2024-2025 Howard

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
was gonna send an update letter but I just saw they said "all applications have been reviewed" so no point ig?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
congrats! when did you get the reviewed email
Thank you! Pretty late. January 21st. Because i am in a masters program that allows us to take our test at a later (January) date so i submitted everything after I got my first semester grades. Submitted my secondaries a few days after my mcat.
 
How many interviews does Howard conduct and any advice?
I would say based off of previous experience be yourself and stay confident! Remember aspects of your AMCAS and secondary, and also remember to keep it conversational and ask questions yourself as you go. You got this <3
 
Question -- according to Admit.org Howard usually admits ~300 students, and the Howard 2029 FB group has like 101 ppl, is that the people that have committed to the school or just general ppl who got in? Bc the number of the group has went down (and yeah I memorized it bc I've been praying for something daily LMAO)
 
Question -- according to Admit.org Howard usually admits ~300 students, and the Howard 2029 FB group has like 101 ppl, is that the people that have committed to the school or just general ppl who got in? Bc the number of the group has went down (and yeah I memorized it bc I've been praying for something daily LMAO)
I think the FB is for all the admitted students (and some administrators), but if the number is going down, it might mean that some students are committing elsewhere
 
Is there more interviews going out? This is still my stop choice
Yes! HUCM sent out an email that stated after spring break, they'll be sending out more invites. They said they're using the break to go thru the apps and have Match Week after so it'll take a bit. I expect they'll be sending them out til April. They did that last yr
 
Question -- according to Admit.org Howard usually admits ~300 students, and the Howard 2029 FB group has like 101 ppl, is that the people that have committed to the school or just general ppl who got in? Bc the number of the group has went down (and yeah I memorized it bc I've been praying for something daily LMAO)
Whats the FB group? I haven't been able to find it through a google search
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone get a confirmation from Howard that they received your update letter/LOI? I sent a letter of interest to the admissions email, so hopefully that's where we send the letter?
 
Hey guys! How are we doing? Really hoping that they’re still going to send out interview invites. Does anyone get interviews in March/April?
I’m nervous but still am holding out hope! In previous cycles and on their website, they state they can send out interviews until April. They also sent an email a couple days ago stating they plan to send out final interviews after they wind down from spring break and match week! It’s not over til it’s over!
 
Howard does accept update letters? Must be pretty late with checking other med schools - I thought Howard doesn’t accept Update letters but I guess they do? Will send one over.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Been under review since 9/23 😵 and zilch sad, with it being an HBCU I feel as thought it would have been a life changing experience especially with how I've grown up. I'm Canadian, so that makes it even more unfortunate. I'm keeping my fingers crossed, but ...
I know that I can come off as a really optimistic person but there really is no other way to endure such an anxiety-inducing cycle like this one. Keep your head up : ) you never know! They're still sending them til April so keep holding on! I also hold Canadian citizenship but applied here in the US-- let's go fellow Canadians!!
 
I know that I can come off as a really optimistic person but there really is no other way to endure such an anxiety-inducing cycle like this one. Keep your head up : ) you never know! They're still sending them til April so keep holding on! I also hold Canadian citizenship but applied here in the US-- let's go fellow Canadians!!
AA thank you 🙂 I really resonated with school, but when I attended the First Friday session it turned out they had like 4-5 international students as MS1s ...
 
AA thank you 🙂 I really resonated with school, but when I attended the First Friday session it turned out they had like 4-5 international students as MS1s ...
Yes!! I noticed that too when I attended, it’s not impossible and fingers crossed you will get in. And if you don’t it’s only up from here! Keep your head up, the right med school will accept you fully and will be proud to have you as one of their students! Lets hope Howard can send out those IIs soon following match week prep!