2023-2024 Brown (Alpert)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
i haven’t gotten a pre ii r either, but iirc the last r wave they did, they did some in the morning and some in the afternoon so i am proceeding with not too much hope lol

Members don't see this ad.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 2 users
Did they say anything about if they're done with IIs or if there's a few more to go out?
They did not say anything in our interviews whether they are done. They did say they are nearing the end though and said their interview season is "September through February"

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
They did not say anything in our interviews whether they are done. They did say they are nearing the end though and said their interview season is "September through February"
I have a feeling they are prolly done and the last few of us left will only get something if people cancel

• Sad
Reactions: 3 users
does anyone know how likely it is to get off the WL for brown? I can't see it on the aamc waitlist procedures

Reactions: 1 user
does anyone know how likely it is to get off the WL for brown? I can't see it on the aamc waitlist procedures
I believe around half of their class comes from the WL. In interview day they said 30% of interviewees are outright accepted and 20% off the waitlist for a total of 50%. I’ve talked with current students and they have confirmed a lot
of the class was on the waitlist so fingers crossed!!

Not from what I've looked into. They say 20% of their final class comes from the waitlist, but I can't find any information on how many people are offered waitlist spots to begin with or how many are then accepted. I haven't seen any post-II Rs so I assume most IIs turn into As or WLs. If that assumption is correct, the odds are probably good, but not great.

Do you think its worth it to reach out to admissions office and ask if they are still sending out interviews? I don't live at home and need to know if I am going to resign my lease.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi all, looking for some input. Am I correct in thinking that Brown wants all the financial aid materials by Friday even if you have yet to receive a decision post-interview?

Hi all, looking for some input. Am I correct in thinking that Brown wants all the financial aid materials by Friday even if you have yet to receive a decision post-interview?
Yes! To be considered for the medical schools need-based aid you have to complete you CSS profile by March 1st. It’s okay if it’s not completed by then, but your financial aid will be processed later and there might not be as much funds available. Sounds like a first come first served situation.

This is separate from FAFSA for federal loan options. If you apply for AMS need-based aid your financial aid package will include both sources of funding. If you don’t, you’ll only receive federal loan offers.

Thank you! By first come first serve, does that mean I am already at a disadvantage since I have yet to file? Or does that only apply if submitting after March 1st?

Thank you! By first come first serve, does that mean I am already at a disadvantage since I have yet to file? Or does that only apply if submitting after March 1st?
I want to say they wanted to have everything IN by March 1st, which is why they recommended submitting everything by Feb 16th (I hadn't even interviewed yet, only got my II, and I was getting emails about submitting)

Not sure if that means you'll be "disadvantaged" though... Who know how quickly they'll start on aid offers, especially since FAFSA won't get sent to them until mid-March

For the financial aid application do you think they mean March 1st at 11:59 or by midnight tonight?

This is late but A! Interviewed 1/19

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
IS A for MD/PhD… doesn’t feel real! This is my dream school. So beyond honored and speechless.

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 3 users