2024-2025 Duke

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi All! Happy Saturday 🙂
Does when you receive an interview have any bearing on the admissions decision? Ex. Interviewing later in their cycle indicates a waitlist at best? I’m assuming since Duke uses rolling admissions, the answer to this is no it has no bearing.
 
Hi All! Happy Saturday 🙂
Does when you receive an interview have any bearing on the admissions decision? Ex. Interviewing later in their cycle indicates a waitlist at best? I’m assuming since Duke uses rolling admissions, the answer to this is no it has no bearing.
Duke's decisions for post-interview admissions are non-rolling and just speaking from personal experience, I strongly suspect it makes no difference (this applies to merit scholarships, too). Last year I got my II on 1/19, two days before the final interview day on 1/21, and I genuinely think I was the very last person they sent an II in that cycle.
 
Last edited:
Duke's admissions for interview decisions are non-rolling and just speaking from personal experience, I strongly suspect it makes no difference (this applies to merit scholarships, too). Last year I got my II on 1/19, two days before the final interview day on 1/21, and I genuinely think I was the very last person they sent an II.

Amazing, thank you!!
 
In the pre-interview info session, they said they added an extra interview round for next week, so there's that. But also they called me as a last-minute invite and they wanted to get it scheduled asap... so maybe a couple spots left but I wouldn't count on it.
Does that mean Duke is over with II?
 
when in Feb do you think we'll hear?
the dean said during a recent interview session that they are aiming for the weeks of February 17th or 24th for decisions - I wish we knew the exact date though bc my sleep quality is going to be terrible for those few weeks!

Historically:
2024: Feb 21st (Wednesday) ~12-3 EST
2023: Feb 16th (Thursday) ~12-2 EST
2022: Feb 18th (Friday) ~12-6 EST
2021: Feb 26th (Friday) ~12-2 EST

tldr most likely 2/17-2/28 towards the middle-end of the week.
 
Last edited:
the dean said during a recent interview session that they are aiming for the weeks of February 17th or 24th for decisions - I wish we knew the exact date though bc my sleep quality is going to be terrible for those few weeks!

Historically:
2024: Feb 21st (Wednesday) ~12-3 EST
2023: Feb 16th (Thursday) ~12-2 EST
2022: Feb 18th (Friday) ~12-6 EST
2021: Feb 26th (Friday) ~12-2 EST

tldr most likely 2/17-2/28 towards the middle-end of the week. Most calls are from 12-2 EST.
belugaagoat
 
the dean said during a recent interview session that they are aiming for the weeks of February 17th or 24th for decisions - I wish we knew the exact date though bc my sleep quality is going to be terrible for those few weeks!

Historically:
2024: Feb 21st (Wednesday) ~12-3 EST
2023: Feb 16th (Thursday) ~12-2 EST
2022: Feb 18th (Friday) ~12-6 EST
2021: Feb 26th (Friday) ~12-2 EST

tldr most likely 2/17-2/28 towards the middle-end of the week. Most calls are from 12-2 EST.
goat 🙏🏿 want to add on though A LOT of people report not getting a call but then getting the A email, so its kinda weird
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I heard from some current students that this week was supposed to be the last week of interviews, but they might be adding 1 more week (probably next week?)
 
1737748209339.png

Me with my phone like...
 
Happy Friday 🙂 Quick question- is the Sunday evening information session evaluative? My apologies if this has been asked before!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi All, hope you're having a great start to the week! I was wondering if anyone walked away feeling unsure of their performance. 7/10 stations went well, but 3 I felt could have been better. Hoping I'm not alone in feeling this way! Also happy to speak privately about this.
No fr some of the questions were pretty challenging and a couple of the raters were definitely taking an antagonistic stance. They were trying to throw us off but I bet you did better than you think!!!
 
No fr some of the questions were pretty challenging and a couple of the raters were definitely taking an antagonistic stance. They were trying to throw us off but I bet you did better than you think!!!
I thought it was just me but I had two raters who had very strong opinions on the prompt, definitely threw me off for fear of being "wrong" 🙂
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
i heard that they might not really read update letters/letters of interest after the post-II 1 week mark but what if you legit have huge significant updates? Like a 1-2 publications getting accepted at a huge journal in addition to similarly significant updates on the community service/clinical side as well, etc? any chance they'll read it? and if so, could that change someone's 'ranking/score' that they assign post-II? esp if you interviewed like over 5 months ago? 😭
 
i heard that they might not really read update letters/letters of interest after the post-II 1 week mark but what if you legit have huge significant updates? Like a 1-2 publications getting accepted at a huge journal in addition to similarly significant updates on the community service/clinical side as well, etc? any chance they'll read it? and if so, could that change someone's 'ranking/score' that they assign post-II? esp if you interviewed like over 5 months ago? 😭
the portal wont let you submit if its more than 1 week post-interview