You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 Dartmouth (Geisel)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I listed exactly what appeared on my college transcript, the official course title. My school did the same with biochemistry.For the secondary part where it asks about listing premed reqs, for department do we list the category assigned on AMCAS or the category from my school? (eg biochem was BIOL for my school but was listed as CHEM on AMCAS)
Yeah I feel like its optional, but I wrote about a hobby I am passionate about and connected it to medicine.What are people writing about for prompt 2? With the other secondary prompts and my primary application, I don't feel like I have much to share?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hit around 300-350 words in each, but quality > quantity.How many words are you writing for prompt 2 and 3?
i dont believe soDoes anyone know if you have to move for clinical rotations? I have school aged kids and need some stability. Trying to decide if I should apply here. Thanks.
p4th2g0a1s
Full Member
+1 INTL secondary received 7/18
I'm also confused by this because BIOL, CHEM, etc. are classes of courses, not departments I thought. Do I list the university department under which the course is administered (ex. department of chemistry, etc.)? And for college, should I put the university at which the course was taken or the specific college within my university (ex. college of natural sciences, etc.)? I can't find anything online lolFor the secondary part where it asks about listing premed reqs, for department do we list the category assigned on AMCAS or the category from my school? (eg biochem was BIOL for my school but was listed as CHEM on AMCAS)
Years ago Dartmouth would partner with Brown (I think) to provide clinical training, when Dartmouth's own hospital did not provide enough different rotation opportunities for med students. But I believe in this era Dartmouth students can do all their rotations in and around Hanover.i dont believe so
barbiedoc07
Full Member
OOS II just now!! Complete 7/2
Congratulations!! You must be thrilled! If possible are you willing to share your LM score?OOS II just now!! Complete 7/2
barbiedoc07
Full Member
Thank you, kind of surreal after my first R yesterday :’) It’s in my signature (I think??) but LM ~70!!Congratulations!! You must be thrilled! If possible are you willing to share your LM score?
Nice!- I have the same score so fingers crossed- I’m using mobile so maybe that’s why I’m not seeing the signature. Congratulations!!Thank you, kind of surreal after my first R yesterday :’) It’s in my signature (I think??) but LM ~70!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+1 OOS II!! Shaking
Hey congrats!! Would you mind telling us your LM and complete date?
Hello! LM 73, complete date 7/3Hey congrats!! Would you mind telling us your LM and complete date
I was completed 7/4. Looks like we'll see my fate tomorrow.
Iron Man23
M.D. Class of 2029
Completed 7/1. I’m cooked (jk)I was completed 7/4. Looks like we'll see my fate tomorrow.
Didn't you cook yourself when you snapped Thanos and his army?Completed 7/1. I’m cooked (jk)
barbiedoc07
Full Member
wait I could click through all the way until October for dates!Another note: only available interview date for me was 8/22
Iron Man23
M.D. Class of 2029
That should get me an iiDidn't you cook yourself when you snapped Thanos and his army?
Yea I only had august 22 available 😭wait I could click through all the way until October for dates!
GoofyGoober2
Full Member
+1 OOS II Complete 7/7 LM 77 WARS 85
goofygoober6
New Member
nice+1 OOS II Complete 7/7 LM 77 WARS 85
GoofyGoober2
Full Member
nice🤝nice
SevillaOranges
New Member
+1 OOS II, LM 76, app submitted 7/5
Last edited:
dominoes1207
Full Member
I grew up as a Jehovah's Witness; do you guys think that is a good way to answer the "other" prompt?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
sure!I grew up as a Jehovah's Witness; do you guys think that is a good way to answer the "other" prompt?
Even amongst Christian circles, Jehovah's Witnesses are considered a cult, so be careful how you talk about it.I grew up as a Jehovah's Witness; do you guys think that is a good way to answer the "other" prompt?
dominoes1207
Full Member
oh yea! i ended up leaving LOL and def would frame it in the manner of growing up in a cult and then leaving itEven amongst Christian circles, Jehovah's Witnesses are considered a cult, so be careful how you talk about it.
BabySnoopy
Full Member
oh yea! i ended up leaving LOL and def would frame it in the manner of growing up in a cult and then leaving it
I think that’s a pretty interesting story that is very unique and it’s your story! I think it’s a great idea
neurotic-neuro
Full Member
What about for the college? Do they mean like College of Natural Sciences or the name of the university/college you took the course at?I listed exactly what appeared on my college transcript, the official course title. My school did the same with biochemistry.
Randomguy128
Full Member
OOS II! Complete 7/8
+1 OOS complete 7/6
PreMedNeurotic
Full Member
It's a year long process. Just do it.Im OOS with a LizzyM of 73, do ya'll think its too late for me to shoot my shot for Dartmouth or will it be a donation at this point?
Congrats! When did you submit and what's your LM, if you don't mind me asking?OOS II now
Submitted July 2 LM 77Congrats! When did you submit and what's your LM, if you don't mind me asking?
+1 OOS II Complete 7/3 LM 83
If its been several weeks since my primary was verified and sent and I have yet to receive a secondary should I assume I will not be receiving one?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1194271
id email them, they send a secondary as long as you have a 503 mcat and some gpa requirementIf its been several weeks since my primary was verified and sent and I have yet to receive a secondary should I assume I will not be receiving one?
D
deleted1125342
just got an interview invite but I don't see any available dates?
intheguesthouse
Full Member
+1 OOS II Complete 7/10 I think
D
deleted1125342
Does anyone know if we're put at a disadvantage if we can't participate in the geisel conversations zoom session w/ current students?
Does anyone know if we're put at a disadvantage if we can't participate in the geisel conversations zoom session w/ current students?
Are these open to everyone? Or just interview invitees?