-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 Jefferson (Sidney Kimmel)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
You never took them so you clearly can't submit any scores. If the form doesn't allow a blank space either email the school or enter 000does anyone know if you can submit without SAT and ACT scores? applied to all colleges test optional without taking them bc covid kept pushing back all the exam dates. never thought that would impact applying to med school?
Do you think it would be useful to use this section as a "how i improved as a re-applicant essay" and tie the things i've done into a "why SKMC" essay?Bored 2023-2024 applicant who got a II here —> HPWL —> R. I used the entire thing as a why us, but there’s many other ways to fill this question. I think if there’s anything you want to tell them that isn’t in your primary/secondaries (challenge, gap year activities, other things not mentioned, etc) put it here, then with the rest of the space write a why us. No wrong answer here and I don’t think they are trying to trick anyone 🙂
Also an FYI, SKMC averages MCAT attempts instead of taking the highest so def keep that in mind. I think bc of this my app was initially in the pre-II R pile then taken back in after sending an update letter, but what do I know.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For the letter of recommendations section, it asks to choose the type(s?) of LORs sent. I marked on AMCAS to deliver a composite letter from my prehealth advising office at my university as well as an additional individual non-faculty letter. Does anybody know what I should select here?
bumblebee123456789
Full Member
Bored 2023-2024 applicant who got a II here —> HPWL —> R. I used the entire thing as a why us, but there’s many other ways to fill this question. I think if there’s anything you want to tell them that isn’t in your primary/secondaries (challenge, gap year activities, other things not mentioned, etc) put it here, then with the rest of the space write a why us. No wrong answer here and I don’t think they are trying to trick anyone 🙂
Also an FYI, SKMC averages MCAT attempts instead of taking the highest so def keep that in mind. I think bc of this my app was initially in the pre-II R pile then taken back in after sending an update letter, but what do I know.
Fellow bored 2023-2024 applicant. Was accepted here, and i wrote about my COVID experience for this essay i believe. The further we get from COVID, the less relevant.
user997151086
New Member
Is anyone else getting a "500 Error" when trying to load the secondary application?2024-2025 Jefferson (Sidney Kimmel) Secondary Essay Prompts
1. Sidney Kimmel Medical College defines diversity as the richness in human differences. How will your own experiences allow you to contribute to the diversity of the student body and to provide equitable and inclusive care to your future patients? (2500 characters)
2. Do you have additional information that you would like to provide at this time? (4000 characters)
Good luck to all applying!
Interview Feedback:
![]()
Thomas Jefferson University Sidney Kimmel Medical College Admissions, Tuition & Student Feedback | SDN
Admissions data, tuition, degrees, location, interview feedback, essay prompts, and SDN forum links for JMC on SDN Schools Database.www.studentdoctor.net
Sakkarai7481
Full Member
Anyone else's portal say "application under review"? 😳 Submitted 7/4 and wondering if they've actually started reviewing my app this soon or if that just automatically shows up
Pre-med7603
Full Member
I've got the same for mine. Submitted around 6am on 7/6Anyone else's portal say "application under review"? 😳 Submitted 7/4 and wondering if they've actually started reviewing my app this soon or if that just automatically shows up
It usually means that with all the parts of your application complete, they have assigned it to someone to read thoroughly.Anyone else's portal say "application under review"? 😳 Submitted 7/4 and wondering if they've actually started reviewing my app this soon or if that just automatically shows up
This is good, and there are some more steps and time before you will know about a possible interview.
Here's a post that discusses: Admissions process?
BigtimeFoodie
Full Member
Outta curiosity what were your stats? congrats to you btw!Fellow bored 2023-2024 applicant. Was accepted here, and i wrote about my COVID experience for this essay i believe. The further we get from COVID, the less relevant.
bumblebee123456789
Full Member
Outta curiosity what were your stats? congrats to you btw!
Thank you! 512, 3.85 GPA, 3.78 sGPA
ribonucleoprotein
Full Member
not to get neurotic but SKMC has started sending out IIs according to reddit
Ammran1234
Full Member
dawg i saw that let the neuroticism beginnot to get neurotic but SKMC has started sending out IIs according to reddit
Maybe not, they might just be asking about it. But Jefferson does send II mad early so idk
ribonucleoprotein
Full Member
Yeah I DMed the two people who posted about it, will update
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ribonucleoprotein
Full Member
What's cycle tracker
Cycletracker shows 2 IIs received.
pptf327
Full Member
Cycletracker shows 2 IIs received.
can confirm. i got one today
ribonucleoprotein
Full Member
Thank you!Crowdsourced per-school timeline. Jefferson
Are you IS or have close ties?can confirm. i got one today
pptf327
Full Member
Could you share your LM and complete date?
LM: 76.6
app completed on 6/28
pptf327
Full Member
Are you IS or have close ties?
