You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 Brown (Alpert)
Started by chilly_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
+1OOS pre-II R received this morning! Godspeed to everyone in the running 🙂
oxtaillover
Full Member
They did not say anything in our interviews whether they are done. They did say they are nearing the end though and said their interview season is "September through February"Did they say anything about if they're done with IIs or if there's a few more to go out?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+1 OOS R, LM 71 (Pre-II)
I have a feeling they are prolly done and the last few of us left will only get something if people cancelThey did not say anything in our interviews whether they are done. They did say they are nearing the end though and said their interview season is "September through February"
I believe around half of their class comes from the WL. In interview day they said 30% of interviewees are outright accepted and 20% off the waitlist for a total of 50%. I’ve talked with current students and they have confirmed a lotdoes anyone know how likely it is to get off the WL for brown? I can't see it on the aamc waitlist procedures
of the class was on the waitlist so fingers crossed!!
Not from what I've looked into. They say 20% of their final class comes from the waitlist, but I can't find any information on how many people are offered waitlist spots to begin with or how many are then accepted. I haven't seen any post-II Rs so I assume most IIs turn into As or WLs. If that assumption is correct, the odds are probably good, but not great.does anyone know how likely it is to get off the WL for brown? I can't see it on the aamc waitlist procedures
Do you think its worth it to reach out to admissions office and ask if they are still sending out interviews? I don't live at home and need to know if I am going to resign my lease.
cupcake311
Full Member
Yes! Lmk what they sayDo you think its worth it to reach out to admissions office and ask if they are still sending out interviews? I don't live at home and need to know if I am going to resign my lease.
futuredrhan
New Member
I meannnnn I sent one to my interviewers either way so lol if they don’tDoes Brown accept thank you notes? Thanks!
z123456789
Full Member
any updates?Yes! Lmk what they say
Yes, I was told to send them to admissions and they would distribute them.Does Brown accept thank you notes? Thanks!
Thanks!Yes, I was told to send them to admissions and they would distribute them.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted982921
OOS pre-II R
IS pre-II R. Complete 7/27
Duolingo_enthusiast
Full Member
OOS pre-II R 🙁
jellybeann123
Full Member
OOS pre-II R
horsegirl_doctor
Full Member
OOS pre-II R complete 8/1 update sent 11/16
OOS pre-II R!!! Complete early August!
ChocolateCookieCake
Full Member
OOS pre-II R, complete late August
luckycharms!
Full Member
pre ii R boo
OOS pre-II R this morning! good luck to everyone else!!
reesesluver1938
Full Member
OOS pre-II R, they finally got me
theofficialnumber13
Full Member
OOS Pre-II R yesterday as well 🙁
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1176406
Yes! To be considered for the medical schools need-based aid you have to complete you CSS profile by March 1st. It’s okay if it’s not completed by then, but your financial aid will be processed later and there might not be as much funds available. Sounds like a first come first served situation.Hi all, looking for some input. Am I correct in thinking that Brown wants all the financial aid materials by Friday even if you have yet to receive a decision post-interview?
This is separate from FAFSA for federal loan options. If you apply for AMS need-based aid your financial aid package will include both sources of funding. If you don’t, you’ll only receive federal loan offers.
I want to say they wanted to have everything IN by March 1st, which is why they recommended submitting everything by Feb 16th (I hadn't even interviewed yet, only got my II, and I was getting emails about submitting)Thank you! By first come first serve, does that mean I am already at a disadvantage since I have yet to file? Or does that only apply if submitting after March 1st?
Not sure if that means you'll be "disadvantaged" though... Who know how quickly they'll start on aid offers, especially since FAFSA won't get sent to them until mid-March
BaileyBoo20
Full Member
From what I remember, the november decision dropped right around 12:00 pm EasternWhat time are decisions usually released?
BaileyBoo20
Full Member
Do admitted students new to Brown have Banner ID numbers yet?
Also curious, since the Banner ID is part of the AMS-specific financial aid application.Do admitted students new to Brown have Banner ID numbers yet?
I think it’s on the financial aid portal when you login— I’m not admitted yet but I was able to fill it outAlso curious, since the Banner ID is part of the AMS-specific financial aid application.
oxtaillover
Full Member
For the financial aid application do you think they mean March 1st at 11:59 or by midnight tonight?
Accepted MD/PhD today! Interviewed 1/18
This is late but A! Interviewed 1/19
D
deleted1176406
Congrats!!!! Did you get a call or email?Accepted MD/PhD today! Interviewed 1/18
Thanks! Got an email with the notification, no call yetCongrats!!!! Did you get a call or email?
monster12300
New Member
Any idea when the waitlist acceptances will come out?
Is there an accepted students facebook and/or group me yet?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
oxtaillover
Full Member
Called them and they just said get it in as soon as possible.For the financial aid application do you think they mean March 1st at 11:59 or by midnight tonight?
God is good! OOS A 30 mins ago
+1! OOS A!
D
deleted1176406
IS A for MD/PhD… doesn’t feel real! This is my dream school. So beyond honored and speechless.