You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2025-2026 Brown (Alpert)
Started by chilly_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
MusicalsandMed
New Member
I think it's partially diversity and partially a 'why us' essay. Like why are you a good fit for the med school?maybe im overthinking but is this like a diversity essay? the wording is gettting me like "add" to the community
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
not_houseMD
Full Member
Were your transcripts complete? And were all of your letters in? My primary was verified July 29th and I received the secondary August 6th. It's strange that it hasn't been downloaded yet.Still have not received my secondary. My primary was verified on the 18th of July. I emailed them last week and they said that they have not downloaded my app yet
medicineisawesome
Full Member
Any IIs yet?
a couple of admit.org users have reported IIs but obviously idk veracityAny IIs yet?
OMG OOS II received today LM 69 complete 08/02
anyone else waiting on a secondary? submitted primary on 8/14
FuturePediatricNeurosurge
Probationary Status - Indefinitely
You’re not alone— they took a while to send me one.anyone else waiting on a secondary? submitted primary on 8/14
medicineisawesome
Full Member
congrats! did you get an email saying your application was complete? I submitted on 7/31 and haven't gotten any emails since the secondary was sent, and Idk if thats normalOMG OOS II received today LM 69 complete 08/02
Yeah the day I submitted my secondary I got a secondary received email and a secondary complete email from them.congrats! did you get an email saying your application was complete? I submitted on 7/31 and haven't gotten any emails since the secondary was sent, and Idk if thats normal
mozartlapara
New Member
you might want to make sure you submitted itcongrats! did you get an email saying your application was complete? I submitted on 7/31 and haven't gotten any emails since the secondary was sent, and Idk if thats normal
I would reach out to admissions. It took about 3 days to get the application complete e-mail, so it wasn't instant like some other schools, but it shouldn't have taken almost a month....what does your secondary portal say under "Status"congrats! did you get an email saying your application was complete? I submitted on 7/31 and haven't gotten any emails since the secondary was sent, and Idk if thats normal
I added this school on 8/16 and haven’t gotten an invite for the secondary yet, should I reach out to admissions or are they just taking a while to screen my app? I added other schools around the same time and they already sent me their secondaries last week
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
mochilover12
Full Member
brown took almost two more weeks than my other schools to send me their secondary!I added this school on 8/16 and haven’t gotten an invite for the secondary yet, should I reach out to admissions or are they just taking a while to screen my app? I added other schools around the same time and they already sent me their secondaries last week
I did my primary back in July, and just got a secondary this morning! Do they screen? I thought it was for all verified applicants? Is it even worth it to do the secondary this late. Based on last years cycle, it seems like most of their interviews are for people that did secondaries in July...
I think it's worth it. They sent out secondaries really late this cycle. I was verified really early and didn't receive a secondary until the end of July. I wouldn't worry too much, just get it done before Labor DayI did my primary back in July, and just got a secondary this morning! Do they screen? I thought it was for all verified applicants? Is it even worth it to do the secondary this late. Based on last years cycle, it seems like most of their interviews are for people that did secondaries in July...
MsLeafpool
Full Member
is anyone else's portal showing that their letters of references are not received? confused since my primary was verified a while ago 🤔
NeuroticCalculator
Full Member
Mine are showing as received, complete 7/20is anyone else's portal showing that their letters of references are not received? confused since my primary was verified a while ago 🤔
CrimsonTurtle57
Full Member
II OOS!! LM 75, submitted secondary on 7/30
I know it's kinda late for secondaries, but I've been overthinking the "non-academic situation where you changed course" prompt. Is it fine to talk about having to adjust the way I cared for a patient with a disability? The only other topic I can think of is research, but apparently it's considered academic
monkey.d.luffy
Full Member
submit date?+1 OOS II LM 71
outofoffice
New Member
+1 IS II on 10/9. LM 75 complete date 8/28
usernameformed11
Full Member
Has anyone had more IIs recently?
appleorange123
Full Member
For update letters, do we think I can submit one now that 2 of my papers have been accepted for publication or wait till they actually get published?
lebronjames.
Full Member
I would just do it now to be safe.For update letters, do we think I can submit one now that 2 of my papers have been accepted for publication or wait till they actually get published?
If they are accepted and not in submission you can send nowFor update letters, do we think I can submit one now that 2 of my papers have been accepted for publication or wait till they actually get published?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I've been curious about this as well.Does anybody know how many IIs might have been sent out? It feels like they're working super slow?
i also know brown is very low yield and wondering if this is normal? but this just feels strange
i think an R wave has been summoned lol
dinodoctor.net
Full Member
OOS pre-II R LM 72
wannabedoctor0129
Full Member
Just got hit with that R as well
Make that four. Oh well!
Thedoomed12
Full Member
THe R wave went from Rosalind Franklin to Brown.
It means you still have a chance to get an II and that’s really it. Brown still sits on the majority of their apps until January/February to reject.how much do we read into avoiding R wave for app complete 7/27?
orangecat77
Full Member
It means you still have a chance to get an II and that’s really it. Brown still sits on the majority of their apps until January/February to reject.
PickaGod I see you in all the threads lol where did you end up attending? (If you don’t mind sharing)
axpathetic
Full Member
OOS pre-II R
OOS pre-II R, LM 74, Submitted 8/3
so sorry to hear this!! i hate to be that person but, when did you submit? i'm very nervous I'm going to be hit with the R today as well...I was complete Aug 28OOS pre II R, LM 75
per admit.org it seems like they only rejected ppl up to mid aug
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+1 pre-II R
not_houseMD
Full Member
What percentage of people got the R today? If someone submitted early/mid August does that mean you passed the first round?
Feeling glad I somehow got spared but also don't know how to feel about being in limbo.
MsLeafpool
Full Member
same, but i think they're rejecting people in chronological order and haven't gotten to anyone past mid august yet 😵💫Feeling glad I somehow got spared but also don't know how to feel about being in limbo.
SR77
Full Member
Complete 7/29so sorry to hear this!! i hate to be that person but, when did you submit? i'm very nervous I'm going to be hit with the R today as well...I was complete Aug 28
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K