You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 Charles R Drew
Started by chilly_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
koolpremed
Full Member
I’m so sorry to the people that got an acceptance email and then a rejection and then a waitlist email. Yall fr the strongest warriors
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm pretty sure the people who replied "accepted" are just accepting their spot on the waitlist lol
SPIDEY_Senses
Full Member
If someone who is not gonna accept there spot, Can you ask if it’s by who replies first or is there an official waitlist by a different order.
It’s not who replies first. They have a rank. Dr Loeza responded to my email saying they are not sending the rank listIf someone who is not gonna accept there spot, Can you ask if it’s by who replies first or is there an official waitlist by a different order.
slownsteady02
Full Member
just now? Ngl it would be nice if they shared it after all this 😭It’s not who replies first. They have a rank. Dr Loeza responded to my email saying they are not sending the rank list
I emailed her right after she apologized for CCing everyone. I asked if there is a way to know my rank on the waitlist and she replied almost immediately saying “we are not sending out the rank list”just now? Ngl it would be nice if they shared it after all this 😭
greEn_applE_lollipop_358
Full Member
Darn I didn’t get the waitlist email just the rejection, but honestly kinda relieved that would really suck sorry yall 😭
slownsteady02
Full Member
Is there a live q&a finna happen soon?We still have live. Hopefully tomorrow it’s clarified. Hopefully the ones that got waitlisted stay waitlisted.
Yeah there's another one happening on 3/7Is there a live q&a finna happen soon?
Here's where I found the registration link: @cdu_com | Linktree
Just got another waitlist email with my name on it
Anyone else ?
koolpremed
Full Member
SameJust got another waitlist email with my name on it
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
SPIDEY_Senses
Full Member
Got the official waitlist email as well
night_singer99
Full Member
Rejection email also, best of luck everyone
soontobemed_
Full Member
Got the updated “personalized” waitlist email..
I’d email and ask. They be responding in secondsDidn’t received anything?? I got rejection email then waitlist email, but no updated email with my name. Confused
soontobemed_
Full Member
potentially if they’re going down an actual rank list with the updated emails with names, even then it’d be difficult to tell where you rank bc you wouldn’t know how many received it before youAny chance the list of emails she accidentally sent is our rank order ??
Given the fact the emails first recipient was CDU I doubt it
Not to mention some received that email and not the one with our name on it
Obedientlime
New Member
What a wild night. Was literally answering these emails and going through a rollercoaster of emotions during a Tyler the Creator concert 🤣
y’all accepted students please clarify if you received the waitlist email as well. Ik you got in but help us out [emoji88]
I was accepted last week and did not get any of the emails sent today.
I hope they can rectify what they did to y’all in some way. This all sounds super stressful and confusing. Is it that everyone they rejected ended up getting a follow up email for a waitlist spot?
Last edited:
CelestialDragon
Full Member
this may be peak neuroticism but for the WL email where they mistakenly CC'd us (instead of BCC), i noticed that our email addresses were not in any kind of alphabetical order so I wonder if the current order of emails is the WL rank order....
otis31
Full Member
Last night was a rollercoaster of emotions. I got the rejection email and then got the waitlist notification. I did email Dr. Loeza to confirm I was actually on the waitlist, given there was 185 other recipients on the waitlist email. She confirmed I was on the waitlist. It’s unfortunate we won’t be able to know our ranking 🥹 I guess the waiting continues.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
slownsteady02
Full Member
Valid but given how late in the cycle it is and w everything thats happened i doubt everyone on the list will even accept the waitlist offer. So the list might even get cut in half🫡Last night was a rollercoaster of emotions. I got the rejection email and then got the waitlist notification. I did email Dr. Loeza to confirm I was actually on the waitlist, given there was 185 other recipients on the waitlist email. She confirmed I was on the waitlist. It’s unfortunate we won’t be able to know our ranking 🥹 I guess the waiting continues.
