2024-2025 Arkansas

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Just got the decision letter a few minutes ago - ALTERNATE/wait list. Pretty happy about this. Means more anxiety for me to come these next few weeks/months lol!!

giphy.gif


edit I'm IS btw.
 
I decided i will be after i go on break LMAO ill lyk!!
Feel free to do as you please. But they are just going to tell you that results are actively being reported and that they should all be out by the end of the week. You haven’t slipped through the cracks. Try to be patient a little longer. I would refrain from calling if I were you.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just got the decision letter a few minutes ago - ALTERNATE/wait list. Pretty happy about this. Means more anxiety for me to come these next few weeks/months lol!!

giphy.gif


edit I'm IS btw.
Waitlist is still rly good!! UAMS accepts the majority of the waitlist (i remember seeing this in their acceptance/interview criteria). Hang in there : )
 
I fear it’s over for me getting in this year. They seem to have gotten out all the acceptances in an afternoon yesterday. I can’t imagine they’re still sending out waitlists when it’s only like 60 people…
 
using SDN as a coping mechanism but for those who haven't heard anything like me and are anxious -- I caved and called UAMS and they stated that essentially there's still decisions to be sent out which ofc include As and WLs til this Friday so let's just hope that the anxiety doesn't crush us til then :')
 
using SDN as a coping mechanism but for those who haven't heard anything like me and are anxious -- I caved and called UAMS and they stated that essentially there's still decisions to be sent out which ofc include As and WLs til this Friday so let's just hope that the anxiety doesn't crush us til then :')
Okay well that’s relieving…I think. Thanks for checking
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Waitlist is still rly good!! UAMS accepts the majority of the waitlist (i remember seeing this in their acceptance/interview criteria). Hang in there : )
Do you have any information of how many students are accepted off the Alternate List? Thanks for the information above. I have looked at their website and could not find any information regarding this. So appreciate any help here
 
I don't know how accurate this is, but this says that they accept about 20% of OOS students post interview invite (or at least that they did in 2021), so I would think that would be a considerable number of OOS As.

 
I don't know how accurate this is, but this says that they accept about 20% of OOS students post interview invite (or at least that they did in 2021), so I would think that would be a considerable number of OOS As.


That’s about 15 to 20 OOS A’s each year. I guess it really is possible that As have sent a nobody has posted but that seems kinda low chance. Any OOS that haven’t said yet pls update if you have heard anything or not I’m losing my mind 😵‍💫
 
That’s about 15 to 20 OOS A’s each year. I guess it really is possible that As have sent a nobody has posted but that seems kinda low chance. Any OOS that haven’t said yet pls update if you have heard anything or not I’m losing my mind 😵‍💫
There’s usually only 4-5 OOS students in each class. MSAR has only 4 in the most recent class.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I would also assume after matriculation. I'm IS and its well known that they accept around 13-20 OOS students ever year..
Right, I was assuming its def after matriculation bc a couple posts up I posted the admissions criteria by UAMS and they themselves outlined 15-20% seats are allotted to OOS students. They also are becoming more friendly to OOS especially those who have strong connections to Arkansas
 
Right, I was assuming its def after matriculation bc a couple posts up I posted the admissions criteria by UAMS and they themselves outlined 15-20% seats are allotted to OOS students. They also are becoming more friendly to OOS especially those who have strong connections to Arkansas
Yes even admit.org shows last year they accepted 25 OOS students. I think a lot of accepted choose to attend other schools tho which is why UAMS places such an emphasis on strong ties and put in the new border state tuition policy. They really want to make sure the OOS they accept actually choose to attend and stay in Ark.
 
OOS R around 6:30pm. It was an odd decision letter, did others also not have their name addressed on it?? Good luck to others rest of this cycle!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone received their acceptance packet yet? Mine is at my parents’ house and I’m dying to know what’s inside.
 
Has anyone received their acceptance packet yet? Mine is at my parents’ house and I’m dying to know what’s inside.
-An official acceptance letter
-A form to sign stating you 'accept' and which campus you prefer
-Another form to sign stating you can meet the requirements of the program
-A few pages covering AMCAS instructions, parent's club, etc