You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 Loyola (Stritch)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
averagepremed0101
MD Class of 2029
+1 OOS
mangocrashout6
Full Member
whoops, got them confused. ty 🙂I think it's Rush that looks for those kinds of numbers
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
is it already on your list? Did you really apply to 57 schools and why so many?Anyone know the accepted or matriculated MCAT range? Can't find it anywhere. Is it worth it to apply here with a 100th percentile MCAT and no ties?
jrlybob1
Full Member
is it already on your list? Did you really apply to 57 schools and why so many?
yeah it’s on my list already, it’s just one of my last secondaries and some of the prompts require me to write entirely new essays.
applied to this many because I got scared by all the posts of high stat people getting in nowhere [emoji24] but looking back it was unnecessary
DąbrowskiMazurka
New Member
+1 IS
Are people writing around 500 words for these essays?
ribonucleoprotein
Full Member
anyone else still not get this one
mangocrashout6
Full Member
yeah i added them at the beginning of july. starting to think they do this in a random processanyone else still not get this one
IS II received this afternoon
mystery_grape019
Full Member
+1anyone else still not get this one
ribonucleoprotein
Full Member
IS II received this afternoon
interview?
Yes, IS with personal connection. Submitted secondary 7/15 and LM 75.5interview?
ribonucleoprotein
Full Member
congrats! when were u complete?
I've worked as a youth Sunday school teacher for a little while now, would it be okay to discuss a situation I encountered in this role? Not exactly sure what is meant by "professional formation". Are they looking for clinical stories instead? Just trying to tailor my responses to fit well with their Jesuit focus3. Relate a situation within your professional formation in which you determined that something you did or said did not go over well with someone else. How did you know? What did you do? What did you learn from the experience?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think anything that contributed to your maturing into a person headed towards your responsible profession would be fair gameI've worked as a youth Sunday school teacher for a little while now, would it be okay to discuss a situation I encountered in this role? Not exactly sure what is meant by "professional formation". Are they looking for clinical stories instead? Just trying to tailor my responses to fit well with their Jesuit focus
ribonucleoprotein
Full Member
+ 1 OOS
+1 oos finally
helpmelol!!
New Member
Is this a gap year question if we haven't explained what we are doing yet?I received a secondary on 7/10/24. Questions are the following @wysdoc :
1-5 have a minimum of 100 words, maximum of 500 word, all other essays (excluding 8) to do not have a designated word/character count. 6-13 are only to be answered if applicable.
1. Explain how you know that you want to spend your life studying and practicing medicine. Describe how the Loyola University Chicago Stritch School of Medicine (SSOM) can help you develop into the person and physician you hope to become.
2. Social justice, in the Jesuit tradition, justice due to each person's inherent human dignity, is an essential dimension of
education at SSOM. Describe an impactful experience working with and for under-resourced communities. Explain what you have learned about yourself through this service OR what has hindered your efforts to serve others in these environments.
3. Relate a situation within your professional formation in which you determined that something you did or said did not go over well with someone else. How did you know? What did you do? What did you learn from the experience?
4. Describe a time you received feedback about your performance and disagreed with the feedback. What did you disagree with? How did you handle it?
5. Describe a non-academic personal/professional challenge or conflict that you have experienced. Explain what skills, resources and/or strategies you employed to resolve the problem.
6. Have you or any of your relatives attended or been employed by Loyola University Chicago or the Stritch School of Medicine? If yes, please list the name, affiliation, school, and years of attendance.
7. Please indicate additional grades earned, amendments to your proposed coursework or graduation date, address changes, additions to your list of experiences, and anything else you feel we should know.
8. Please explain in more detail (in less than 1500 characters) anything that would help us understand any gaps or delays in your education, academic missteps, or personal challenges not listed elsewhere.
9. If you have not been enrolled in coursework for over two years, please let us know what you have been doing since your coursework ended.
10. Have you applied to SSOM prior to this application? If so, please list the years of your previous application submissions to SSOM and tell us how your application has improved since your previous submission.
11. Are you currently, or have you been, enrolled in any of the following programs?
12. Have you ever been convicted of a crime other than a minor traffic or parking violation? If the answer is yes, please explain below.
13. If you did not submit an advisor or committee letter, please tell us why.
7. Please indicate additional grades earned, amendments to your proposed coursework or graduation date, address changes, additions to your list of experiences, and anything else you feel we should know.
This is an update question in case something has changed since you submitted AMCAS primaryIs this a gap year question if we haven't explained what we are doing yet?
7. Please indicate additional grades earned, amendments to your proposed coursework or graduation date, address changes, additions to your list of experiences, and anything else you feel we should know.
helpmelol!!
New Member
I am a little confused though on the "and anything else you feel we should know." wordingThis is an update question in case something has changed since you submitted AMCAS primary
averagepremed0101
MD Class of 2029
Same thing with me here... Thought about just submitting it as is when I'm finished but I'm not sure.I'm recording my name, but no file is showing up? Everytime I click view file a new tab with message "Document not found" pops up. Anyone else with the same issue?
robot_soup
Full Member
Still nothing on my end, transmitted 7/3, OOS
OOS secondary right now.
letmein528
Full Member
finally oos secondary
Limp_Walking_Pimp_Talkin
Full Member
anybody have recommendations for answering "how you know you want to spend your life studying/practicing medicine?"
My thing is that this is literally the primary application, so just a brief reiteration of it?
My thing is that this is literally the primary application, so just a brief reiteration of it?
Haileerenae
Full Member
OOS secondary received today! Submitted 5/28 and was verified 6/6! Don't lose hope everyone!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
mangocrashout6
Full Member
+1 OOS finally
SushiSphinx
Full Member
+1 OOS🙂
robot_soup
Full Member
+1 OOS finally also 🙂
mangocrashout6
Full Member
i submitted first day and just got mine today... seems like a dice rollHow long did it take for you all to get the secondary? I sent my application to them early last week.
Grass1
Full Member
This feels like a stupid question and I'm sure I'm overthinking it but any feedback is appreciated! In regards to what seems to be their "gap year" prompt it says "if you have not been enrolled for over two years..." and like I graduated in May 2023 so by the time I start med school (fingers crossed) it will have been two years. I want write about what I've done/my plans during this time, but I'm just a little stuck on the wording of "over two years" and if they don't consider the application cycle year. Thoughts?
I think it means from date of application. But I don’t think saying what you have done since 2023 and what you plan to do up till matriculation will hurt youThis feels like a stupid question and I'm sure I'm overthinking it but any feedback is appreciated! In regards to what seems to be their "gap year" prompt it says "if you have not been enrolled for over two years..." and like I graduated in May 2023 so by the time I start med school (fingers crossed) it will have been two years. I want write about what I've done/my plans during this time, but I'm just a little stuck on the wording of "over two years" and if they don't consider the application cycle year. Thoughts?
SushiSphinx
Full Member
interview invite?? already?!+1 OOS II
LM? Complete date?+1 OOS II
berliner
Full Member
No way. Secondary or interview?+1 OOS II
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Interview Invite OOS yesterday, 8/1. LM 69.70, submitted secondary on 7/23.
Is anyone interviewing in person? I am trying to decide whether I can make interviewing in-person work because I live far enough away where I need to fly and work full-time so would need to take leave.Interview Invite OOS yesterday, 8/1. LM 69.70, submitted secondary on 7/23.
Last edited:
Is anyone interviewing in person? I am trying to decide whether I can make interviewing in-person work because I like far enough away where I need to fly and work full-time so would need to take leave.
How soon are the II dates?
LM? Complete date?
interview invite?? already?!
Interview invite! LM is around 75ish. Think I submitted 7/28?No way. Secondary or interview?
Is anyone interviewing in person? I am trying to decide whether I can make interviewing in-person work because I like far enough away where I need to fly and work full-time so would need to take leave.
Which days are in-person? I don't have access to my computer rn.