You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 Maryland
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
overanxious19
New Member
OOS A call! Does anyone know if they send a follow up email or when the portal updates?
zigzagzinger
Full Member
congrats! when did you interview? trying to figure out what the turnaround time is now.OOS A call! Does anyone know if they send a follow up email or when the portal updates?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
overanxious19
New Member
10/9 so less than 3 weeks ago! They originally said on interview day it would take 4-6 weekscongrats! when did you interview? trying to figure out what the turnaround time is now.
zigzagzinger
Full Member
ah that must've been a crazy pleasant surprise! Congrats again!10/9 so less than 3 weeks ago! They originally said on interview day it would take 4-6 weeks
gudeggtama
Full Member
congrats!! they'll do both-- i got my call on a wednesday and my portal updated that same friday!OOS A call! Does anyone know if they send a follow up email or when the portal updates?
Did you get a call or just a portal update?OOS Waitlist, interviewed 9/9, LM 75
Email telling me there was an update in the portalDid you get a call or just a portal update?
Last edited:
D
deleted1179229
+1 OOS II for the dual MD/MS program, yesterday (11/12/2024), LM 68.
iHeartTomatoes
Full Member
Congrats! When were you complete?+1 OOS II for the dual MD/MS program, yesterday (11/12/2024), LM 68.
D
deleted1179229
Hey thanks. Forgot to throw in completion date! Complete: 7/26/2024Congrats! When were you complete?
hittheroad
Full Member
would anyone mind speaking about your interview experience?
hittheroad
Full Member
is one interview with faculty and one is with a student? or both faculty?
It seems to be variable. but mine were both faculty!is one interview with faculty and one is with a student? or both faculty?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hopefuldoc1122
Full Member
I was 10/23 and I’m still waitingHas anyone who interviewed on 10/28 heard back?
10/16 and still waitingHas anyone who interviewed on 10/28 heard back?
D
deleted1179229
I'd love to hear anyone's experience with the dual MD/Master's interview! I did the bioengineering one, but I'm sure any MD/Master's interview experiences would be helpful to share. Or, perhaps the interviews are no different than regular MD ones - regardless, any info would be appreciated 🙂
LionManBemo
New Member
One faculty and one student interview. Q&A session with med students as well( which supposedly don't count towards admissions, but it doesn't hurt to ask questions and leave a good impression). I was super nervous leading up to it but they were very conversational. Def a low-stress interview. If you get an invite, they already like you, you just gotta show them that you are who you say you were in ur application. Be authentic and you'll be alright(I'm guessing lol, can't say for certain if they liked me lol)would anyone mind speaking about your interview experience?
+1 to the above response. The interview is open-file, so admissions will send you the names of your interviewers along with the Zoom links, and your interviewers go in having read your application. It wouldn't hurt to brainstorm questions specific to your interviewer or their line of work especially if it aligns with your app or interest since there will most likely be time for a few quick questions at the end! Good luck!would anyone mind speaking about your interview experience?
hopefuldoc1122
Full Member
Anyone heard back yet from mid/late October interview dates?
Lil'MissProzac
New Member
Interviewed 10/21 and crickets...Anyone heard back yet from mid/late October interview dates?
Last edited:
KitchenSinkEnjoyer
Full Member
Is Maryland moving slow this year? I was complete 8/6, have gotten two II from top 10 schools, and its been dead silent from UMaryland.
I bring up the 2 II bc im kinda blown maryland is ghosting me. My stats are good for t10 and IM A MARYLAND RESIDENT. Maryland denied me last cycle so i was ready to prove myself this time around 🙁(
I bring up the 2 II bc im kinda blown maryland is ghosting me. My stats are good for t10 and IM A MARYLAND RESIDENT. Maryland denied me last cycle so i was ready to prove myself this time around 🙁(
they told me at my interview that it takes 4-6 weeks for them to release your decision, so it's not quite time yet! hang in thereInterviewed 10/21 and crickets...
zigzagzinger
Full Member
I was hopeful for the late Oct/early Nov batch to hear before thanksgiving but I’m thinking it’ll be after 😕Interviewed 10/28 and I'm waiting to hear back still. If anything, probably not gonna hear much for this week due to the holidays.
Same, maybe we will be surprised!I was hopeful for the late Oct/early Nov batch to hear before thanksgiving but I’m thinking it’ll be after 😕
hopefuldoc1122
Full Member
Hoping if people who interviewed 10/16 heard last week, the late October ones are this week!
LionManBemo
New Member
not trynna have any news ruin the holidays so im honestly cool with not knowing for a while lol💀
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
sincerely_arden
New Member
OOS A!!! they just called me!! interviewed 10/23
zigzagzinger
Full Member
This made me lolnot trynna have any news ruin the holidays so im honestly cool with not knowing for a while lol💀
They gotta show Marylanders some love...
Lil'MissProzac
New Member
OOS A!!! Received the call just now. Interviewed 10/21. Wishing everyone else luck <3
OOS accepted dual degree on 11/19. interviewed on 10/2... so took a bit longer than the 4-6. leggoo
NeuroticPreMed999
New Member
For real!!!They gotta show Marylanders some love...
carrotcake8
Full Member
Hey, I have my interview this week and nervous!! Can anybody say a little about what their interviews were like?
zigzagzinger
Full Member
You interviewed 10/28, right? Any news yet? I was the week after you so this week will be 4 weeks since interviewing. Fingers crossed for both of us!I had faculty members for both of my interviews. The first one started off with "tell me about yourself" and we kind of went from there. The second one was focused on my experience in rural areas bc I applied for R-heale
I interviewed 10/28 as well, no news yet. From previous years it seems that late October and early November interviewers heard back around mid December!You interviewed 10/28, right? Any news yet? I was the week after you so this week will be 4 weeks since interviewing. Fingers crossed for both of us!
Last edited:
Yes, I did. I was hoping to hear this week bc people from the week before (10/21 and 10/26) seem to have heard back last week. Good luck!!You interviewed 10/28, right? Any news yet? I was the week after you so this week will be 4 weeks since interviewing. Fingers crossed for both of us!
LionManBemo
New Member
Someone in last year’s thread mentioned that "adcom meetings are on Mondays, calls happen Monday/Tuesday, and official emails go out on Wednesday." I’m not sure how accurate that is, but based on when people received decisions, it seems to align (with some outliers of course). not that it really matters, but im guessing lots of ppl are gonna hear back early in the week.
LionManBemo
New Member
IS A!! I got the call like 10 min after I typed this💀Someone in last year’s thread mentioned that "adcom meetings are on Mondays, calls happen Monday/Tuesday, and official emails go out on Wednesday." I’m not sure how accurate that is, but based on when people received decisions, it seems to align (with some outliers of course). not that it really matters, but im guessing lots of ppl are gonna hear back early in the week.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
nerotcinboxrefrshr
Full Member
Congrats!! What day did you interview?IS A!! I got the call like 10 min after I typed this💀
LionManBemo
New Member
thank you! i interviewed the 28thCongrats!! What day did you interview?
hittheroad
Full Member
omg congrats! when did u interviewOOS A, no ties. Got the call at noon!