You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 Dartmouth (Geisel)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
just completed my interview today, it was least stressfull ive had yet.Has anyone completed the interview yet? How was it?
docjflowers
Full Member
OOS II! Complete 7/12 LM 73. Does anyone know if they open up more days? I am working internationally next week and will have poor wifi but they only had one date
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
OOS II! Complete 7/12 LM 73. Does anyone know if they open up more days? I am working internationally next week and will have poor wifi but they only had one date
+1 OOS II, Complete 7/12 LM 74. I also cannot do the one day they have open so I imagine they probably will open up more days (hopefully). Maybe we call/email tomorrow or friday if it hasn't changed by then?
D
deleted1195850
wow, congratulations! if you don't mind me asking, did you just receive the email prior to making this post?+1 OOS II, Complete 7/12 LM 74. I also cannot do the one day they have open so I imagine they probably will open up more days (hopefully). Maybe we call/email tomorrow or friday if it hasn't changed by then?
Received it around 7pm EST!wow, congratulations! if you don't mind me asking, did you just receive the email prior to making this post?
docjflowers
Full Member
Hi! they opened up more dates!+1 OOS II, Complete 7/12 LM 74. I also cannot do the one day they have open so I imagine they probably will open up more days (hopefully). Maybe we call/email tomorrow or friday if it hasn't changed by then?
+1 OOS II! Submitted 7/16 😊
chouchouchurros
Full Member
Hi! For someone who has finished the interview: how was the “group exercise”? Feeling most anxious about that part. Also based on MSAR data, is it reasonable to say that Geisel has a pretty low interview to acceptance rate? Does anyone have more info from the orientation? Thanks!
The group exercise really isn’t that bad. Just be respectful and don’t interrupt others. Admit.org say Dartmouth has a 42% post ii acceptance rateHi! For someone who has finished the interview: how was the “group exercise”? Feeling most anxious about that part. Also based on MSAR data, is it reasonable to say that Geisel has a pretty low interview to acceptance rate? Does anyone have more info from the orientation? Thanks!
o_OfroggyO_o
Full Member
sorry but where can i find the post ii acceptance rate on admit.org? i can’t seem to find but maybe because i’m on mobileThe group exercise really isn’t that bad. Just be respectful and don’t interrupt others. Admit.org say Dartmouth has a 42% post ii acceptance rate
Go to school statistics and turn phone sideways and scrollsorry but where can i find the post ii acceptance rate on admit.org? i can’t seem to find but maybe because i’m on mobile
chouchouchurros
Full Member
Thanks for the info! Yes I saw that too, but the class size is only 92 and they interviewed 648 last year. Do they eventually give like more than 200 offers?The group exercise really isn’t that bad. Just be respectful and don’t interrupt others. Admit.org say Dartmouth has a 42% post ii acceptance rate
According to admit.org data they interviewed 646 and offered admission to 272Thanks for the info! Yes I saw that too, but the class size is only 92 and they interviewed 648 last year. Do they eventually give like more than 200 offers?
Also, they’ve upped the class size to 96 this year!Thanks for the info! Yes I saw that too, but the class size is only 92 and they interviewed 648 last year. Do they eventually give like more than 200 offers?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Looking at last years thread, either you hear back right away on 10/15 or you will have to wait until 2025 for your descisionChances of hearing from Dartmouth on October 15 or close to it if I interviewed early September? Are they quick or do they take awhile?
Great 😂 thanks for the insightLooking at last years thread, either you hear back right away on 10/15 or you will have to wait until 2025 for your descision
intheguesthouse
Full Member
Im pretty sure they said decisions start to trickle in beginning on the 15th.Chances of hearing from Dartmouth on October 15 or close to it if I interviewed early September? Are they quick or do they take awhile?
