You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 Duke
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Chickenpotpiesoup
Full Member
OOS II just now! Complete 7/30
doggydog210
Full Member
OOS II! Complete 7/31
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
if we have pre-ii updates that fall into multiple categories (i.e. both accepted pubs and service awards), how should we categorize our update letter in the duke application portal?
littlemoon520
Full Member
OOS II, complete 8/3!!!! Oh my word I really thought I was cooked since I got 2 waitlists from my only two interviews pre-thanksgiving...
D
deleted1180326
SDN last yr has an II on 1/18, hang in there! They interview until mid-late Jan and only schedule 1-2 weeks in advance!Any insights on until when they extend II? per cycle track, last year last II was 12/7.... so sad 😭 please give me a chance to impress you!
D
deleted1116227
did you send an update by any chance?Last year I got my II on 1/19, two days before the final interview day on 1/21. I genuinely think I was the very last person they sent an II lol, Duke runs their cycle up until the very last interview day at the end of Jan.
I didn't, but my application was a little bit of an edge case because I submitted their secondary on the deadline day in November, so I was probably in the last batch they reviewed.did you send an update by any chance?
D
deleted1184116
does anyone know what email we should send thank you notes to post-ii? is it just the duke med one?
thefakesleeper
Full Member
[email protected]does anyone know what email we should send thank you notes to post-ii? is it just the duke med one?
newkungfukenny
Full Member
TYPEyall are not going to believe this but I just got a OOS II with a nov submission 🤯🤯
You up next my boyyou and @newkungfukenny are feeding me insane amounts of copium rn — congrats!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does Duke review LORs before determining IIs, or are they like some schools that only consider them afterward?
neuroscience2024
Full Member
I am not sure if the screener reviews them but the committee member who presents your application post interview does review themDoes Duke review LORs before determining IIs, or are they like some schools that only consider them afterward?
treepuzzle
New Member
During my interview in October, the dean said to submit all update letters/letters of interest within a week or two of the interview. They said they make a decision on your file within 2-3 weeks of your interview and don’t typically reopen files. Sorry 🙁Why does it say this at the bottom of the portal?
"Files may still be uploaded after application submission up until one week after an MD interview."
I submitted a Post-Interview update right after my interview back in September, and I wanted to sent a letter of continued interest/intent in December/January. Does this mean Duke does not take letters of interest? Maybe I'm misunderstanding this message.
@treepuzzle is correct, unfortunately. It’s great that you got your update letter in, though! And the good news is that letters of interest don’t really have an impact pre-WL, so you’re still golden 🙂Why does it say this at the bottom of the portal?
"Files may still be uploaded after application submission up until one week after an MD interview."
I submitted a Post-Interview update right after my interview back in September, and I wanted to sent a letter of continued interest/intent in December/January. Does this mean Duke does not take letters of interest? Maybe I'm misunderstanding this message.
newkungfukenny
Full Member
Wait so if I interviewed 12/03 can I submit an update by tmr?😭 I recalled them saying 1 week tbh but I did not realize a decision was made that fastDuring my interview in October, the dean said to submit all update letters/letters of interest within a week or two of the interview. They said they make a decision on your file within 2-3 weeks of your interview and don’t typically reopen files. Sorry 🙁
D
deleted1184116
I wish they just told us after they made that decision instead of dragging it out for 2 months 😢During my interview in October, the dean said to submit all update letters/letters of interest within a week or two of the interview. They said they make a decision on your file within 2-3 weeks of your interview and don’t typically reopen files. Sorry 🙁
i'm gonna be so heartbroken if they reject me after fantasizing about getting in for 4 months lolI wish they just told us after they made that decision instead of dragging it out for 2 months 😢
Chickenpotpiesoup
Full Member
I could be wrong but my guess is they decide on a score and then rank by score at the end which is why we don't hear back sooner? IdkI wish they just told us after they made that decision instead of dragging it out for 2 months 😢
AnxiousRaccoon
New Member
Has anyone been through the Duke PCLT application process?
newkungfukenny
Full Member
Brooooo u r him😭😭😭II just now, complete 11/15 lol
D
deleted1194639
OOS II, complete on 11/15 !!!
