2024-2025 Jefferson (Sidney Kimmel)

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

wysdoc

Plain-spoken Texan
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
2024-2025 Jefferson (Sidney Kimmel) Secondary Essay Prompts
1. Sidney Kimmel Medical College
defines diversity as the richness in human differences. How will your own experiences allow you to contribute to the diversity of the student body and to provide equitable and inclusive care to your future patients? (2500 characters)

2. Do you have additional information that you would like to provide at this time? (4000 characters)


Interview News:
All interviews for the 2025 Admissions Cycle will be conducted in-person Thomas Jefferson University - Sidney Kimmel Medical College, 1015 Walnut Street, Suite 110, Philadelphia, PA.

Good luck to all applying!
Interview Feedback:
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
1. Sidney Kimmel Medical College defines diversity as the richness in human differences. How will your own experiences allow you to contribute to the diversity of the student body and to provide equitable and inclusive care to your future patients? (2500 characters)

2. Do you have additional information that you would like to provide at this time? (4000 characters)

@wysdoc
 
1. Sidney Kimmel Medical College defines diversity as the richness in human differences. How will your own experiences allow you to contribute to the diversity of the student body and to provide equitable and inclusive care to your future patients? (2500 characters)

2. Do you have additional information that you would like to provide at this time? (4000 characters)

@wysdoc
no changes love it
 
How is everyone approaching question 2? "Why Us" essay, challenge essay, or something different?
wanted to use it as a why us. this is one of the schools I haven't prewritten. Im not too sure how to talk for 4000 characters about that though so I am undecided
 
How is everyone approaching question 2? "Why Us" essay, challenge essay, or something different?

Bored 2023-2024 applicant who got a II here —> HPWL —> R. I used the entire thing as a why us, but there’s many other ways to fill this question. I think if there’s anything you want to tell them that isn’t in your primary/secondaries (challenge, gap year activities, other things not mentioned, etc) put it here, then with the rest of the space write a why us. No wrong answer here and I don’t think they are trying to trick anyone 🙂

Also an FYI, SKMC averages MCAT attempts instead of taking the highest so def keep that in mind. I think bc of this my app was initially in the pre-II R pile then taken back in after sending an update letter, but what do I know.
 
SKMC averages MCAT attempts instead of taking the highest
Where did you hear this? On their website, they only give the average class MCAT score, nothing about how they review scores. If anything they would simply look at trends and stuff.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Where did you hear this? On their website, they only give the average class MCAT score, nothing about how they review scores. If anything they would simply look at trends and stuff.

Went to 2 of their open houses (last cycle and last last cycle) and that’s what they said. Really wish they would include this info somewhere else for transparency. But might be worth reaching out to see if this has changed
 
For some reason in the portal it says my Letter of References has not been submitted even though my letter packet shows up on the "document received tab" is this the same for anyone else?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is the SAT score thing required? I haven't got the secondary yet and don't know how to look up my SAT score. I took the SAT ~8-9 years ago.
 
Hi, I was wondering if anyone knows if the letters of recommendation have to be 1 biology, 1 chemistry, 1 physics, and 1 humanities. On their website, it just says they prefer it, but it doesn't say it's required. But then it also says you can request an exemption in the optional section of the secondary so I'm a little confused.
 
does anyone know if you can submit without SAT and ACT scores? applied to all colleges test optional without taking them bc covid kept pushing back all the exam dates. never thought that would impact applying to med school?
 
does anyone know if you can submit without SAT and ACT scores? applied to all colleges test optional without taking them bc covid kept pushing back all the exam dates. never thought that would impact applying to med school?
Wondering the same thing, It's been ages since I even thought about the SAT.
 
My individual letters were all submitted, and says received under the document status tab, but on the overall status it says LORs not received?
 
Did anyone approach the first prompt as a Why Us? I was a bit confused with the additional wording of providing inclusive care to patients.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
does anyone know if you can submit without SAT and ACT scores? applied to all colleges test optional without taking them bc covid kept pushing back all the exam dates. never thought that would impact applying to med school?
Is there an answer to this? I was going to email admissions but I'll hold off on it if it's possible to leave it blank...
 
Is it worth to apply if they average your MCAT scores? I got a 497 first try and retook for a 510, so wondering if its even worth it since my averaged scores are well below their ranges