-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 Johns Hopkins
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
That's all the information we've received, earliest we can hear is Dec 16 and latest is Dec 20Does anyone know when the first round of decisions will come out? I recall the admissions team said the week of December 16th and that they'd update with more specificity later on.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The interviews with both the faculty and student member were more conversational I would say. I would put it at like a 75/25 split conversational to formal!Anyone who interviewed here already have any insight on the vibe of the interviews? More conversational, or formal? Any advice would be appreciated! OOS II this past Monday
brainrottt
Full Member
My faculty interview was kind of intense. I was interviewed by someone with a PhD so he asked a lot about my research. Student interview was pretty chill though
My MD interviewer was in her first year of working at Hopkins and she was sooooo nice. She was very conversational and friendly so I feel like I got lucky
brainrottt
Full Member
Are both faculty and student interviews open file?
Yes!
Chickenpotpiesoup
Full Member
does anyone have any thoughts on whether the post-II A rate will be different this year with the new financial aid? Are they interviewing more candidates this year?
upperdeckystimmy
Full Member
Had a super similar experience. My faculty interviewer was lowkey grilling me about my experiences but the student interview was the best I've had throughout this entire processMy faculty interview was kind of intense. I was interviewed by someone with a PhD so he asked a lot about my research. Student interview was pretty chill though
D
deleted1116227
lmao yeah the reaosn why i think I'm a WL is bc my faculty interviewer was very dry and i got super nervous so I spoke wayy too fast. student was the best I've had too. but I think I need 2 good interviews to get in bc hopkins post-II A rate will probably be lower
Honestly yeah, the randomness is pretty interesting. But I had the opposite experience of most people because I did not feel that good about my student interview because he seemed like he was a little shy and quiet and I feel like we didn't connect that well so @interestingnickname I'm feeling that sweet, sweet WL as wellthe role of rng in getting into med schools once at the interview stage must be crazy haha
if only we could see the behind the scenes. from which subcommittee/screener your app got sent to, to which interviews you get, etc
pi-astronaut
pi-astronaut
when were you complete?Anyone who interviewed here already have any insight on the vibe of the interviews? More conversational, or formal? Any advice would be appreciated! OOS II this past Monday
banananabread
Full Member
does JHU accept pre-II LOIs or updates? can't seem to find a place on the portal
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
PotatoBean
Full Member
Negativedoes JHU accept pre-II LOIs or updates? can't seem to find a place on the portal
"The JHUSOM Office of Admissions does not accept updates to your AMCAS application or for the secondary application."
brainrottt
Full Member
Not sure if they're interviewing more people but they did mention getting 1500 more primary applicationsHad a super similar experience. My faculty interviewer was lowkey grilling me about my experiences but the student interview was the best I've had throughout this entire process
newkungfukenny
Full Member
As in right before Nov 1?Not sure if they're interviewing more people but they did mention getting 1500 more primary applications
8/19!when were you complete?
brainrottt
Full Member
As in right before Nov [emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]]]?
They mentioned this during my interview day around mid October. They weren’t sure if all those primaries would translate to submitted secondaries so it’s unclear how many extra complete applications they had
Finally sent my post-II update letter! literally feels like I sent a risky text since one of my updates is so random but also very cool. Now to hold my breath until late January
Note: JHU only takes updates and LOIs after an interview invite, as I saw there was a question about this earlier
Note: JHU only takes updates and LOIs after an interview invite, as I saw there was a question about this earlier
They told us that the EARLIEST we could hear back was Monday, the 16th. So I wouldn't count on it unless they pull a fast one for whatever reasonAny chance we hear back on Friday?
What do you guys think the odds are of me getting an A without even having been invited for an interview yet?! I mean nothing is impossible...
D
deleted1180326
me frWhat do you guys think the odds are of me getting an A without even having been invited for an interview yet?! I mean nothing is impossible...
What do you guys think the odds are of me getting an A without even having been invited for an interview yet?! I mean nothing is impossible...
There’s nothing GOD cannot do and HE will do it for us the right way which is, we will get an interview invite and we will get accepted. PRAYER and FAITH, that’s all we need now.
It’s impossible to hate on Jameis
fourfofour4
Full Member
The horse is prepared for battle, but victory comes from the lord 🙏
I'm just praying for the Lord to deliver me from rejections and waitlists
**8 lb 6 oz Baby JesusI'm just praying for the Lord to deliver me from rejections and waitlists
TRUST IN RICKY BOBBY BABY WOOOOO
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
brainrottt
Full Member
Did anyone else’s portal change back to to the general complete page and is no longer showing the interview info?
