You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2025-2026 Albany
Started by chilly_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
When were you placed on AL?I just got accepted from the AL today! Please message me if there's an accepted students GroupMe. To others on the AL - hang in there!
Do Albany put almost everyone they interviewed on AL? There is barely any post-II A or post-II R.I imagine we're gonna see some pretty heavy waitlist movement in May. compared to the number of interviews, the number of acceptances reported on admit is very low.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
majority go to AL - small amount get A right after interviewDo Albany put almost everyone they interviewed on AL? There is barely any post-II A or post-II R.
I see. Do you know how many students typically get off the AL? MSAR shows 100 out of 200, but it seems like way more than 200 students are on AL.majority go to AL - small amount get A right after interview
Of the 145 students in class of 2029 only 100 are not from local BS/MD programs. Each year those programs have 45 reserved spots.I see. Do you know how many students typically get off the AL? MSAR shows 100 out of 200, but it seems like way more than 200 students are on AL.
Some sources show historical interview #s at 600-700. I would assume about 200-250 acceptances are given out with ~10% being non-AL given how rare post-II non-AL As are historically. So maybe ~200 would get off the AL and then ~100 matriculate. This is just me piecing stuff together but based on how they talk about AL it sounds like 80% of interviewed students go on it. The AL is definitely not 200 anymore
Is Albany still sending interview invites? I'm assuming no but want to check
mediscool9587
Full Member
I don't think so. I think most MD school interviews should wrap up around April, and you can also look at AMC on Admit.org to see what I mean. Take what I say with a grain of salt though.Is Albany still sending interview invites? I'm assuming no but want to check
Also pls Albany get me off the Alternate List ahhhhh.
Last edited:
Pickledcabbage
New Member
Does anyone have the link to the groupme? For those on the AL, hang in there!! I'm praying for you!
congrats, when did you get off ALDoes anyone have the link to the groupme? For those on the AL, hang in there!! I'm praying for you!
Pickledcabbage
New Member
I did a BS/MD program so I wasn't on the AL, sorry for the false alarmcongrats, when did you get off AL
mediscool9587
Full Member
Hey y'all. So I know new MSAR data is out for this year, but why does AMC still claim that the waitlist is 200 with 100 receiving acceptances. Is that truly the case? I remember in the forum someone talked about how the waitlist had to be more than 200 now (and I agree), but the way the MSAR data is worded, that doesn't seem to be the case. If someone could clarify, I would be super grateful!
Withdrew my A, hoping it goes to a fellow SDN waitlist warrior. Been in your shoes and know it sucks, but hang in there and remember to take care of yourselves.
sleeplessmedic
New Member
IS AL to R this morning. Post interview AL back in January. Email right around 10am
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
createdlieve68
Full Member
congratulations!!! you deserve itOOS AL to A today!
Interviewed back in October. It has been a long 10 months, and after 7 interviews, this is my first A!
canvmariz242
New Member
Is there a groupme link?Does anyone have the link to the groupme? For those on the AL, hang in there!! I'm praying for you!
kenny_p0wers
New Member
I got an A early march, still have not heard anything about a groupme...if it's out there would appreciate the link from anyone already addedIs there a groupme link?
mediscool9587
Full Member
+1 OS AL response form
I assumed they have rejected some AL last week, and now narrowing down the AL list by sending this form.Anyone know if it’s a good sign to receive an AL response form? Or do they send it to everyone
mediscool9587
Full Member
I also agree with the above message by mmssjj. On top of what the user said, there are some applicants who are no longer interested and therefore will not submit the form. Moreover, applicants with multiple prestigious acceptances are also less likely to fill out the form, helping narrow down the list. Either way, this forum is just a nice way to talk about it. Good luck to all! 🙂Anyone know if it’s a good sign to receive an AL response form? Or do they send it to everyone
mediscool9587
Full Member
There have been some rejections on the AL already. If you scroll up a bit in the forum, you can see what I mean. I assume, though, that everyone else should've received the form.Bettter question is did everyone who is on the AL get the AL form?
According to MSAR, around 200 people are waitlisted and 100 are offered an acceptance. I’m not sure how accurate that is though, it seems like there are very few post II rejections+1 OOS AL Form.
How many students they usually get accepted from this list?
mediscool9587
Full Member
I agree this does seem a bit strange considering in the email they mentioned how they interviewed "over 700 applicants." Like how does that make sense Albany? 🙁According to MSAR, around 200 people are waitlisted and 100 are offered an acceptance. I’m not sure how accurate that is though, it seems like there are very few post II rejections
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
rainbowfish25
New Member
do they start accepting more people from AL after april 30?
Some students already got As off AL as you scroll up this threads. I believe more movement will start from May 1stdo they start accepting more people from AL after april 30?
Well some people got instantly accepted, some got rejected post II and some got rejected post AL. So maybe there are way above 200 people on are on AL, but I wouldn’t assume it’s closer to even 600.I agree this does seem a bit strange considering in the email they mentioned how they interviewed "over 700 applicants." Like how does that make sense Albany? 🙁
mediscool9587
Full Member
I see that makes sense. So, if you had to make a guess, would you equate AL probability of acceptance from anywhere between 1/2 to 1/4?Well some people got instantly accepted, some got rejected post II and some got rejected post AL. So maybe there are way above 200 people on are on AL, but I wouldn’t assume it’s closer to even 600.
Since MSAR keeps reporting that 100 out of 200 ALs are getting in, it appears AMC accepts about half of AL students. Given BBB, I would expect more waitlist movement with them because AMC is pretty expensive.I see that makes sense. So, if you had to make a guess, would you equate AL probability of acceptance from anywhere between 1/2 to 1/4?
createdlieve68
Full Member
all the other schools I'm looking at are like 10k more expensive per year than albany 😭Since MSAR keeps reporting that 100 out of 200 ALs are getting in, it appears AMC accepts about half of AL students. Given BBB, I would expect more waitlist movement with them because AMC is pretty expensive.
mediscool9587
Full Member
I think the user is emphasizing how recent BBB is and how it helps us with WL movement. Sure, Albany is expensive but it’ll probably only get more expensive. Either way, it’s good for applicants who can afford it on WL and bad for those that can’t.all the other schools I'm looking at are like 10k more expensive per year than albany 😭
Congratulations!IS A off WL today
mediscool9587
Full Member
i hope dawg bc Albany is my only shot. i got WL at another school and it’s hopeless there, so i need them to pull through.Is everyone anticipating a lot of AL movement tomorrow?
Same here! Very impatiently waitingi hope dawg bc Albany is my only shot. i got WL at another school and it’s hopeless there, so i need them to pull through.
mediscool9587
Full Member
I keep checking my email everyday - it’s pretty bad. I’m trying to only check it twice a day for my sanity, but I just want to hear a “yes” or “no” for closure <\3Same here! Very impatiently waiting
Last edited:
JBH51
Full Member
Congrats!! Around what time did you get the email?? Good to see that Albany is moving with its AL.+1 OOS A off the alternate list today. Have faith waitlist warriors, it is possible!!! I interviewed in March
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thank you so much!!! I got the email around 2:30pm PSTCongrats!! Around what time did you get the email?? Good to see that Albany is moving with its AL.
TerminallyChill38
I <3 Stool Samples
They tend to release decisions on Fridays 👀Is everyone anticipating a lot of AL movement tomorrow?
Congratulations!+1 OOS A off the Alternate List today!
Interviewed in February and was placed on the Alternate List in March.
Congrats!! Around what time did you get the email?+1 OOS A off the Alternate List today!
Interviewed in February and was placed on the Alternate List in March.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K