You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 McGovern
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
medschoolapplicant2025
Full Member
OOS II! The soonest interview for me was Dec. 6th. Anyone else experience this?
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
AdAbsurdum
Full Member
IS II just a second ago. LM 77, secondary complete 7/21.
They have already booked up October and November?OOS II! The soonest interview for me was Dec. 6th. Anyone else experience this?
medschoolapplicant2025
Full Member
Not sure if it is strategic to their application process, but the soonest available was beginning of Dec. and then a few more that month.They have already booked up October and November?
Last edited:
notoriousknj
Full Member
Does McGovern accept letters of intent post-interview, and if so when is the best time to send one? I have no pertinent updates application wise but I know for sure that it is my top choice and that I want to go there.
they should accept them. i mean why not right now right lolDoes McGovern accept letters of intent post-interview, and if so when is the best time to send one? I have no pertinent updates application wise but I know for sure that it is my top choice and that I want to go there.
Are You Ready for Commitment? When and How to Write a Letter of Intent
You haven't heard back from your dream school and you want to let them know you're still interested. Should you write a letter of intent?
www.studentdoctor.net
medapplicant4
Full Member
What is the dress code for preview day? The email doesn't specify
D
deleted1085576
everyone will likely wear interview attire. better to dress up than down for these kinds of thingsWhat is the dress code for preview day? The email doesn't specify
medapplicant4
Full Member
So the preview day is an optional in-person tour day for people who already completed their online interview. Do u still recommend a full suit? I think you may be thinking of a different event? I thought we were supposed to dress casual/ comfy?everyone will likely wear interview attire. better to dress up than down for these kinds of things
Max 10% can be OOSI have an OOS interview next week, and in the pre interview pamphlet it says 12/260 students are out of state. How cooked am I? Am I wasting my time?
Are you interested? Then come show it
D
deleted1085576
not sure then, probably business casual is a good choice thenSo the preview day is an optional in-person tour day for people who already completed their online interview. Do u still recommend a full suit? I think you may be thinking of a different event? I thought we were supposed to dress casual/ comfy?
KuriousKoala
Full Member
IS II Today!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Not at allIS II Today 😀 Does the fact that I can not interview until December 13th hurt my chances of acceptance compared to someone who interviews earlier (September/October)?
IS II today!!! LM 68.3, fully complete 9/8
Considering II dates are already at December, do we pretty much have like two or three weeks left to receive invites?
I'm kind of scared with 0 TX II
I'm kind of scared with 0 TX II
Only a few schools stop inviting in November (UTSW, UTMB, maybe UTRGV)Considering II dates are already at December, do we pretty much have like two or three weeks left to receive invites?
I'm kind of scared with 0 TX II
The rest you stil have more months available to be invited
McGovern holds a lot of seats for the match process so interviewing late in cycle does not hurt for being called late.
BrickLayer
Full Member
IS II today 😀DDD secondary complete 8/4
MedMaverickX
Full Member
IS II yesterday! LM: 70
Complete on 08/17 🙂
Complete on 08/17 🙂
tankitpork
Full Member
I had my interview here a couple days ago. It was 2, 20/30-min long 1-on-1s along with some presentations and panels scattered throughout the day. Really conversational and not interrogative at all.
Last edited:
Just a warning folks, the Kira Talent website occasionally caused my entire computer to freeze up so bad I needed to force restart it. Thankfully only happened during the practice recordings and after I was done recording, but still, make sure everything is up to spec.
supernovae
Full Member
IS II just now! 🙂 Complete 8/8, LM 72, 4Q Casper
AspiringSurgeon1212
Full Member
Congrats! LM?OOS II
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
McGovern historically is not a pre-match heavy school, they are very choosy with who they send pre-match offers too.Chances of hearing from McGovern tomorrow if you’ve already interviewed?
However...it would certainly be a nice surprise if I were to be among the <7% interviewees to receive one tomorrow!
I heard last year they sent them on the first day.Chances of hearing from McGovern tomorrow if you’ve already interviewed?
At 6AM no less. We’ll see if they continue that trend.I heard last year they sent them on the first day.
lalalalababababa
Full Member
OOS A!!!
Did they email or call you?OOS A!!!
IS Prematch!! God bless!!
lalalalababababa
Full Member
Did they email or call you?
Email!
Bro got a prematch in the future (yeah yeah yeah timezones, just laugh at the funny joke)Prematched 11:30 AM LM 78
medapplicant4
Full Member
Prematched at about 10:30 AM. This is my dream school
Interviewed 8/16
Lizzy M 71

Interviewed 8/16
Lizzy M 71
bornonisland
New Member
Is it getting too late in the cycle to still receive an interview here? This is one of my top schools, but I do not know if I can still maintain my "it's still early in the cycle" delusion.
browntexaspremed
Full Member
+1 Prematch, LM 75 interviewed Mid-august
they usually keep sending invitations until DecemberIs it getting too late in the cycle to still receive an interview here? This is one of my top schools, but I do not know if I can still maintain my "it's still early in the cycle" delusion.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
majestic_chair
Full Member
OOS A at 11:30, LM 77, interviewed mid-august. So excited!!!!
Last edited:
Welcome to Texas and instate Tuition that is better than any other in nation @majestic_chair and @lalalalababababa
sleepingowl
New Member
IS A LM 75, interviewed 9/20! 10:30 CST
ghostpants512
Admitted-MD
IS Acceptance! I am so excited 🙂