I see post interview information on my portal
D
deleted1116227
happened to me, I think decisions have been made?Did anyone else’s portal change back to to the general complete page and is no longer showing the interview info?
Hey gang. I'm in the later batch (won't be hearing back this week) and I don't have the post II stuff on my portal. I sent an update letter. Could that be causing the disparities rather than it being an admissions decision thing?
I want to do a poll, but guess you can't on SDN.
React
🤔 if you sent an update letter and don't have it on your portal, 😕 if you didn't send an update letter and don't have it on your portal,
😍 if you sent an update letter and have it on your portal, and 🤣 if you didn't send an update letter and have it on your portal.
I want to do a poll, but guess you can't on SDN.
React
🤔 if you sent an update letter and don't have it on your portal, 😕 if you didn't send an update letter and don't have it on your portal,
😍 if you sent an update letter and have it on your portal, and 🤣 if you didn't send an update letter and have it on your portal.
Last edited:
i think a lot of the others in the threads are expecting to hear back this week (and thats why the neuroticism is extra spicy)they told us we could send stuff in an update email before last week of jan iirc? if true then i can’t imagine they’ve already made decisions
D
deleted1116227
I think it might be joever for those that still have it. They aren't changing stuff for people they are going to reject anyway
Idk, maybe I'm just a doomer but I feel like they're preparing to remove my portal accessHey gang. I'm in the later batch (won't be hearing back this week) and I don't have the post II stuff on my portal. I sent an update letter. Could that be causing the disparities rather than it being an admissions decision thing?
I want to do a poll, but guess you can't on SDN.
React
🤔 if you sent an update letter and don't have it on your portal, 😕 if you didn't send an update letter and don't have it on your portal,
😍 if you sent an update letter and have it on your portal, and 🤣 if you didn't send an update letter and have it on your portal.
I don’t think it’s about updates, I didn’t send one and it changed.Hey gang. I'm in the later batch (won't be hearing back this week) and I don't have the post II stuff on my portal. I sent an update letter. Could that be causing the disparities rather than it being an admissions decision thing?
I want to do a poll, but guess you can't on SDN.
React
🤔 if you sent an update letter and don't have it on your portal, 😕 if you didn't send an update letter and don't have it on your portal,
😍 if you sent an update letter and have it on your portal, and 🤣 if you didn't send an update letter and have it on your portal.
I also don’t think it changing back to pre-interview is positive - I think it’s reflective of the rejected page other applicants who haven’t received an interview will receive. I.e. for those who’s portal changed, they were rerouted to the rejection route, which must be accesible by non-interviewed applicants.
Did you check to see if it’s the same with last year? I haven’t gotten an interview yet but I’m already stressing for you guys @interestingnickname
I checked - no one posted about it last year.Did you check to see if it’s the same with last year? I haven’t gotten an interview yet but I’m already stressing for you guys @interestingnickname
brainrottt
Full Member
It could just be a glitch in the system and mean nothing [emoji24]
Coming from a neurotic god who has recently been reformed (or trying to be), how about this: don't stress (easier said than done, and I have the luxury of waiting till Jan, don't mean to sound preachy), consider what the wise person above said that it could be nothing or just a glitch (not the first time it's happened, looking at u Mayo), wait till decisions come out....and then reconvene and make a statistical table or whatever scratches your itch rather than ruminating and freaking yourselves out (I know this is a safe place to vent, no shade meant). Y'all will be fine, you're all smart and talented people, even if Hopkins is a meany, I believe in you! (ik that's worthless but I hope it help someone 🙂)
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Girl/Dude, I was so bad not even last week because I didn’t get the A to a school I was dying for…then something clicked and I realize I just gotta move on with my life and make the most of the very solid deal I have, can’t off myself or mind control adcoms so time to move on 🤩. I made the most of undergrad, I’ll do the most I can no matter where I go (Hopkins or not!), and I know y’all can and will do the same 🙂 anyway that’s the end of my rant, I’m very hopped up on fever meds, happy holidays y’all 😭mentally healthy goat.
brainrottt
Full Member
I no longer see post interview information on my end [emoji15]
dayoneofmedicine
Full Member
I don't have an II and I'm anxious for you guys on this thread omg. If it's coming out today best of luck you guys
same, uh ohI no longer see post interview information on my end [emoji15]