Legitimately laughing so hard right now @newkungfukenny twins baby
Legitimately laughing so hard right now @newkungfukenny twins baby
Final boss of interview harvestingi learn from the best 🫡🫡🫡
dayoneofmedicine
Full Member
I have some pre-II updates to share (secondary app was complete in August, have not received an II yet), but I looked on Duke's site re: update policies and it said, "You are welcome to submit application updates with your secondary application. We will allow publications that have been accepted, elections to honorary societies, service or travel awards, and any updates to your application that were not submitted in your original application including academic or social infractions that would adversely affect your application. To make an application update, please go to your secondary application 'additional consideration' section and upload updates there."
Just to confirm, does that means there are no updates accepted between secondary application submission and getting an II? My upload portal is active but I'm not sure if that's for post-II updates only. TIA.
Just to confirm, does that means there are no updates accepted between secondary application submission and getting an II? My upload portal is active but I'm not sure if that's for post-II updates only. TIA.
You can send pre-II updates! According to MSARI have some pre-II updates to share (secondary app was complete in August, have not received an II yet), but I looked on Duke's site re: update policies and it said, "You are welcome to submit application updates with your secondary application. We will allow publications that have been accepted, elections to honorary societies, service or travel awards, and any updates to your application that were not submitted in your original application including academic or social infractions that would adversely affect your application. To make an application update, please go to your secondary application 'additional consideration' section and upload updates there."
Just to confirm, does that means there are no updates accepted between secondary application submission and getting an II? My upload portal is active but I'm not sure if that's for post-II updates only. TIA.
D
deleted1184116
pre-II has no limits, so go for it!I have some pre-II updates to share (secondary app was complete in August, have not received an II yet), but I looked on Duke's site re: update policies and it said, "You are welcome to submit application updates with your secondary application. We will allow publications that have been accepted, elections to honorary societies, service or travel awards, and any updates to your application that were not submitted in your original application including academic or social infractions that would adversely affect your application. To make an application update, please go to your secondary application 'additional consideration' section and upload updates there."
Just to confirm, does that means there are no updates accepted between secondary application submission and getting an II? My upload portal is active but I'm not sure if that's for post-II updates only. TIA.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
dayoneofmedicine
Full Member
Thank you! @belugaa and @kobewankenobi66
D
deleted1082311
welp this wasn't on my bingo card; OOS II
WINNABLE !!!welp this wasn't on my bingo card; OOS II
truthwarrior
Full Member
congrats! did u submit update?welp this wasn't on my bingo card; OOS II
D
deleted1082311
yeah like a month agocongrats! did u submit update?
Incredible belated Christmas gift! 🎁 Congratulations!OOS II!
D
deleted1125342
Approximately when is Duke finished sending out interview invites? I recall seeing a date somewhere but I'm forgetting it now :'(
I believe it's until ~mid Jan typically because decisions come out in late FebApproximately when is Duke finished sending out interview invites? I recall seeing a date somewhere but I'm forgetting it now :'(
aguacatemelon
Full Member
Congrats! Did you send any updates before the invite?OOS II, didn't expect it
pi-astronaut
pi-astronaut
when were you complete?OOS II, didn't expect it
D
deleted1194639
Does anyone know if we're allowed to take notes while reviewing the MMI prompt?
forumskeptic
Full Member
Yes you are!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Should I lose hope for Duke 🙁
D
deleted1180326
is there anyway to send a letter of interest/intent, even tho they dont accept updates after the 1 week mark? 😭
D
deleted1082311
Out of curiosity, what did people wear for the info session?
redexpomarker
Full Member
I wore business professional (blazer), but it says business casual on the invitation.Out of curiosity, what did people wear for the info session?
Dr.Dees
Full Member
Out of curiosity, what did people wear for the info session?
Is there a link for the info session?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K