2024-2025 Dartmouth (Geisel)

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

+1 pre II R - IS, very disappointed 🙁 thought they would want a NH student lol
I’m an in state student as well (haven’t heard back yet) and I’m really sorry to hear this 🙁 being from Northern New England is kinda **** bc there is no school that prefers us….it feels a bit like constant disadvantage no matter where we apply. I hope you have other acceptances. I’m proud to have a fellow granite stater in medicine!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did anyone have a not so great interview experience and still get accepted?
I thought my second interview went badly and still got accepted. Just didn't connect at all with the admissions staff. Plus, I was so embarrassed because I mentioned my first interviewer to my second interviewer and I forgot her name despite her being the Dean of admissions...
 
I heard from admissions today:

Geisel got 1500 more applications than last year, but does still plan to review all applications by March 10. If you were complete in early September you should expect to hear back any day. Also, don’t feel bad about reaching out, the admissions folks do not mind hearing from you if you want to check in.

My fingers are crossed for all the late season applicants out here <3 good luck everyone
 
I heard from admissions today:

Geisel got 1500 more applications than last year, but does still plan to review all applications by March 10. If you were complete in early September you should expect to hear back any day. Also, don’t feel bad about reaching out, the admissions folks do not mind hearing from you if you want to check in.

My fingers are crossed for all the late season applicants out here <3 good luck everyone
thanks for the info! fingers crossed!!
 
I heard from admissions today:

Geisel got 1500 more applications than last year, but does still plan to review all applications by March 10. If you were complete in early September you should expect to hear back any day. Also, don’t feel bad about reaching out, the admissions folks do not mind hearing from you if you want to check in.

My fingers are crossed for all the late season applicants out here <3 good luck everyone
What about mid-August who has not heard yet?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For people that interviewed late January (01/30), I feel like I remember them saying we should expect decisions end of February. Since it's getting to the end of the month and people from mid January still haven't heard anything, do we think we will probably be waiting a bit longer?
 
I interviewed on 1/9 and still haven't heard back... I already sent a letter of intent and have completed the majority of the financial aid application (waiting one last component). Is there anything else I can do? Does this mean I'm borderline between A/WL or WL/R and they're waiting to see where I fall among the upcoming interviewees? I'd love to send to send some more communication but I don't have anything major to update the committee about besides a new acceptance, which they can see on AMCAS now
 
I interviewed on 1/9 and still haven't heard back... I already sent a letter of intent and have completed the majority of the financial aid application (waiting one last component). Is there anything else I can do? Does this mean I'm borderline between A/WL or WL/R and they're waiting to see where I fall among the upcoming interviewees? I'd love to send to send some more communication but I don't have anything major to update the committee about besides a new acceptance, which they can see on AMCAS now
I don’t believe the committee can see your As? Thru the choose your med school tool - it is currently in the aggregate data stage. Is there another way they have access?
 
I don’t believe the committee can see your As? Thru the choose your med school tool - it is currently in the aggregate data stage. Is there another way they have access?
Yeah, schools cannot see your acceptance. They only see aggregate data, and after April 30th they still won't see all of your acceptances, just if you've selected another school to PTE.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For feb interviews, we should hear back mid-late march right? What day does geisel release?
Initially I though they were releasing Fridays but it seems like they haven't really been following much of a pattern. I interviewed end of January so I'm extra nervous because they said our decisions would come out end of February.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad