You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 Maryland
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
carrotcake8
Full Member
Yeah Im with you - and I interviewed first week of December and haven’t heard anything yetGoing absolutely insane with the application process. Has anyone who interviewed in early December heard back? Acceptance, waitlist, or rejection?
Bro same, I also interviewed first week of december (funny how at least one of you guys was probably in that same zoom info session with me lol) and still haven't heard back yet. I'm OOS btw. I think this is the first time in my entire life that I've been anxiously waiting every single day for a call from an unknown number with a 410 or 443 area code. Hopefully this doesn't mean that all of us december people got Rs and WLs.Yeah Im with you - and I interviewed first week of December and haven’t heard anything yet
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
manifestingwithprayers
Full Member
The fact that no one from early Dec has heard back gives me hope that there's still a chance. At least that's how I intend to see it.Bro same, I also interviewed first week of december (funny how at least one of you guys was probably in that same zoom info session with me lol) and still haven't heard back yet. I'm OOS btw. I think this is the first time in my entire life that I've been anxiously waiting every single day for a call from an unknown number with a 410 or 443 area code. Hopefully this doesn't mean that all of us december people got Rs and WLs.
bagel_lover_2024
Full Member
Pre II R 🙂
According to MSAR they took 10 people off the waitlist last year. No idea how long the entire waitlist wasWL, Interviews 12/2...Any information about UMSOM waitlist chances?
Last edited:
IloveJesus123
Full Member
Anybody from Dec 4th interview hear back yet?
Nope. I waited all day for the phone call but it never came 🙁. Hopefully we'll hear back on Monday! But from what I understand, med school committees don't meet and deliberate every single day of the week so it might be a bit longer until they get to the Dec 4 peopleAnybody from Dec 4th interview hear back yet?
Last edited:
carrotcake8
Full Member
Does everybody hear some kind of response in the 4-6 weeks post interview? or are some people left waiting until they are done with them?
D
deleted1171223
Just a datapoint from last cycle -
II: Nov 27th 2023
Interview: Dec 6th 2023
Acceptance (by email): Jan 24th 2024
II: Nov 27th 2023
Interview: Dec 6th 2023
Acceptance (by email): Jan 24th 2024
Last edited by a moderator:
manifestingwithprayers
Full Member
This is my 7th week post interviewDoes everybody hear some kind of response in the 4-6 weeks post interview? or are some people left waiting until they are done with them?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Been 7 weeks for me alsoThis is my 7th week post interview
fortniteferret
Full Member
did they email you this?WL, Interviews 12/2...Any information about UMSOM waitlist chances?
fortniteferret
Full Member
anyone from dec 2 hear back yet? any acceptances?
Yeah they emailed me that an update was made to my portal.did they email you this?
mr.sakamoto
Full Member
Anyone heard back yet for early December interviews..?? 😔
fortniteferret
Full Member
no 🙁Anyone heard back yet for early December interviews..?? 😔
Me neither 🙁Anyone heard back yet for early December interviews..?? 😔
IloveJesus123
Full Member
Neither have I 😔Anyone heard back yet for early December interviews..?? 😔
manifestingwithprayers
Full Member
Any news today?
overanxious19
New Member
the financial aid info session today just said most students qualify for in state tuition after the first year, not sure the details thoughdid someone say if u apply to be a maryland resident u can qualify for in state tuition
Nope.Any news today?
If this is legit, then we should be hearing back literally any day now.Just a datapoint from last cycle -
II: Nov 27th 2023
Interview: Dec 6th 2023
Acceptance (by email): Jan 24th 2024
Last edited:
dayoneofmedicine
Full Member
Were your interviews all scheduled so soon after receiving the II?
I received mine in Oct, but when I looked, the first date was already in mid-Jan... So I only just interviewed.
I received mine in Oct, but when I looked, the first date was already in mid-Jan... So I only just interviewed.
manifestingwithprayers
Full Member
No I got my II in late Sept and but my interview wasn’t until early DecemberWere your interviews all scheduled so soon after receiving the II?
I received mine in Oct, but when I looked, the first date was already in mid-Jan... So I only just interviewed.
IloveJesus123
Full Member
Same! I got the II late Sep and the earliest date was first week of DecNo I got my II in late Sept and but my interview wasn’t until early December
fortniteferret
Full Member
i though umsom accepts more in state apps.... how r there mostly/only OOS A on here!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got the II in early November but the earliest date for an interview was early DecemberWere your interviews all scheduled so soon after receiving the II?
I received mine in Oct, but when I looked, the first date was already in mid-Jan... So I only just interviewed.
The raw number of acceptances are actually similar, it's just that there are way more OOS apps so the IS acceptance rate is much higher. OOS applicants also have much lower yield than IS applicants.i though umsom accepts more in state apps.... how r there mostly/only OOS A on here!
manifestingwithprayers
Full Member
Another week has gone by 😢
IloveJesus123
Full Member
I know!! This waiting is brutal😖
fortniteferret
Full Member
has anyone called the admissions team in regards to hearing back from early december interviews?
manifestingwithprayers
Full Member
I was tempted to, but I don’t want to look impatient.has anyone called the admissions team in regards to hearing back from early december interviews?
manifestingwithprayers
Full Member
This really could just me being extra cautious and anxious. It might be fine to reach out; I just really dont wanna risk it.I was tempted to, but I don’t want to look impatient.
hopefuldoc1122
Full Member
Anyone know how much waitlist movement there usually is?
fortniteferret
Full Member
Congrats!! When did u interview?Just got the call!! So excited 🙂
IloveJesus123
Full Member
Yayyyyyy congrats!!! When did you interview cuz I've been waiting for almost 2 months now🥲Just got the call!! So excited 🙂
Buhgsy
Full Member
A while ago, in early November 🙂Congrats!! When did u interview?
manifestingwithprayers
Full Member
GUYS!! I GOT IN!!!!!!
IloveJesus123
Full Member
Omgggv ayayyayayayya I’m so happy for u!!!!GUYS!! I GOT IN!!!!!!
Given UMSOM is Maryland's only medical school they should admit and interview less OOS or increase class size (I think last year they interviewed a similar amount of in-state vs out-of-state apps...) they should provide more opportunities for in-state to have an interview even if they do not necessarily get in. They also put more emphasis on certain diverse experiences and personal backgrounds....which is subjective so sometimes you can be missed. Good luck to future in-state applicants, do not get your hopes up even if you have good stats and experiences I know plenty of amazing candidates who got full-rides elsewhere/some scholarships not able to get interviews from UMSOM and were confused. It will be UMSOM's loss of exceptional candidates and less retention for in-state physicians.I got the II in early November but the earliest date for an interview was early December
The raw number of acceptances are actually similar, it's just that there are way more OOS apps so the IS acceptance rate is much higher. OOS applicants also have much lower yield than IS applicants.
Last edited:
IloveJesus123
Full Member
When was your interview?GUYS!! I GOT IN!!!!!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1044344
I get that this process is frustrating, but just to clarify—Hopkins is also a med school in MD, and a new DO school is opening in Hagerstown. I understand the concern about in-state opportunities, but I don’t think this kind of negativity really helps current, or future applicantsGiven UMSOM is Maryland's only medical school they should admit and interview less OOS or increase class size (I think last year they interviewed a similar amount of in-state vs out-of-state apps...) they should provide more opportunities for in-state to have an interview even if they do not necessarily get in. They also put more emphasis on certain diverse experiences and personal backgrounds....which is subjective so sometimes you can be missed. Good luck to future in-state applicants, do not get your hopes up even if you have good stats and experiences I know plenty of amazing candidates who got full-rides elsewhere/some scholarships not able to get interviews from UMSOM and were confused. It will be UMSOM's loss of exceptional candidates and less retention for in-state physicians.
I don’t think it’s negativity just the reality, I know dozens of amazing applicants who felt defeated not receiving an interview from their in-state school. Some people bank on getting an interview from their in-state school especially if they have an amazing app just an fyi. Hopkins is private doesn’t matter in or out of state and the school in Hagerstown is DO, UMSOM is MD, the degrees are different. It would be great if AMCAS could release medical school acceptance rates by state so we have more information instead of conjectures and see if any disparities lie within certain states. Maybe I will inquire…. But by all means good luck to all future applicants, not receiving an interview or being waitlisted is not a reflection of your capabilities of being an amazing doctor.I get that this process is frustrating, but just to clarify—Hopkins is also a med school in MD, and a new DO school is opening in Hagerstown. I understand the concern about in-state opportunities, but I don’t think this kind of negativity really helps current, or future applicants
felt this ngl… me and my friend applied , I got in she did not , I swear she had a way better app than me 😭 it’s honestly kinda random . I applied later than her too in AugustGiven UMSOM is Maryland's only medical school they should admit and interview less OOS or increase class size (I think last year they interviewed a similar amount of in-state vs out-of-state apps...) they should provide more opportunities for in-state to have an interview even if they do not necessarily get in. They also put more emphasis on certain diverse experiences and personal backgrounds....which is subjective so sometimes you can be missed. Good luck to future in-state applicants, do not get your hopes up even if you have good stats and experiences I know plenty of amazing candidates who got full-rides elsewhere/some scholarships not able to get interviews from UMSOM and were confused. It will be UMSOM's loss of exceptional candidates and less retention for in-state physicians.
hittheroad
Full Member
its super random. a lot of people don't even get one interview so it's difficult to "expect" anything with this process.I don’t think it’s negativity just the reality, I know dozens of amazing applicants who felt defeated not receiving an interview from their in-state school. Some people bank on getting an interview from their in-state school especially if they have an amazing app just an fyi. Hopkins is private doesn’t matter in or out of state and the school in Hagerstown is DO, UMSOM is MD, the degrees are different. It would be great if AMCAS could release medical school acceptance rates by state so we have more information instead of conjectures and see if any disparities lie within certain states. Maybe I will inquire…. But by all means good luck to all future applicants, not receiving an interview or being waitlisted is not a reflection of your capabilities of being an amazing doctor.
Complete opposite for me - I'm OOS and got zero love from my own state school despite being far above their median mcat, but somehow got an II at Maryland. The process is truly quite random and unfair at times.I don’t think it’s negativity just the reality, I know dozens of amazing applicants who felt defeated not receiving an interview from their in-state school. Some people bank on getting an interview from their in-state school especially if they have an amazing app just an fyi.
Last edited: