You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 Colorado
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Iron Man23
M.D. Class of 2029
For people interviewing tomorrow, can you update us on the culture of the interview? like was it conversational and chill, etc.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
AnonymousBunny
Full Member
^^ Would like to hear this as wellFor people interviewing tomorrow, can you update us on the culture of the interview? like was it conversational and chill, etc.
Congrats!!!+1 OOS II ! the only available date was Wednesday and I have to skip all my classes that day -- so nervous.
CelestialDragon
Full Member
Congrats!!! When were you complete?+1 OOS II ! the only available date was Wednesday and I have to skip all my classes that day -- so nervous.
babseeb
Full Member
thanks! I was completed 7/24, received secondary on 7/22Congrats!!! When were you complete?
Iron Man23
M.D. Class of 2029
For people who have interviewed, how should we prepare for the group activity?
heir_of_snakes
Full Member
Is anyone else having issues logging into the portal
AnonymousBunny
Full Member
bumping... if anybody has any insight/tips into the interviews that would be appreciated!For people who have interviewed, how should we prepare for the group activity?
it was really chill! The group activity seemed more about facilitating a discussion and teamwork. I would recommend knowing about common debates/hot topics in the US and looking up previously asked and common questionsbumping... if anybody has any insight/tips into the interviews that would be appreciated!
Iron Man23
M.D. Class of 2029
Anything specific about the hot topics? Or just like what’s new in the news.it was really chill! The group activity seemed more about facilitating a discussion and teamwork. I would recommend knowing about common debates/hot topics in the US and looking up previously asked and common questions
Slythery_snape
Full Member
Do you guys think it's too late to submit my secondary? I've been swamped with work and other secondaries so I know it's getting on the later end.
Iron Man23
M.D. Class of 2029
I think it’s worth a shot. They only send secondaries to 2/3 of applicants, so you already made it past one part of the admissions process.Do you guys think it's too late to submit my secondary? I've been swamped with work and other secondaries so I know it's getting on the later end.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
cr8t8c8lc8re
Full Member
what are interviews like? MMI or traditional style?hey everyone. Current MS2 just wrapping up clerkships, about to go into MS3. Happy to talk about the school overall either here or via DMs. Can also talk about the general admissions process as well.
cr8t8c8lc8re
Full Member
no 🙁 sadlyHave any people IS received an interview?
Iron Man23
M.D. Class of 2029
Group interview and individual interviewwhat are interviews like? MMI or traditional style?
Thank you for the update! According to the MSAR they interviewed 659 applicants last year. This means they are ~15.2% through their interview cycle. Many many more to hand out! 🙂Admissions Counter is up to date (as of 9/3/24)! The cycle’s pushing forward!
Admissions Tracker
Updated Sept. 3, 2024
- Primary Applications: 9,536
- Secondary Applications: 4,974
- Interviewed Applicants: 100
- Offers of Admission: 0
MikeTrout27
Full Member
We don't need to send DUET to this school, right?
Curious - did anyone else apply CSB? I got family there and I love the QI LIB - aligns exactly with what I want to learn/practice 🙂
acetylcola
Full Member
I did - I love the community engagement component!Curious - did anyone else apply CSB? I got family there and I love the QI LIB - aligns exactly with what I want to learn/practice 🙂
YessirI did - I love the community engagement component!
HonorPlant
Full Member
no DUET neededWe don't need to send DUET to this school, right?
MaverickCowboy
Full Member
Secondary received 9/10/24!
When did you submit your primary to them? I'm IS and submitted mine on 9/4 and still nothing.
Secondary received 9/10/24!
charbelmar
Full Member
that is totally normal. My primary was verified in early june and was sent to med school on the first day (June 28th). University of Colorado didn't send my secondary until three weeks later.When did you submit your primary to them? I'm IS and submitted mine on 9/4 and still nothing.
MaverickCowboy
Full Member
When did you submit your primary to them? I'm IS and submitted mine on 9/4 and still nothing.
I submitted my primary on 9/4 as well. There's just a chance that the person assigned to pre-screen your secondary just hasn't gotten to it yet -- I wouldn't worry just yet.that is totally normal. My primary was verified in early june and was sent to med school on the first day (June 28th). University of Colorado didn't send my secondary until three weeks later.
Also I do think my personal statement (if they read it during pre-screening) shows I'm mission fit for one of their programs.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
SauceLegend
Full Member
Sadly no. I'm IS with an LM of 81 so I'm kinda bummed out. But still lots of time left in the cycle.Have any people IS received an interview?
Last edited:
babseeb
Full Member
ya it is interesting because every single person in my interview (roughly 60-80 ppl) were OOS, including me. maybe they will get to IS later?Sadly no. I'm IS with an LM of 83 so I'm kinda bummed out. But still lots of time left in the cycle.
Iron Man23
M.D. Class of 2029
Your interview has 60-80 people? That’s so many.ya it is interesting because every single person in my interview (roughly 60-80 ppl) were OOS, including me. maybe they will get to IS later?
babseeb
Full Member
actually -- i dont know, don't quote me on that :,)Your interview has 60-80 people? That’s so many.
i wanna say like 50 maybe? i actually do not remember
Iron Man23
M.D. Class of 2029
Yes they have sample schedules on the portalWhat time did interviews start (Fridays would be helpful specifically)? Are the sample schedules they give accurate with start and end times for Wednesday vs Friday? I wish they would make timing a little more clear 🙂
Hi y'all! Wanted to bump this if anyone knows.does anyone know if the interview is open or closed-file?
Also, is there a pre-interview event to meet with student reps?
Iron Man23
M.D. Class of 2029
CloseHi y'all! Wanted to bump this if anyone knows.
Iron Man23
M.D. Class of 2029
They do a q&a type event with students a few days beforeAlso, is there a pre-interview event to meet with student reps?
babseeb
Full Member
i discovered it was closed file 🙂Hi y'all! Wanted to bump this if anyone knows.
Cool, thank you!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congratulations! 🙂Out of state interview invite now
my homie didHas anyone applying for the Fort Collins branch received an interview yet?
StraightAd57
Full Member
OOS II
StraightAd57
Full Member
Does anyone know if the interview is closed or open file? I only had options to interview next week so I'm kinda nervous with how close it is. How chill was the interview if anyone had it yet. THANK YOU!!!