You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 Jefferson (Sidney Kimmel)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
It is analogous to expected family contribution. Generally the amount of need-based aid that you qualify for is equal to the Cost of Attendance minus your Student Aid Index value.Does anyone know what the Student Aid Index value means on our Jeff portal page?
Let's say that SKMC charges a tuition of 9 coffees, but your SAI is 3 coffees.
Then SKMC has determined that you only need 6 coffees and that is the maximum need-based aid you qualify for.
coffeelover347
Full Member
Got it, thank you for explaining! One follow up question- does this only apply for tuition or overall COA?It is analogous to expected family contribution. Generally the amount of need-based aid that you qualify for is equal to the Cost of Attendance minus your Student Aid Index value.
Let's say that SKMC charges a tuition of 9 coffees, but your SAI is 3 coffees.
Then SKMC has determined that you only need 6 coffees and that is the maximum need-based aid you qualify for.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Generally overall COAGot it, thank you for explaining! One follow up question- does this only apply for tuition or overall COA?
coffeelover347
Full Member
Ok awesome, thank you!Generally overall COA
coffeelover347
Full Member
Did you switch your account over to the 2025-26 aid year?where do you find this portal?
I am an admitted student and my banner portal shows nothing.
studentdoctor543
Full Member
Has anyone else not received their travel reimbursement yet?
I don't see how to do thisDid you switch your account over to the 2025-26 aid year?
doglover234
Full Member
GroupMe - Join the group for SKMC Class Of 2029 Accepted Students
GroupMe - Join the group for SKMC Class Of 2029 Accepted Students
groupme.com
Where do we find deposit info? I don’t see on website
coffeelover347
Full Member
So the email they just sent- we don't have to do the Commit to Enroll on April 30th since they have their own other deadline?
What other deadlines did they give? Can you provide the full email?So the email they just sent- we don't have to do the Commit to Enroll on April 30th since they have their own other deadline?
coffeelover347
Full Member
It pretty much says if you are not ready to commit there you have until 6/18 which is their final deadline. However I think the deposit is still due on 4/30.What other deadlines did they give? Can you provide the full email?
peregrine1
New Member
Anyone receive a financial aid offer? Still haven’t got anything
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
oncopremed
New Member
Where do we pay the deposit? I can't remember if I've paid it or not. Thanks!
+1 Anyone get FA information??Anyone receive a financial aid offer? Still haven’t got anything
through your original banner loginWhere do we pay the deposit? I can't remember if I've paid it or not. Thanks!
is it just the original 100through your original banner login
yeahis it just the original 100
heir_of_snakes
Full Member
Same, but at least we're now out of limbo. According to cycletrack, there was like a 4% chance of us getting off hpwl anywaysPost WL R 😛😛
purpleleopard
New Member
Another HPWL RSame, but at least we're now out of limbo. According to cycletrack, there was like a 4% chance of us getting off hpwl anyways
+1Another HPWL R
banananorfork
New Member
Is anyone on the WL still?
banananorfork
New Member
Wondering the same thingAnyone seen any further movement on the waitlist? Anyone been accepted off of it?
Will be withdrawing my A hope one of u beautiful people get the spot
Any update on travel reimbursements? I asked them and they said they were dealing with technical issues stemming from revamping their system. Just would love that money back so I can reapply now being rejected post-interview lol. I wonder if they will be promising that it in the future or shift away from in-person interviews.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
banananorfork
New Member
I received mine a few months after my interview date back in January. I hope you see it soon!Any update on travel reimbursements? I asked them and they said they were dealing with technical issues stemming from revamping their system. Just would love that money back so I can reapply now being rejected post-interview lol. I wonder if they will be promising that it in the future or shift away from in-person interviews.
banananorfork
New Member
Would also like to know!! I wonder if there will be any movement this month??Has anyone heard of anything happening on the waitlist since that first little wave of rejections at the beginning of May?
CTE for SKMC is 6/18 this year (stated here: Sidney Kimmel Medical College Admissions)
gilmoregirlwannabe
Full Member
Yeah unfortunately. The school sent an email to accepted students saying that the class is larger than anticipated and is offering tuition discounts for those who wish to defer their start date to next year.I guess there was absolutely no waitlist movement this year