Got an II earlier this morning, complete 7/26 🙂
barbiedoc07
Full Member
OOS A at 11:45am today!!!!!!!!! Interviewed 8/22. This is the best day of my life😭
congrats! was it an email or a call?OOS A at 11:45am today!!!!!!!!! Interviewed 8/22. This is the best day of my life😭
Looks like the rest of us won't hear back until march 🤪
barbiedoc07
Full Member
email 🙂congrats! was it an email or a call?
Randomguy128
Full Member
+1 OOS A!! Looks like they are sending the emails one at a time!
Congrats!!! would you mind sharing your interview date?+1 OOS A!! Looks like they are sending the emails one at a time!
looking at last year, there were quite a bit of As on 10/16 from people with iis late august through early sept. There was a second wave of As on 11/1 for late sept and early October interviewsLooks like the rest of us won't hear back until march 🤪
Randomguy128
Full Member
9/12Congrats!!! would you mind sharing your interview date?
Did you just get it around the time you posted this?+1 OOS A!! Looks like they are sending the emails one at a time!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is everybody getting A's at the same time or is it rolling throughout the day?
Congrats man! Would you mind sharing you Interview date so I can understand just how cooked I am?BROOOOO I GOT IN I GOT INNNNN +1A email received at 2:13 pm
D
deleted1082311
no worries! 09/12 I believe? They did say they will accept like a small batch of folks today and then compare people to folks from later interviews and accept throughout the cycle so I don't think it means WL immediately!Congrats man! Would you mind sharing you Interview date so I can understand just how cooked I am?
intheguesthouse
Full Member
+1 A Interviewed 9/12
tryingmyverybest
Full Member
+1 OOS pre II R - LM 77
does anyone know if this school offers feedback on why they rejected u?
does anyone know if this school offers feedback on why they rejected u?
OOS Pre II R as well
D
deleted1193601
OOS pre-II R 🙁
Iron Man23
M.D. Class of 2029
OOS pre-II R. Why did Rochester and Dartmouth reject me on the day of acceptances. They could’ve done it yesterday with Stanford.
They’re like the grinch trying to steal Christmas smhOOS pre-II R. Why did Rochester and Dartmouth reject me on the day of acceptances. They could’ve done it yesterday with Stanford.
+1 OOS R
tigers4lifee
New Member
Congrats everyone on the As!!! To anyone else that interviewed 08/22 and still waiting to hear anything, how are you staying positive? I know the cycle is so long but this process is not for the weak!
serenesloth
Full Member
+1 pre-II OOS R 🙁 complete 7/4
Last edited:
BabySnoopy
Full Member
For those who are getting Rs can you say your complete date so we know if it’s going in order? Thank you [emoji1666][emoji1666] (I wish you the best of luck elsewhere)
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
OOS Pre-II R, complete 7/3
If you look on admit you can see the complete dates, it p much seems like they're going in orderFor those who are getting Rs can you say your complete date so we know if it’s going in order? Thank you [emoji1666][emoji1666] (I wish you the best of luck elsewhere)
BabySnoopy
Full Member
If you look on admit you can see the complete dates, it p much seems like they're going in order
good idea thank you!
ButterflySparky
Full Member
@Atenolol Hii!!
Thanks for jumping in the thread and offering to help! In general how do you like Geisel? Is the student body nice/helpful? The professors approachable?
I am super interested in Dartmouth and would love to know anything you think sets it apart from other med schools you maybe considered? Also I know Dartmouth is known to favor earlier applicants from what I have read and I was marked complete Sept 9. Do you think that that puts me at a disadvantage/ruined my shot?
Thanks!
Thanks for jumping in the thread and offering to help! In general how do you like Geisel? Is the student body nice/helpful? The professors approachable?
I am super interested in Dartmouth and would love to know anything you think sets it apart from other med schools you maybe considered? Also I know Dartmouth is known to favor earlier applicants from what I have read and I was marked complete Sept 9. Do you think that that puts me at a disadvantage/ruined my shot?
Thanks!