You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 Brown (Alpert)
Started by chilly_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
brainfart123
Full Member
OOS R just now, complete 8/27 🙁
campanelle
Full Member
same here but mid-july. somebody sedate me because it feels like i’m being emotionally strung along😩submitted early july, haven't heard anything
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
dayoneofmedicine
Full Member
+1 OOS Pre-II R
premed2024_123456
Full Member
Yesdo they accept update letters/loi?
redexpomarker
Full Member
Has anyone been added to the accepted students facebook? Or is there any other group like a groupme?
no invite yet :/
D
deleted1199010
OOS II 😀
Congrats!! Did you receive it just now? It's so late hahaOOS II 😀
D
deleted1202627
manifesting an II here. somehow still hanging
tim_hortons_87193
Full Member
Same. Unless they’re keeping my app alive to continually mock it in their committee meetingsmanifesting an II here. somehow still hanging
D
deleted1199010
I'm traveling so I just saw it because of the time change! Email arrived around 5pm EST*Congrats!! Did you receive it just now? It's so late haha
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
sameeee 🙏Same. Unless they’re keeping my app alive to continually mock it in their committee meetings
inthetrees
Full Member
Same here. I think that mine just slipped through the cracks somehow and once they look again they're gonna reject 🤣Same. Unless they’re keeping my app alive to continually mock it in their committee meetings
averagepremed0101
MD Class of 2029
thought the same thing 🤣🤣 to be determinedSame here. I think that mine just slipped through the cracks somehow and once they look again they're gonna reject 🤣
ButterflySparky
Full Member
How many interviews do they offer post the holidays? I have not been rejected yet, and am really hoping to hear something but don't know how likely that would be .
D
deleted1194639
Is no news considered good news? I submitted in early August for refernce.
Wondering this as well, submitted 7/31Is no news considered good news? I submitted in early August for refernce.
averagepremed0101
MD Class of 2029
same, 7/11 completion email 🙈Wondering this as well, submitted 7/31
dhkswjsvlrhs
Full Member
OOS II!! My dream school!! Submitted end of July. Seemed like they were scheduling up till mid Feb.
Anyone who has had interviews here, any advice? How were the interviews like? Are the two back to back interviewers random members of adcom?
Anyone who has had interviews here, any advice? How were the interviews like? Are the two back to back interviewers random members of adcom?
Congrats! My interviews were honestly the most conversational I’ve had this cycle—it seems to me that the interviewers are genuinely interested in learning what you might contribute to the academic community @ Brown, they are also very knowledgeable about your application.OOS II!! My dream school!! Submitted end of July. Seemed like they were scheduling up till mid Feb.
Anyone who has had interviews here, any advice? How were the interviews like? Are the two back to back interviewers random members of adcom?
For your last question, both of my interviewers were med school faculty, and I have a suspicion that Brown tries to match interviewees with interviewers that share their interests. Brown has a ~50% post-II acceptance rate so the odds are (almost) in your favor
dhkswjsvlrhs
Full Member
Congrats! My interviews were honestly the most conversational I’ve had this cycle—it seems to me that the interviewers are genuinely interested in learning what you might contribute to the academic community @ Brown, they are also very knowledgeable about your application.
For your last question, both of my interviewers were med school faculty, and I have a suspicion that Brown tries to match interviewees with interviewers that share their interests. Brown has a ~[emoji[emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]][emoji[emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]]]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]]]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]% post-II acceptance rate so the odds are (almost) in your favor
Thank you so much!! So helpful 🥹
dhkswjsvlrhs
Full Member
congrats! if u dont mind, did u submit an update letter or letter of interest?
Yes! I submitted two updates letters, in late October and early December.
flowerplant2000
Full Member
OOS Waitlist right now, how does the waitlist movement look like here?
magic_fish12
Full Member
Not until later spring I believe, around 20% Ive heard?OOS Waitlist right now, how does the waitlist movement look like here?
RStudioChick
New Member
Are there any current Brown Med Students lurking in the sub willing to answer questions for accepted students/incoming M1s?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Dialga
Full Member
No update! Honestly pretty surprised, I thought it was in the silent rejection groupcongrats, did u send update?
redexpomarker
Full Member
Does anyone have any guidance on the "Why Providence" and "Why Brown" interview questions? I am planning on talking about the school's support for primary care but not sure what to say about Rhode Island as a whole.
They seemed to really emphasize how engaged their students are in the community and population health on my interview day!
Dialga
Full Member
Thank you so much! I was just looking at the population health aspects of the school and it seems like a great fit for me 🙂They seemed to really emphasize how engaged their students are in the community and population health on my interview day!
Has anyone from Rhode Island heard anything yet?
seaweedbrain
Full Member
+1 OOS II, complete late July and sent an update in the fall
I'm stoked this is a dream school for me!!
I'm stoked this is a dream school for me!!
congrats! what dates are they scheduling to?+1 OOS II, complete late July and sent an update in the fall
I'm stoked this is a dream school for me!!
OOS II! Complete late July no update letter tbh I kinda forgot about them… scheduling only had 3 dates at the end of January and very beginning of February for me
seaweedbrain
Full Member
Dittoscheduling only had 3 dates at the end of January and very beginning of February for me
Do we/does anyone know if these IIs are simply for WLs or if there is actually a shot at an A this late in the cycleDitto
seaweedbrain
Full Member
last cycle it looks like they sent out waves of As in febuary and march which i would bet is from interviewees from january and febuary respectivelyDo we/does anyone know if these IIs are simply for WLs or if there is actually a shot at an A this late in the cycle
pre-II R
+1pre-II R
INTL Pre-II R
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Decaying_Isotope
Full Member
+1 pre-II R, literally within an hour of me sending an update lol
gilgameshMD
Full Member
+1 Pre-II R. Good luck to all those still in contention!
D
deleted1200015
OOS pre-II R
wannabecomedian
Full Member
+1 OOS
D
deleted1203416
When were yall complete? I submitted early October so was wondering if they have gotten to me yet lol