2024-2025 Brown (Alpert)

Started by chilly_md
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Have not received secondary. Do they screen? I did submit my primaries late (end of August).

they dont screen as far as i know. you submitted end of aug so it's only natural for it to take a little bit. took me two weeks to get mine after my amcas was transmitted and i was verified before 6/28
 
I submitted and received complete email 7/23.. I just received secondary invite/instructions email again??? did this happen to anyone else?

After the Miami email fiasco yesterday I'm not sure how much more of this I can take

should I email them?
 
Last edited:
I submitted and received complete email 7/23.. I just received secondary invite/instructions email again??? did this happen to anyone else?

After the Miami email fiasco yesterday I'm not sure how much more of this I can take

should I email them?
Well I received the invite for secondary even though I have been invited for interview already.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I submitted and received complete email 7/23.. I just received secondary invite/instructions email again??? did this happen to anyone else?

After the Miami email fiasco yesterday I'm not sure how much more of this I can take

should I email them?
I emailed them and they said it was a technical error on their end and didn't mean to send it to me this morning :,)
 
would you be willing to share what the schedule is like?
Of course! The morning is a welcome from the admissions team, after which you go through curriculum, financial aid, and a virtual tour of the school by a student. You then get to lunch time, where students get on to chat with you about literally anything. Then you do your interviews in the afternoon, and then you're done!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How’s life in Providence? Do you find yourself on the main campus often?

I love living in Providence! I have lived in rural towns and a big city before coming to Providence and I really feel it is the best of both worlds! Great food scene, coffee shops, walking/running/biking paths. If you are looking for nightlife, Boston is 1 hr away (40 min by train) and NYC is 2.5 hrs away. We are right on the water and a close drive to some of the best beaches in New England. I always feel safe when walking around, even at night.

I like going to main campus to study when I am sick of my house and the med school. Lots of great study areas and fun to see the undergrads. You won't have any required classes at the main campus though, everything is at the medical school or nearby hospitals.
 
congrats! do you have any connection to the undergrad? or did you submit an update letter? this is one of my favorite schools!
they rejected me for undergrad haha so definitely no connection and no update letter, not quite sure why i got an interview tbh but very grateful. they were scheduling only a few weeks out (end of oct into early november) so definitely lots more interviews to come!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
they rejected me for undergrad haha so definitely no connection and no update letter, not quite sure why i got an interview tbh but very grateful. they were scheduling only a few weeks out (end of oct into early november) so definitely lots more interviews to come!
I also was rejected for undergrad lol and have zero connections but was offered an II on 10/02 (complete 7/23)
 
is most of the class plmes?

There are usually ~40 PLME students out of 144 total. So it is a large presence, however my experience has been that the vast majority of them didn't know each other coming in to medical school since they are encouraged to explore different paths in undergrad. I don't think it affects the vibe of the class other than making the average age slightly younger since they typically don't take gap years.
 
40 is a lot. I heard usually med schools don't like their own undergrads. I wish the med school from my university takes more from her undergrads.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
do you think this means everyone from the first round of interviews will hear Monday? or just some...
I think for my cohort at least they said we would def hear Monday, but that after that they would start just being rolling. I was on the first interview day I believe so that may be why
 
I think for my cohort at least they said we would def hear Monday, but that after that they would start just being rolling. I was on the first interview day I believe so that may be why
But honestly I can’t say for sure!!