.
Attachments
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Very basic MMI, no surprises+1 II, OOS. does anyone have any advice for the interview? is it just typical MMI stuff?
createdlieve68
Full Member
Should we prepare for all situational q's, or are there any traditional style ones as well?Very basic MMI, no surprises
HersheysBar
Full Member
During my interview, they stated that ~85% of their first year class comes off the alternate list!I’ve seen the data from the AAMC also posted here that says Albany puts ~200 on the alternate list after an interview with ~100 getting accepted from this list. If they are interviewing ~700 per year it seems like getting out on the alternate list is essentially a coin flip as to whether or not you get an acceptance. Would I be correct in this assumption? From looking at past years I don’t see to many applicants not getting put on the alternate list so I don’t know how much to trust the ~200 number.
Rabcoleman7
Full Member
+1 IS II received 1/27
wow… why do people go to other schools so much? is there a big red flag here??During my interview, they stated that ~85% of their first year class comes off the alternate list!
neurotypicalemt302
Full Member
I don’t think it’s because of that, on interview day I remember them saying they rarely accept people right after the interview and most acceptances are given from the alternate list starting Februarywow… why do people go to other schools so much? is there a big red flag here??
LittleHunger
Full Member
I don’t think it’s because of that, on interview day I remember them saying they rarely accept people right after the interview and most acceptances are given from the alternate list starting February
I interviewed in Jan. Their philosophy sounds like every candidate will be re-reviewed (they said it takes hours per person, which is why they don’t accept update letters) and get a final score after the interview is done, and they have an acceptance cut-off which is initially high and gradually lower as the cycle continues (the officer said that cut-off has started to move and AL to A has happened since Jan). If that is the case, I anticipate the late interviewees should have a higher chance to receive a direct A?
+1 OOS II, LM 72
submit date?+1 OOS II, LM 72
8/3/25submit date?
premed2026?
New Member
+1 OOS II today!!
I’ve heard this number thrown around as well. I was more so wondering if this number is so high because they put almost everyone on the alternate list after an interview, or if they only put ~200 like MSAR says, but others in this thread have said is not accurate. If everyone is put on the AL then it really doesn’t mean too much and there is no way to try and determine where one would stand in regards to an A. If only a select amount of applicants are places on the AL then one could take this as a good sign they could get an A.During my interview, they stated that ~85% of their first year class comes off the alternate list!
Although everyone is AL'd, I believe the acceptance ratio should be the same across all cycles, which is about 45%.I’ve heard this number thrown around as well. I was more so wondering if this number is so high because they put almost everyone on the alternate list after an interview, or if they only put ~200 like MSAR says, but others in this thread have said is not accurate. If everyone is put on the AL then it really doesn’t mean too much and there is no way to try and determine where one would stand in regards to an A. If only a select amount of applicants are places on the AL then one could take this as a good sign they could get an A.
createdlieve68
Full Member
Still wondering this, if anyone knowsShould we prepare for all situational q's, or are there any traditional style ones as well?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
When I interviewed it was a mixture of both. Stations with ethical dilemmas and then stations with traditional interview questions. I don’t think that has changed.Still wondering this, if anyone knows
I think someone mentioned it before but when do they start taking people off AL or how soon is the turnaround from AL to decision?
LittleHunger
Full Member
OOS AL, not surprised
HersheysBar
Full Member
Hmm, I figured they only AL'd like ~200 of the ~700 people they interview, but admittedly, I haven't perused SDN much for Albany.I’ve heard this number thrown around as well. I was more so wondering if this number is so high because they put almost everyone on the alternate list after an interview, or if they only put ~200 like MSAR says, but others in this thread have said is not accurate. If everyone is put on the AL then it really doesn’t mean too much and there is no way to try and determine where one would stand in regards to an A. If only a select amount of applicants are places on the AL then one could take this as a good sign they could get an A.
HersheysBar
Full Member
+1 OOS AL
createdlieve68
Full Member
When did you interview?+1 OOS AL
congrats!! Can I ask when you got the AL?OOS Albany A from AL. Interviewed 10/31
11/21congrats!! Can I ask when you got the AL?
PreMedRetro
Full Member
Congrats!!OOS Albany A from AL. Interviewed 10/31
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
HersheysBar
Full Member
Oh, my apologies! I just saw this. I interviewed 01/23.When did you interview?
Does anyone have any alternate phone number for AMC Admissions?
Here's what they have on their site. I'm awaiting an email back, but have some questions that might better be answered by phone - but when you call that number, it asks you to log in to their voice mail system or to provide an extension so you can leave a message for someone in particular, but there's no directory.
How can I speak to someone in admissions?
Mailing address:
Albany Medical College
Office of Admissions, Mail Code 3
47 New Scotland Ave.
Albany, NY 12208
[email protected]
518-262-5521
Fax: 518-262-5887
Here's what they have on their site. I'm awaiting an email back, but have some questions that might better be answered by phone - but when you call that number, it asks you to log in to their voice mail system or to provide an extension so you can leave a message for someone in particular, but there's no directory.
How can I speak to someone in admissions?
Program Contact Information
We look forward to receiving your application and getting to know you. If you have any questions, please contact our office directly.Mailing address:
Albany Medical College
Office of Admissions, Mail Code 3
47 New Scotland Ave.
Albany, NY 12208
[email protected]
518-262-5521
Fax: 518-262-5887
createdlieve68
Full Member
I know I can probably find this info on cycletrack, but I just want to ask what your guys' average time from interview to decision was? Are we sitting at about 4 weeks? Sooner?
It was 2.5 weeks for meI know I can probably find this info on cycletrack, but I just want to ask what your guys' average time from interview to decision was? Are we sitting at about 4 weeks? Sooner?
HersheysBar
Full Member
They told me to wait 4-6 weeks for a decision, but they put me on AL exactly 2 weeks after my interview date. I'm really not sure what to make of that, tbh lmao. There's probably not much to make of it, honestly. I'm unsure how long it'll take for WL -> A, though. The sample size on CycleTrack is so small, but it appears to be a couple months on average throughout the cycle.I know I can probably find this info on cycletrack, but I just want to ask what your guys' average time from interview to decision was? Are we sitting at about 4 weeks? Sooner?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K