2025-2026 Arkansas

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know if they will be accepting more OOS people than previous years since they changed their admissions process for this year?
I think so. They said that they are planning on interviewing more students than ever before, and with there being a minimum MCAT score to apply this cycle, I don’t think there are more IS applicants than in previous cycles (in fact, there will probably be less IS applicants). That means they are likely interviewing more OOS applicants and thus maybe will be accepting more OOS students, if I had to guess.
 
How long before your interview did people recieve the informational email? I’m interviewing on the 15th and haven’t gotten it yet, I might just be being neurotic though.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know where they can check their interview date? I couldn't find it anywhere on the student portal, and the confirmation email I received once I selected my date also doesn't say the actual date on it. Plus, in the email, it explicitly stated not to email about interview dates.... So kinda confused.
 
Does anyone know where they can check their interview date? I couldn't find it anywhere on the student portal, and the confirmation email I received once I selected my date also doesn't say the actual date on it. Plus, in the email, it explicitly stated not to email about interview dates.... So kinda confused.
I do not think there is a way you can check your interview date online. The date you signed up for on the form should be the date you interview on. They will send you an informational email with details about the interview around 2 weeks before your interview date, and that email will explicitly state the date and time of your interview. If you forgot which date you signed up for, you could probably call their office and ask.
 
Anyone word on if they are releasing As this week?
I was wondering the same; either this week or next they said. I've been checking here and Admit.org, but no signs of As yet.

Edit: On a side note, any other neurotic IS applicants going crazy? I'm so nervous to see how we fare this application cycle, with new admissions requirements and increased emphasis on MCAT and OOS applicants.
 
I was wondering the same; either this week or next they said. I've been checking here and Admit.org, but no signs of As yet.

Edit: On a side note, any other neurotic IS applicants going crazy? I'm so nervous to see how we fare this application cycle, with new admissions requirements and increased emphasis on MCAT and OOS applicants.
Yes, I am IS and also going crazy. I hope they release the first wave of acceptances soon.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
IS, interviewed this past Friday. I talked to Tom South, the director of admissions, afterwards. He said that they will meet October 30th to start reviewing completed applications, and the first wave of acceptances will come out in the first or second week of November. He said they aren't sure how many exactly will be accepted in the first wave, but that it should be slightly more than the amount they have taken in December of previous years. So maybe around 30 will be accepted? He said there will be a second wave of acceptances around Thanksgiving, followed by a third wave of acceptances early January, and then everyone will know by the end of February.
if this information is still accurate, we’re thinking it’ll be this week?? Right??🤞
 
I called them late on Tuesday and they said the adcom hadn't made their final decisions on the first wave yet, but that they expect those decisions to be made and sent out sometime this week. Nothing has been reported anywhere so I think if people have heard back, it must be a small number and not the whole wave
Very interesting, perhaps I'm wrong on my statement then. I do agree it will be a small number of applicants accepted this week though.
 
do post-interview thank you notes matter for this school? I interviewed last week and didn't send one...
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So they appear to be calling people, what was the area code?? ( I only ask cause I got called by another school, but the area code was for a different state)
 
I just figured out about Arkansas instate quota and district quotas. Anyone know where to find what each district is and what the average stats of each district are?
 
I just figured out about Arkansas instate quota and district quotas. Anyone know where to find what each district is and what the average stats of each district are?
This is the current congressional district map: Arkansas's congressional districts - Wikipedia
I'm a current student and recently spoke to the admissions people out of curiosity and they said that they are allowed to "dip" into other districts if one district does not have enough qualified applicants. I don't think that the average stats of each district is published anywhere, so you'd have to ask admissions. TBH I wouldn't worry too much about it.
 
does anyone remember when they said they would tell everyone if they had gotten rejected/accepted? I feel like it was a day in february, but i can't exactly remember what day.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad