You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2025-2026 Duke
Started by chilly_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Absolutely - I interviewed a few weeks back and they said they were only in the first 1/3 of interviews!Any hope still for an II from duke? I've gotten nothing but silence from them/
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
thorf1nn
Full Member
Just an anecdote from my experience. I submitted a research update under "any additional details that were not included in the AMCAS Application," and I got a II the very next day. It could just be a coincidence, but I'll take it.Would love to hear others' thoughts, but unless you have a publication that has been accepted, I would not update them on this... reason being, in the portal, these are the options for updates (they specify publications that have been accepted but not other research updates)...
View attachment 411872
Last edited:
+1 OOS II. LM 75. Submitted ...11/15 💀
Congrats, and with submission on the deadline!!! You must have some "x-factor" type that triggered such a quick review of the app+1 OOS II. LM 75. Submitted ...11/15 💀
Last edited:
Thank you! I can assure you that I don't have anything truly ridiculous like an Olympic medal lol. I'm genuinely surprised and grateful at how my cycle has progressed so far, considering my MCAT is below the median at many of the places where I've received II's and I didn't go to a selective college (I swear Reddit/old SDN forms will basically claim these make you DOA at half the schools in the country).Congrats, and with submission on the deadline!!! You must have some "x-factor" type that triggered such a quick review of the app
If anything, I prioritized undertaking activities that I genuinely enjoy rather than doing things solely for "pre-med." I guess that sounds cliche, but I think that my passion, my reasons for doing things, my goals, etc., are conveyed clearly in my writing, compared to someone who may not have a coherent story that explains how they got to where they are today? Just a guess though.
Thanks for the info. No other special factors like URM, underserved, or national scholarships or like that would've triggered fast tracking through schools like Duke? It's quite unusual to go through review and receive ii in less than four weeks, but it may also be timing!!!Thank you! I can assure you that I don't have anything truly ridiculous like an Olympic medal lol. I'm genuinely surprised and grateful at how my cycle has progressed so far, considering my MCAT is below the median at many of the places where I've received II's and I didn't go to a selective college (I swear Reddit/old SDN forms will basically claim these make you DOA at half the schools in the country).
If anything, I prioritized undertaking activities that I genuinely enjoy rather than doing things solely for "pre-med." I guess that sounds cliche, but I think that my passion, my reasons for doing things, my goals, etc., are conveyed clearly in my writing, compared to someone who may not have a coherent story that explains how they got to where they are today? Just a guess though.
I would specify further, but I also don't want to dox myself (sorry). I'll mention that I'm not URM.Thanks for the info. No other special factors like URM, underserved, or national scholarships or like that would've triggered fast tracking through schools like Duke? It's quite unusual to go through review and receive ii in less than four weeks, but it may also be timing!!!
I've heard that Duke genuinely reads every application and is quite holistic, and they stop holding interviews in mid-to-late January. I'd imagine that they are going through the later submissions now, and so I don't think I've specifically been fast-tracked or anything.
thanks, your not answering it actually gave me the infoI would specify further, but I also don't want to dox myself (sorry). I'll mention that I'm not URM.
I've heard that Duke genuinely reads every application and is quite holistic, and they stop holding interviews in mid-to-late January. I'd imagine that they are going through the later submissions now, and so I don't think I've specifically been fast-tracked or anything.
Nah I think I just phrased it weirdly 😭 I’m just a regular person lolthanks, your not answering it actually gave me the info
Yeah DOA = dead on arrival, though I might not have been clear. I’m sure those factors help. My point was, I think many schools are genuinely more holistic than what some folks give them credit for.What does DOA mean? Dead on arrival? lol. And are you saying high stats and selective college has negative impact?
Especially nowadays, I’m grateful to be in a field where my essays are actually being read and acknowledged by a real, empathetic person (hopefully) rather than being scanned/filtered by AI lol.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
morak
Full Member
Where did you hear they stop holding interviews in mid Jan? Afaik Duke usually runs pretty late in its interview cycleI would specify further, but I also don't want to dox myself (sorry). I'll mention that I'm not URM.
I've heard that Duke genuinely reads every application and is quite holistic, and they stop holding interviews in mid-to-late January. I'd imagine that they are going through the later submissions now, and so I don't think I've specifically been fast-tracked or anything.
WebsiteWhere did you hear they stop holding interviews in mid Jan? Afaik Duke usually runs pretty late in its interview cycle
On admit last year ii toward end of January. Maybe it’s different this year?Website
My II email mentioned that "interviews will begin in September and will conclude in mid to late January."Where did you hear they stop holding interviews in mid Jan? Afaik Duke usually runs pretty late in its interview cycle
That was also the timeline given on last year's Accepted admissions podcast + I think also the website.
morak
Full Member
ah ok, thanksMy II email mentioned that "interviews will begin in September and will conclude in mid to late January."
That was also the timeline given on last year's Accepted admissions podcast + I think also the website.
Are all decisions given out post all interviews completing? I recall the podcast implying that early submitters/interviewers have a better shot.. maybe I misheard?
yup, one big wave end of feb.Are all decisions given out post all interviews completing? I recall the podcast implying that early submitters/interviewers have a better shot.. maybe I misheard?
gratingcinder77
Full Member
pretty sure they only send out Rs the day after they send out As, which is historically all together in late Febany pre-II R’s yet?
gratingcinder77
Full Member
Their IIs seem to be moving slowly compared to last year on admit and cycletrack... wondering if (praying) there'll really be a significant number of IIs sent out in the next month...My II email mentioned that "interviews will begin in September and will conclude in mid to late January."
That was also the timeline given on last year's Accepted admissions podcast + I think also the website.
what do interview dates look like? into jan?OOS II this afternoon! Complete 7/26
2nd week of Januarywhat do interview dates look like? into jan?
daredevil.
Full Member
^ rly wanna go here
insane day, 2 Rs and an II from here! complete 8/15
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
End of Feb, hold tightWhen we expecting decisions btw?
cubsfan2016
Full Member
+1 OOS II 1/22/25. At this point, I'm wondering if II timing matters at all for acceptance chances. Any thoughts?
cubsfan2016
Full Member
This upcoming week 1/26-1/30when r they scheduling for?
I was in the very last II wave because I submitted their secondary right before the deadline. At least in my experience, the II timing made no difference on either acceptance or merit scholarship chances.At this point, I'm wondering if II timing matters at all for acceptance chances. Any thoughts?
When was that last wave if you don’t mind? Thanks!I was in the very last II wave because I submitted their secondary right before the deadline. At least in my experience, the II timing made no difference on either acceptance or merit scholarship chances.
I think it has more to do with the strength of your application but timing can help or hurt a little bitI was in the very last II wave because I submitted their secondary right before the deadline. At least in my experience, the II timing made no difference on either acceptance or merit scholarship chances.
It was the 3rd Friday of January, so the II wave yesterday was probably the last wave for the last set of interviews next week.When was that last wave if you don’t mind? Thanks!
cubsfan2016
Full Member
They said feb 22-23 at my interview on 1/30, which I believe was the last interview day of the cycle. The wait has been much shorter for me thankfully, but equally as anxious! See you in a couple weeks 🙂So anxious for the end of February! I'm guessing we're going to hear back on around feb24th just based on the trend last year? Interviewed back in December and the wait has been killing me :'))
jumpingdog278
New Member
Anyone have an idea when MSTP decisions will be released?
dustycrusader
Full Member
Hi fellow neurotic crazy people! Although some folks have mentioned that the admissions team specified 22nd-23rd for decisions (and they are probs accurate) I put together a list of release dates for the last few years bc i have no better use of my time :/
2025 - Monday, February 24th
2024 - Wednesday, February 21st
2023 - Thursday, February 16th
2022 - Friday, February 18th
2021 - Friday, February 26th
2025 - Monday, February 24th
2024 - Wednesday, February 21st
2023 - Thursday, February 16th
2022 - Friday, February 18th
2021 - Friday, February 26th
wannabedoctor0129
Full Member
Anyone wanna take bets? I am thinking Monday afternoon.Hi fellow neurotic crazy people! Although some folks have mentioned that the admissions team specified 22nd-23rd for decisions (and they are probs accurate) I put together a list of release dates for the last few years bc i have no better use of my time :/
2025 - Monday, February 24th
2024 - Wednesday, February 21st
2023 - Thursday, February 16th
2022 - Friday, February 18th
2021 - Friday, February 26th
rapidturtoise87
Full Member
I'm thinking Sunday, keep us on our feet.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
bffrI'm thinking Sunday, keep us on our feet.
redditnoap
Full Member
Putting all my money on red (Monday 1/23)
jumpingdog278
New Member
Uhh…absolutely zero lol acceptances likely being sent out early next week. They send out all rejections pre-II around acceptanceswhat are the odds that they are still sending out interview invites lol?
justletmeinpls
New Member
what time do they usually start calling?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K