2024-2025 Johns Hopkins

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Probably a glitch, but listen to me, stay away from the devil's temptation. It may bite you in the ass if they've read your application and noticed changes. The system may track your changes.
Pinky promise I wasn't going to try to 🙂 just was reviewing my submission and happened upon it.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I didn’t get an application complete email, but everything has green check marks. Should I assume my application is complete? Is there a submit button I’m not seeing?
 
I didn’t get an application complete email, but everything has green check marks. Should I assume my application is complete? Is there a submit button I’m not seeing?
The instructions aren't super clear. How it worked for me was that after 5-10 minutes, my application checklist updated with an additional attestation section and the payment portal. I got an "application complete" email a few hours later. Hope this helps!
 
The instructions aren't super clear. How it worked for me was that after 5-10 minutes, my application checklist updated with an additional attestation section and the payment portal. I got an "application complete" email a few hours later. Hope this helps!

wait you actually got an application complete email? my i never got one but have all the checks and it says on the portal it is under review. but i also had the fee waiver so i never had a payment to submit. i emailed them ~a month ago and didn’t get a response so i just assumed they didn’t do app complete emails..
 
wait you actually got an application complete email? my i never got one but have all the checks and it says on the portal it is under review. but i also had the fee waiver so i never had a payment to submit. i emailed them ~a month ago and didn’t get a response so i just assumed they didn’t do app complete emails..
i’m not sure if it’s different with waivers, but i’ll add that i got an app complete email right after submitting everything too
 
wait you actually got an application complete email? my i never got one but have all the checks and it says on the portal it is under review. but i also had the fee waiver so i never had a payment to submit. i emailed them ~a month ago and didn’t get a response so i just assumed they didn’t do app complete emails..
If I gives you any reassurance I also got the fee waiver as well as 2 of my friends AND my sister. Nobody got an application complete email. I think it probably is just an automated email that gets sent after payment goes through, not really indicative of status or anything. Don't think it affects our app.

They also didn't reply to me either, I sent them 3 emails and no response lol.
 
If I gives you any reassurance I also got the fee waiver as well as 2 of my friends AND my sister. Nobody got an application complete email. I think it probably is just an automated email that gets sent after payment goes through, not really indicative of status or anything. Don't think it affects our app.

They also didn't reply to me either, I sent them 3 emails and no response lol.

that gives me SO much reassurance thank you 🙂
 
Are they usually this late in sending interview invites orrr?
Last year they sent out their first interviews on Aug 2nd, so no, not usually this late (I didn't look at years before last though). They did have a problem with their portal in the first week, so that might have caused a delay but I wouldn't imagine much. Also, they're now covering full cost of attendance so maybe they're taking their sweet time in selecting people. Last year they sent out the majority of their interview batches on Thursdays, so maybe today!!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The Shining GIF

200.gif


OOS II LM 83 Complete 7/29! Could not be more excited. Feeling very grateful for this chance
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For anyone who interviewed here this past week, did the sessions go the whole 60 minutes or did you have a few minute buffer to hop onto the next zoom call if you scheduled your interviews back to back? Since they gave the option to schedule them all back to back I would assume it is fine but just wanted to double check.
 
For anyone who interviewed here this past week, did the sessions go the whole 60 minutes or did you have a few minute buffer to hop onto the next zoom call if you scheduled your interviews back to back? Since they gave the option to schedule them all back to back I would assume it is fine but just wanted to double check.

I had my interview yesterday and everyone was very mindful of ending on time (or a few minutes before) so you can head over to your next session. I know a fellow interviewee who had all 3 sessions back to back in the morning
 
Are the meet and greet sessions in the evening (there's one this Wednesday I believe) formal attire or nah? I assume not but wanna make sure
 
Thanks so much for the quick response. I can’t find the email for the life of me, I guess I better go searching!

This is directly from the email: “The Greeters meeting is very informal (please wear whatever is comfortable for you) and completely optional”
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad