You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 Brown (Alpert)
Started by chilly_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
OOS A
OOS A shooketh!! ✨✨
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
DGrenades
Full Member
Thank you—you're so kind! May I ask, what do you mean by renewing my interest "now and again in April?"I think that sending it sooner rather than later would be fine! I'm assuming AdComs are going to move around the waitlist in preparation for the "Choose your medical school" movement in April. Renewing your interest now and again in April could hopefully make the difference. Don't give up, you got this!
Last edited:
D
deleted1177770
I've only seen people receive A or WL post-II, but I could be wrongDoes anyone know whether everyone post II is waitlisted?
fellow WL wondering the same thing!!Thank you—you're so kind! May I ask, what do you mean by renewing my interest "now and again in April?" I'd love to send an LOI now, but I shouldn't send another later, right?
Is there a groupme for accepted students yet?
D
deleted1177770
Has there been any WL movement? Does anyone know if they will send rejections at any point after being on the waitlist?
Just withdrew my A! Good luck to everyone on the WL!
Cornell or Columbia biggest bro ?Just withdrew my A! Good luck to everyone on the WL!
Leaning Cornell, but waiting until I visit Columbia to make a final decision!Cornell or Columbia biggest bro ?
Anyone gotten financial aid yet?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
MatchaLuvr<3
New Member
No not yet. I came here to ask the same thing hahaAnyone gotten financial aid yet?
dr. the ocky way
New Member
anyone know if WL movement starts right on the 1st historically?
in past years it was between the 4th -8th. last year was the 8thanyone know if WL movement starts right on the 1st historically?
(Sorry for the heart attack I am about to give everyone)For everyone's convenience, I went through the past 5 threads for AMS and noted every time someone posted about getting an A off the WL and consolidated the info on this note here
View attachment 370387
Was curious about when we should expect WL movement and saw this post from the forum last year that suggests it would start tomorrow. Same user then said it seemed to be around 5pm ET. Given the FAFSA delays and potential student PTE/CTE delays, it could be next week, but there you go. Very unlikely to be today (or even tomorrow before 5pm) so if you are refreshing your email/SDN waiting for Brown, relax and go do something else!
Good luck to everyone!
A off the waitlist just now… literally shaking as this is my dream school!!
Would any accepted student mind sharing if brown extended the PTE deadline? or if you received your financial aid yet
They actually did, but I’m not sure how longWould any accepted student mind sharing if brown extended the PTE deadline? or if you received your financial aid yet
congratulations! when did u get the email?Got off the WL and it's my first A 😭 this is my dream school, it all still feels so unreal!
DGrenades
Full Member
Sorry for the late reply! It was 5/14 at 02:30 PM!congratulations! when did u get the email?
unbannable_name
New Member
WL -> R yesterday.
They said they were full.
Operation Reapply is officially a go.
They said they were full.
Operation Reapply is officially a go.
unbannable_name
New Member
Here is the email (deidentified). It might be a "we're full... for you that is". Like there still technically could be movement. It's probably just that I was very low on the WL. If you're still on the WL and haven't gotten this email, then I would take that as a good sign. And don't feel bad for me plz. I ain't stoppin.WL -> R yesterday.
They said they were full.
Operation Reapply is officially a go.
Your last communication with The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University indicated that you would like to remain on the wait list. I sincerely thank you for your patience throughout the application season and want to reaffirm how impressed the Admissions Committee was with your work.
At this point, the class is full and it is clear that we will not be in a position to offer you a seat in the incoming class. My hope is that you are admitted at another medical school or have plans to spend this year in research, travel, or medically related work.
We appreciate the time and effort that you devoted to the preparation of your application and to your virtual visit to Brown. I wish you great success in the years ahead, and I look forward to possibly working with you in the future, perhaps as an exchange clerk, resident, or fellow.
Sincerely,
Really confused by this. I understand narrowing it down to a select few on the WL in case people drop out, but given you're the only person who reported the WL->R it seems there are still quite a few people waiting to hear back.Here is the email (deidentified). It might be a "we're full... for you that is". Like there still technically could be movement. It's probably just that I was very low on the WL. If you're still on the WL and haven't gotten this email, then I would take that as a good sign. And don't feel bad for me plz. I ain't stoppin.
Your last communication with The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University indicated that you would like to remain on the wait list. I sincerely thank you for your patience throughout the application season and want to reaffirm how impressed the Admissions Committee was with your work.
At this point, the class is full and it is clear that we will not be in a position to offer you a seat in the incoming class. My hope is that you are admitted at another medical school or have plans to spend this year in research, travel, or medically related work.
We appreciate the time and effort that you devoted to the preparation of your application and to your virtual visit to Brown. I wish you great success in the years ahead, and I look forward to possibly working with you in the future, perhaps as an exchange clerk, resident, or fellow.
Sincerely,
Thanks for the update though, gives me a glimmer of hope. Good luck with next year
D
deleted1012716
Really confused by this. I understand narrowing it down to a select few on the WL in case people drop out, but given you're the only person who reported the WL->R it seems there are still quite a few people waiting to hear back.
Thanks for the update though, gives me a glimmer of hope. Good luck with next year
I also got this email. Just adding another WL -> R for tracking purposes
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ill add a late +1. I got the email tooI also got this email. Just adding another WL -> R for tracking purposes
dr. the ocky way
New Member
does anyone know when the CTE deadline is for Brown?
DGrenades
Full Member
It's July 8th!does anyone know when the CTE deadline is for Brown?
heidelbeeren
New Member
Yes there is and a Facebook group. DM meDoes anyone know if there's an accepted student groupme?
CycleTrack supposedly had an R yesterday. Still a chance! This one's gonna hurt if the R comes knowing we were so close hahahany movement recently?
Just for future reference given I don't remember seeing earlier threads having outcomes for people still on the WL after several R waves: classes started 2 weeks ago and I haven't heard anything, so that's an R.
A bit sad that they don't even email you, they just let you slowly lose hope.
A bit sad that they don't even email you, they just let you slowly lose hope.