-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 Charles R Drew
Started by chilly_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
manojoblanco!
Full Member
We received an accepted student Q&A session link, the email was sent to exactly 60 people.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
if you have not received an A yet, stay hopeful. i was accepted in march about 6 weeks after A's were initially sent. there will be a decent amount of movement till at least june.
edit: in fact, a good portion (maybe 1/2?) of my classmates did not receive the initial A, but were accepted in april/may when 2nd look happens. so just find ways to be productive and be happy that there is still a chance to start in july.
edit: in fact, a good portion (maybe 1/2?) of my classmates did not receive the initial A, but were accepted in april/may when 2nd look happens. so just find ways to be productive and be happy that there is still a chance to start in july.
Last edited:
Hmmm well given I can’t really make a move cross-country with kids in less than a month if a May acceptance magically appears, I’m going to focus on re-app 🙃
Good luck to all who were accepted! May you thrive and reach your medical school goals! CDU seems like an encouraging school that will train amazing future physicians like y’all
Good luck to all who were accepted! May you thrive and reach your medical school goals! CDU seems like an encouraging school that will train amazing future physicians like y’all
slownsteady02
Full Member
For those accepted was there a time limit to accept the acceptance and put the deposit in?
SPIDEY_Senses
Full Member
So then that’s it the 60 were chosen
night_singer99
Full Member
Looks like it :/
purpleyurble
Full Member
not them sending me an email for coffee and conversation discussion yet no A 😡
Yes, I received the A email at 11am pst so I feel like theyre just following up. Came from a 323 number
What did the call say? I missed the call and they don’t answer
manojoblanco!
Full Member
5 business daysFor those accepted was there a time limit to accept the acceptance and put the deposit in?
slownsteady02
Full Member
Oh thats type fast. Thank you for the response.5 business days
not them sending me an email for coffee and conversation discussion yet no A 😡
![]()
Maybe your next? Bc At least u got that, i got nothing
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
purpleyurble
Full Member
I doubt it. I thought I would get in this time but I had a feeling it was over after the interview lol.Maybe your next? Bc At least u got that, i got nothing
night_singer99
Full Member
Has anyone gotten WL offers?
koolpremed
Full Member
NoHas anyone gotten WL offers?
greEn_applE_lollipop_358
Full Member
Ik they said there were less than 500 interview invites, but I wonder how many post II rejections they sent and how many are left to be considered for WL or eventual A. Does anyone have any ideas?
slownsteady02
Full Member
Has anyone received any kind of update?
koolpremed
Full Member
This sucks lol so basically lose most of your hope?
Interviewed in early August, have heard nothing ):Or later
slownsteady02
Full Member
Can any accepted student give any updates?
I wonder if there is someone over in admissions looking at the thread and just waiting to hit send 🤣 they know we are all dying
Is anyone that got accepted thinks of NOT committing to CDU?? Just wondering, maybe you can give us who are in limbo some hope [emoji24]🥲
SPIDEY_Senses
Full Member
I am praying that they are still going to do an acceptance wave and only accepted a portion of there class.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
greEn_applE_lollipop_358
Full Member
Yeah that would be nice except they already sent the accepted students zoom link to exactly 60 people :/I am praying that they are still going to do an acceptance wave and only accepted a portion of there class.
slownsteady02
Full Member
I mean ik someone said they would in the thread and like they got 5 days to accept so hopefully the follow up wont take long. However the complete ghosting we got gave me whiplash😭Curious - do others think some folks in this first acceptance wave have already declined? If so, will CDU send out to the next folks in line soon?
5 business days so in theory the earliest would be Monday if they do release waves like that
soontobemed_
Full Member
i took the ghosting as an unofficial waitlist decision to soothe myself since pre-secondary, pre-/post-II R had been sent out earlier in the cycle. I had to soften the blow in my mindI mean ik someone said they would in the thread and like they got 5 days to accept so hopefully the follow up wont take long. However the complete ghosting we got gave me whiplash😭
Congrats !! When was this ?IS A received !!
night_singer99
Full Member
congrats! May I ask when you interviewed?IS A received !!
slownsteady02
Full Member
Acceptances over the weekend?
kingbryce123
New Member
IS A on 1/14!!!
IS A on 1/14!!!
Congrats!! When did you interview??
koolpremed
Full Member
So will we get an email saying we’re on WL??
kingbryce123
New Member
I interviewed back in September.
slownsteady02
Full Member
Anyone hear anything?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
greEn_applE_lollipop_358
Full Member
Not me!! Been refreshing my email and checking spam all weekend 💔Anyone hear anything?
Nope, I was hoping for at least a waitlist email or something 🥲Anyone hear anything?
Someone could always email/call asking about status. This school is very responsive
slownsteady02
Full Member
I volunteer you 😭😭Someone could always email/call asking about status. This school is very responsive
I’ve been trying but can’t get through to anyone 🤷🏻♀️Someone could always email/call asking about status. This school is very responsive