-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2025-2026 Arkansas
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
ultimatestinker
Full Member
In the same position. I haven't found much new info from anyone else or other sources eitherAnyone heard from admissions this week?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ultimatestinker
Full Member
It would look like IS have heard roughly 1.5 months from the interview date to the decision, while OOS are hearing about a month behind, given some N=1 examples in this thread. That being said, there are fewer posts here than some other threads on SDN, so it's hard to predict more timeline action than other threadsHopefully this week there will be news, the last interview date for this cycle was this past Saturday, Jan 10th. Fingers crossed that more people hear back.
ultimatestinker
Full Member
Nothing yet. I think the storm this weekend may delay transmission even further. Little Rock is expecting severe outages after Friday due to ice accumulation. It may add a few extra days to the schedule on the back end.Has anyone heard from them recently? It looks like there were acceptances about this time last cycle.
luckylucy132
Full Member
So are we thinking end of February is when we’ll hear?
Yeah I think the whole rolling admission thing is done and we’re just waiting on the final word at the end of FebSo are we thinking end of February is when we’ll hear?
luckylucy132
Full Member
Do we know historically how much of the class is accepted end of February after all rolling admissions are up?
This is the first year doing rolling admission so there’s no telling what to expect.Do we know historically how much of the class is accepted end of February after all rolling admissions are up?
NitricOxideWizard
Full Member
I'm surprised more people weren't accepted up to this point, with their new rolling admissions. It seems like they took about the same amount early as they did in previous years.
ultimatestinker
Full Member
Do you think that spells bad news for us waiting in limbo or is the process just a re-brand of admission in name only?I'm surprised more people weren't accepted up to this point, with their new rolling admissions. It seems like they took about the same amount early as they did in previous years.
NitricOxideWizard
Full Member
I think one of the earlier posts said that the adcoms told them during their interview day that most of us will hear back in February. I wouldn't look into it too much, I think the majority of the acceptances this cycle will come late February.Do you think that spells bad news for us waiting in limbo or is the process just a re-brand of admission in name only?
wannabedoc6290
New Member
Heard some acceptances went out today. Anyone know anything?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
NitricOxideWizard
Full Member
No news here, I figured we wouldn't know until the week after next. Do you know of anyone that got accepted today?Heard some acceptances went out today. Anyone know anything?
wannabedoc6290
New Member
Yes one person for sureNo news here, I figured we wouldn't know until the week after next. Do you know of anyone that got accepted today?
NitricOxideWizard
Full Member
In-state I am assuming?Yes one person for sure
do you know when they interviewed? and do you know if it was just the email or if they got a call?Yes one person for sure
Last edited:
NitricOxideWizard
Full Member
IS A this morning as well - can’t wait to meet you all!
luckylucy132
Full Member
Wondering if this was supposed to be the last big wave of acceptances? Or if they really do go all the way through the end of February.
pennyloafer123
Full Member
Hi! Did you get a phone call or email? Also, when did you interview?OOS acceptance this morning, from a neighboring state.
anotherapp
New Member
+1 IS A today! Does anyone know how long after the call it typically takes to receive the formal email?
NitricOxideWizard
Full Member
I was wondering that too. Maybe by the end of the week?+1 IS A today! Does anyone know how long after the call it typically takes to receive the formal email?
Each year they add all the accepted students in a private facebook group with some current students so everyone can discuss stuff, look for roommates, etc. Doubt it’ll be this week but sometime soonish I betIs there a group chat for accepted students?
ultimatestinker
Full Member
Asking others to play Nostradamus here, but do y'all feel like this was the final day of calls for acceptances?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
NitricOxideWizard
Full Member
Almost certainly not. Seems like they’re trickling acceptances, considering someone got accepted last Friday apparently. I’d imagine people will hear back through the end of the month.Asking others to play Nostradamus here, but do y'all feel like this was the final day of calls for acceptances?
ultimatestinker
Full Member
Thank you for easing the nerves a bit. I figured staggered would make more sense, especially given the phone call method they employ to alert accepted students.Almost certainly not. Seems like they’re trickling acceptances, considering someone got accepted last Friday apparently. I’d imagine people will hear back through the end of the month.
NitricOxideWizard
Full Member
Of course, wishing you all the best in this next week!Thank you for easing the nerves a bit. I figured staggered would make more sense, especially given the phone call method they employ to alert accepted students.
pennyloafer123
Full Member
have there been any more acceptances today?
ultimatestinker
Full Member
Lol. If there were I certainly didn't receive a phone callhave there been any more acceptances today?
luckylucy132
Full Member
I also think we’ll know when they’re done sending acceptances because last year they sent out a ton of acceptances and then a ton of rejections all on the same day. Makes me think that would probably be the last day.
nationalparks
Full Member
is that for pre- or post- interview?just got Alternate list email. OOS
ris4
Full Member
you can only be on a school's alternate list if you've interviewed!is that for pre- or post- interview?
ultimatestinker
Full Member
Same here. Be sure to email within two weeks if you decide to remain on the list. I did a brief skim while at work and did not catch this until I got home.just got Alternate list email. OOS
gratitudelessattitude
New Member
Starting to feel like they’re done sending out acceptances
ultimatestinker
Full Member
So I don't want to reveal too much here, but I don't think it is necessarily the same as giving out interview questions. Based on the email sent to alternate students, they have finished issuing acceptances currently. It said nothing of when rejection or new alternate list positions would be finished. That being said, to curb anxiety, it would be wise to take them at face value and assume the pipeline from interview straight to A is overStarting to feel like they’re done sending out acceptances
loosesillygoose
New Member
Has anyone gotten an IS alternate list email yet? In past years it seems IS was usually sent out before OOS but I haven't heard of anyone getting one yet
luckylucy132
Full Member
Thank you for sharing this! Super helpful to know.So I don't want to reveal too much here, but I don't think it is necessarily the same as giving out interview questions. Based on the email sent to alternate students, they have finished issuing acceptances currently. It said nothing of when rejection or new alternate list positions would be finished. That being said, to curb anxiety, it would be wise to take them at face value and assume the pipeline from interview straight to A is over
beansman33
Full Member
+1 OOS alternate list
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
bearyhappy
Full Member
+1 OOS alternate
medicine_fun
New Member
+1 OOS alternate
anyone know how big the alternate list usually is and the average number that moves?
anyone know how big the alternate list usually is and the average number that moves?
gratitudelessattitude
New Member
+1 IS alternate
loosesillygoose
New Member
+1 IS alternate list
loosesillygoose
New Member
MSAR says there are typically 60-80 waitlist positions per cycle with around 40 acceptance offers granted off the waitlist, not sure how that breaks down between IS and OOS though+1 OOS alternate
anyone know how big the alternate list usually is and the average number that moves?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K