NeverGiveUp199
Full Member
Wow I can’t believe what’s happened 😂😭 I’m the guy that got yelled at by Dr. Loeza during my interview … but this is crazy! Gl to yall! I got rejected but not WL after 😬
Bro what why ?Wow I can’t believe what’s happened 😂😭 I’m the guy that got yelled at by Dr. Loeza during my interview … but this is crazy! Gl to yall! I got rejected but not WL after 😬
NeverGiveUp199
Full Member
I talked about it in an earlier post during the R wave in January 20-21. Basically she got frustrated with me answering a straightforward question for too long, or giving a lot of details. I really don’t wanna get into the specifics but she got really frustrated 😭 Honestly don’t mind anymore since I have an acceptance, but it threw me off guard. But what’s happening now with the decisions is something else!Bro what why ?
ohdoctorrrrrrr
New Member
omg that's crazy lol i feel like they should send some clarification honestlyok so trip on this. The rejection email was sent to the email on my AMCAS, then the WL email with everyone on it, was sent to an old email of mine not on this years app. Then the official WL email went to the one on my AMCAS lol
JudgeLearnedHand
New Member
I can't believe how much interaction time she gets with applicants seeing as how unprofessional she seems.I talked about it in an earlier post during the R wave in January 20-21. Basically she got frustrated with me answering a straightforward question for too long, or giving a lot of details. I really don’t wanna get into the specifics but she got really frustrated 😭 Honestly don’t mind anymore since I have an acceptance, but it threw me off guard. But what’s happening now with the decisions is something else!
slownsteady02
Full Member
It seems tho that not everyone on the initial wl email got an official wl email tho right? Or am i misunderstanding the thread😭
not quiet sure. maybe some people in that initial WL email were accepted ? it was 190 emails that were "waitlisted" for a 60 student class size. seems like a lot. Also the emails are not in alphabetical order . How are the emails orderedIt seems tho that not everyone on the initial wl email got an official wl email tho right? Or am i misunderstanding the thread😭
sorry to those who are going through this. met dr. loeza in several spaces and she can be rude/unprofessional. students excuse her behavior constantly. i ended up attending a different school after my stressful interview experience but would advise speaking to current students about their time here.
SPIDEY_Senses
Full Member
I am going to write an email, we deserve an apology.
koolpremed
Full Member
We really do. Applying to medical is rough and their mistakes are devastating.I am going to write an email, we deserve an apology.
slownsteady02
Full Member
Anyone get a response if they accepted the wl offer on the official wl email? Better yet they just wanted a response to the email? Or a who separate email to them??
koolpremed
Full Member
I’ve sent 3 emails. One responding to the first email, another one just to dr loeza, the other to dr marksAnyone get a response if they accepted the wl offer on the official wl email? Better yet they just wanted a response to the email? Or a who separate email to them??
Hmmm I wonder what effects there would be to do a group letter? I’m already rejected haha but gosh this whole thing is bonkersI am going to write an email, we deserve an apology.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
SPIDEY_Senses
Full Member
Oh dang, yes that would be good but I know its such an uncomfortable thought. I was scared even writing it.Hmmm I wonder what effects there would be to do a group letter? I’m already rejected haha but gosh this whole thing is bonkers
ok so just to clarify... some got the accepted email, then rejected, then waitlist? And some got rejected then generic waitlist from Dr. Loeza, and then the official WL?
While I can understand it I feel like this chat is getting way too neurotic. Pretty soon one of y’all is gonna say oh it was 11pm I think that means 11 ppl are getting off that waitlist. I know it’s hard but let’s just be patient and see what happens. If someone gets a real update or response from email we’ll see it then
I don’t believe anyone was send an official acceptance then a waitlist. The “accepted” people are talking about is referencing someone replying to all saying “accepted” and people thought they were accepted because of thatok so just to clarify... some got the accepted email, then rejected, then waitlist? And some got rejected then generic waitlist from Dr. Loeza, and then the official WL?
Someone did get an A then waitlist she’s in this chatI don’t believe anyone was send an official acceptance then a waitlist. The “accepted” people are talking about is referencing someone replying to all saying “accepted” and people thought they were accepted because of that