OOS and no ties
LM: 76.6
app completed on 6/28
Did you receive a complete email? My portal says complete since 7/1 but no email
ribonucleoprotein
Full Member
Congrats!! I feel a bit better considering I wasn't complete till 7/3LM: 76.6
app completed on 6/28
pptf327
Full Member
Did you receive a complete email? My portal says complete since 7/1 but no email
no i didn’t, i just checked the portal
pptf327
Full Member
Congrats!! I feel a bit better considering I wasn't complete till 7/3
thank you!!! and i may have lied. i think i actually wasn’t marked complete on the portal until 6/30
big congrats to you 🙂thank you!!! and i may have lied. i think i actually wasn’t marked complete on the portal until 6/30
Congrats big dawgcan confirm. i got one today
Are these ED or regular?
ribonucleoprotein
Full Member
Hopefully ED lolAre these ED or regular?
runaway_jim
Med School Applicant
II received 7/8 OOS regular decision, wow I was not expecting it this early
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congratulations! Could you share when you were complete, as well as your LM?II received 7/8 OOS regular decision, wow I was not expecting it this early
runaway_jim
Med School Applicant
Yeah for sure! Submitted AMCAS the day it was open, received the secondary on 6/29, and my file was complete on 7/1. My LM is 73.Congratulations! Could you share when you were complete, as well as your LM?
runaway_jim
Med School Applicant
No problem and thank you!Thank you! Congratulations again and good luck on the interview!
Did they just send II rn or was it during the day?Yeah for sure! Submitted AMCAS the day it was open, received the secondary on 6/29, and my file was complete on 7/1. My LM is 73.
Iron Man23
M.D. Class of 2029
Submitted 6/29 and was complete the same day. Is it safe to assume my application has been read and pushed to the side since people who were complete on later days are getting II’s? Or is that too neurotic.
runaway_jim
Med School Applicant
It was at 3:30pm EST todayDid they just send II rn or was it during the day?
I’m no expert but I highly doubt it. They send over 800 interviews total and I imagine only a dozen or two have been sent so far.Submitted 6/29 and was complete the same day. Is it safe to assume my application has been read and pushed to the side since people who were complete on later days are getting II’s? Or is that too neurotic.
The vast majority of invites are yet to come!
ribonucleoprotein
Full Member
Different people read different files. Perhaps the person reading yours isn't there yet! (I am also feeling very neurotic rn lol)Submitted 6/29 and was complete the same day. Is it safe to assume my application has been read and pushed to the side since people who were complete on later days are getting II’s? Or is that too neurotic.
Submitted 6/29 and was complete the same day. Is it safe to assume my application has been read and pushed to the side since people who were complete on later days are getting II’s? Or is that too neurotic.
Its also the first day that interviews are going out. Typically schools send out II to their "strongest" applicants who they want to spend most time recruiting. There are many people who are put in a side pile to pull from for later interviews. Just because you don't get one in July, doesn't mean you wont get one later! 🙂Different people read different files. Perhaps the person reading yours isn't there yet! (I am also feeling very neurotic rn lol)
I understand the stress, but make sure you're taking care of yourself and not comparing too much... We all have different journeys! I'm sure you are gonna do great this cycle!
BigtimeFoodie
Full Member
II +1
ribonucleoprotein
Full Member
Congrats! When were u complete and when did u get the II?II +1
Anyone else not get an email indicating completion? I submitted on 6/29, and portal says application is under review, but I never got the email they indicated they would send
ribonucleoprotein
Full Member
I got the completion email literally seconds after I submitted on 7/3Anyone else not get an email indicating completion? I submitted on 6/29, and portal says application is under review, but I never got the email they indicated they would send
Weird. That’s what happened to me last year which is why I thought to ask. Guess I’ll reach outI got the completion email literally seconds after I submitted on 7/3
Iron Man23
M.D. Class of 2029
If portal says you’re under review, then I’d assume you’re complete.Anyone else not get an email indicating completion? I submitted on 6/29, and portal says application is under review, but I never got the email they indicated they would send
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Iron Man23
M.D. Class of 2029
I have the same issue as well. Is it worth reaching out to admissions over this? I have had this happen with other schools but assumed being under review on the portal meant I was complete.Anyone else not get an email indicating completion? I submitted on 6/29, and portal says application is under review, but I never got the email they indicated they would send
I think it’s a fair assumption that the application is under review, but at the same time, I’m concerned that if I didn’t receive an email they specifically mentioned they would send, then there’s the possibility I might not receive update emails later on eitherI have the same issue as well. Is it worth reaching out to admissions over this? I have had this happen with other schools but assumed being under review on the portal meant I was complete.
ribonucleoprotein
Full Member
TBH I think it's too early/minor thing to reach out over. If u submitted on 6/29 that was a weekend so maybe the email for completion just didn't go out but its your digression!
Iron Man23
M.D. Class of 2029
Yea that’s a good point. I’ll wait since it says complete on the portal.TBH I think it's too early/minor thing to reach out over. If u submitted on 6/29 that was a weekend so maybe the email for completion just didn't go out but its your digression!
ribonucleoprotein
Full Member
In your portal if u go to communication status, how many emails do you see? I see 3: Secondary received, secondary submitted and secondary complete.Yea that’s a good point. I’ll wait since it says complete on the portal.